• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
ah yes it seems to be working.

Sorry to keep bugging you, but the headphones fix script seems to force close for me, dunno about you

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:null
haven't tried the fix yet as my headphone seems working fine on the pulse mini.
So can't say anything to this yet, sorry

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:Pulse Mini with GM0d
As i (kinda :D) promised to do some deep testing this is my results so far:
- faster response in every aspect, surfing speed, menus ...
- faster bootup time (thx god, and u ofc :()
- not much what to say, phone is like reborn.
- got SC card speed decreased. SDSpeedTest app reported class6, now reports class4. but it is expected as a2sd is live and kicking :P

Now few negative things:
- Managed to get FC! :D Contacts->Menu button->Manage contacts-> Copy from SIM card. U see none but there are contacts on SIM card (163). Do Select all. boom. android.process.acore FC without the wait option.
This i would rate 5-6 / 10 star bug coz i transfered contacts over SC card. But as most maybe will do Data Wipe they will be contact-less :P
- Another FC i got at gallery app (this 1 u included). there were few FCs but i guess its normal, seems like minis dont have that much processing power B)

Now im tesing wifi, gps and multimedia parts, also still waiting for market to show more apps (it can take up to 24h when changing fingerprint afaik)
So far so good, gonna report more as i go :D

PS: im not under 3G cover so that i leave to some1 else to test :(

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
Gjole86,
I'm happy to see that most things seem to work.
I also get the FC when trying to move sim contacts over to the phone. I'm not sure wheter I'll be able to fix this. Gonna try it yourself :-)
Concerning the Gallery I'm actually happy to at least have a gallery that is working. I didn't get any FCs with it yet. As I don't know what was causing the standard gallery to crash everytime, I'm very limited in doing improvements here.

Don't forget, I'm still a newbie and nerver cooked a rom before. Therefore I'm already d'accord with what we have for now.
Still my whish that other people will join the pulse mini club :-)

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
nah i know that u are newbie, i try to mod ur mods too :( mainly i wanted to port BlueS or ogiogi's cyan v2 framework. as time i have is rly short i rly appreciate ur work. and its very well done.
about contacts i managed to sent em properly. also fixed my main contancts prob. some contacts have 2-3 or more numbers. when stored to sim card they get apart and when copyed to pulse i had like 4 contacts with same name, but diferent numbers. lucky i still have this old nokia 6630 working, so i sent all contacts over bluetooth. now lets rock :(

mac_d4di

mac_d4di

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend Y550
thankyou very much for this rom, so far the best of the bunch I think. could any of you clever people tell me how to use the script files as they seem to FC.

Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

thankyou very much for this rom, so far the best of the bunch I think. could any of you clever people tell me how to use the script files as they seem to FC.

This is indeed a brilliant ROM its so fast and better looking than the other one that comes as stock you have done a brilliant job thanks!

I also would like to know how to use the script files as they do indeed force close for me too.

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
will remove script files in a next release. ASE r25 is not working on the pulse. I heart r20 would do, but I don't get it either to run...

ah and yes...please someone is keen enough to restart the phone?
Did that now and getting a lot of core FC. Is that the same on your phones? Hopefully not :/

Edited by gforums, 27 July 2010 - 09:47 AM.

Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

will remove script files in a next release. ASE r25 is not working on the pulse. I heart r20 would do, but I don't get it either to run...

ah and yes...please someone is keen enough to restart the phone?
Did that now and getting a lot of core FC. Is that the same on your phones? Hopefully not :/

Restarted here, still working fine for me

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
okay ;-) then probably it was something else I installed or tried....

Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Detailed ROM review my mental_atom (r3):

Before i start, you should know that I know nothing about android and how it works so this is purely a user based review:

General Ease of Use:
Ease of use for me would appear to have improved greatly with this ROM, the speed is much faster in all menus and general operations you will do all the time for example opening and browsing the app drawer, this is much improved from the default T-mobile ROM which was slow and sluggish at best. The phone in general seems a lot more responsive than before and is therefore SO many times easier to use and handle.

Theme:
Not much to say here, but the espresso mod (or whatever the theme is called) looks awesome on the pulse mini and is again a million times better than the stock T-mobile pink skin (but then again, that wouldn't be hard). It gives the phone a nicer feel I think so it seems a lot nicer to use as it is more pleasing to the eye.

Storage:
The inclusion of apps2sd is very very very useful as the pulse mini for me seemed to have a bit of a cramped space for apps and you ended up juggling what to install, but with this there is now so much room you can install tonnes more apps than before and they run a lot faster due to the performance improvements which i mentioned in the first section.

Applications:
The gallery has been replaced by a nice pretty 3D one which runs fairly smoothly on the mini but can lag a bit due to the lack of hardware acceleration, but it is hardly a problem.
The dialer/contacts/call log app is much nicer than before but there does seem to be a bug with copying contacts to and from the SIM card but hopefully this can be fixed (I have no idea)
Music player is so much better and actually has decent features and organisation. Just try and you will see its hard to explain how it is better, it just IS.

Hmmm... thats all I can think of but if you think of more categories let me know and i will continue. I'm just rubbish at thinking of categories.

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
r3b is online
I replaced the contacts app. Its not more as nice as the previous one, but its working better.
Searching for contacts still works over menu.
FLB custom scripts removed.

Edited by gforums, 27 July 2010 - 10:49 AM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• News Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

r3b is online
I replaced the contacts app. Its not more as nice as the previous one, but its working better.
Searching for contacts still works over menu.
FLB custom scripts removed.

they wouldn't have worked on the Pulse Mini anyway :(

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

they wouldn't have worked on the Pulse Mini anyway

ah..ok :(
So ASE probably was working but the scripts F it to C.
Anyway. No need for ASE so long....

Edited by gforums, 27 July 2010 - 11:52 AM.

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
i guess ill stay on r3 as i like this dialer/contacts/log app. trying to get old gallery back no success so far ..
btw forums look nice on opera mini 5.1 :(

tymchn

tymchn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8110
I agree with everyone else, the response of r3 (I haven't flashed r3b) is a great improvement over the stock rom. I have also noticed a slightly different quirk with the contacts app. All my numbers are synchronised across from my Google account, but they all show up under Z. This means I can't scroll down the list by letter. I effectively have one long list... not a serious problem mind.

Gallery app also is very pretty but I think we might be pushing the Pulse mini a bit hard. Perhaps the option of using the more basic/responsive version is worth considering?

And I would just like to vote for my favourite Home app, Helix Launcher. I did check out the others but I keep coming back to it.

So in summary an incredible rom, congratulations and please do keep up the good work! :(

spaceboy_100

spaceboy_100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse Mini
I have been using r3b since yesterday and so far no complaints. Everything seems to work well. I didn't really like the standard 3D menu, but that is just personal preference.

I still can't access my memory card over USB. I have tried reinstalling the stock ROM and it worked fine, but then when I updated to r3b again it stops working. This might be just me though.

I would echo other peoples positive comments - this is the best mod I have tried so far.

Many thanks

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
i had no probs with SD card over usb. did u wiped data / dalvik?
btw u cant access SD card over usb while android running or u cant access SD when in recovery?

Edited by Gjole86, 28 July 2010 - 09:35 AM.

fredfox_uk

fredfox_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Pulse Mini
Loving R3b :( Only issues I've found is Fancy Widget doesn't save the settings, and when the screen turns off and wi-fi disconnects, it doesn't reconnect when I turn the phone back on. Battery useage seems quite high, but that could be that I'm messing around with it so much and I've only had it three days :(

Everything else is great :P Thanks for all your work.

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
i found some fancy bootanimation starts with Win7 animation and goes into nexus X style :( works ok on my mini.

PS: it is the animation zip file, dont flash it, just replace it with root explorer. requires root ofc. its in /system/media/bootanimation.zip

have fun

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users