172 replies to this topic

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Devices:null

Loving R3b smile.gif Only issues I've found is Fancy Widget doesn't save the settings

You can try deleting the fancy widget settings in /data/data.
There's a folder for fancy widget. You need r/w access, so try it with root explorer.

Battery useage seems quite high, but that could be that I'm messing around with it so much and I've only had it three days

Could well be :-) The rom is in no way battery optimized, but I don't see any reason why it should drain more battery than the original rom.

fredfox_uk

fredfox_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Pulse Mini

You can try deleting the fancy widget settings in /data/data.
There's a folder for fancy widget. You need r/w access, so try it with root explorer.
Could well be :-) The rom is in no way battery optimized, but I don't see any reason why it should drain more battery than the original rom.

Thanks I'll give it go :(

I didn't give the original ROM a chance, I probably ran it for about 20 minutes before I flashed your ROM, so can't compare to original :( I'll see what it's like when I stop messing about !

Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

i found some fancy bootanimation starts with Win7 animation and goes into nexus X style :( works ok on my mini.

PS: it is the animation zip file, dont flash it, just replace it with root explorer. requires root ofc. its in /system/media/bootanimation.zip

have fun

Now that is one nice boot animation!

agapitox

agapitox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawey U8110, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@agapitox
I tried loading the rom R3B, but when booting I get this error:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and I can not do anything more ... Any ideas?

thanks

Mental_Atom

Mental_Atom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I tried loading the rom R3B, but when booting I get this error:

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
and I can not do anything more ... Any ideas?

thanks

Try reflashing it.

agapitox

agapitox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawey U8110, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@agapitox
jaja I tried as about 5 times .. and nothing!

mczack

mczack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:pulse mini
hi bit of a newbie great work on the rom it looks great i tried to upgrade to r3b (ive been using r3) and when its loaded i get a message about core cant remember all the message and also when i upgrade do i follow all the instructions or do i just flash the rom (i just flashed r3b without wiping data)-(not keen on the menu)

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
that apk really should be removed from the rom. if you know how to use adb you should be able to delete it by mounting the system drive first.

adb remount
adb shell
rm /system/app/CustomAPKsHidden*

Edited by flibblesan, 28 July 2010 - 10:20 PM.

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:Pulse Mini with GM0d

that apk really should be removed from the rom. if you know how to use adb you should be able to delete it by mounting the system drive first.

maybe u wanna clean the rom a bit? :( like de-odex it and remove all crap that is not needed :(

fredfox_uk

fredfox_uk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Pulse Mini
After having R3b running for most of the day, the phone started to re-boot or after the screen turned off it wouldn't wake up again, taking the battery out was the only solution. I tried to reflash after wiping everything, but it looped after the re-booting once I'd installed from the recovery mode. I wiped everything again and successfully installed, however, during the configuration of the google account I got this message :- android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly I got it the first time too, I just didn't worry about it :P This time I thought I'd let you know :( I'll see what happens, and I'm keeping an eye on what I install and mess about with - no idea if it's connected but this did happen after I messed with Fancy Widget but even un-installing it didn't stop the re-boots.

One request, is it possible it make the pattern lock screen bigger ? It's so small that I keep getting the wrong pattern. Thanks :(

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

ah..ok :(
So ASE probably was working but the scripts F it to C.
Anyway. No need for ASE so long....

Not the scripts causing the FC. You didn't add the required library to the /system/lib folder :(

libcom_google_ase_Exec.so

anyway unless you have some scripts it's not worth adding.

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Not the scripts causing the FC. You didn't add the required library to the /system/lib folder

yep :-) that's right...

that apk really should be removed from the rom.

will be removed within the next release.

After having R3b running for most of the day, the phone started to re-boot or after the screen turned off it wouldn't wake up again, taking the battery out was the only solution. I tried to reflash after wiping everything, but it looped after the re-booting once I'd installed from the recovery mode. I wiped everything again and successfully installed, however, during the configuration of the google account I got this message :- android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Hmm..I'm running r3b on my pulse too at the moment. Hadn't had these issues yet but will see if it occurs again. Sorry for that!

hi bit of a newbie great work on the rom it looks great i tried to upgrade to r3b (ive been using r3) and when its loaded i get a message about core cant remember all the message and also when i upgrade do i follow all the instructions or do i just flash the rom (i just flashed r3b without wiping data)-(not keen on the menu)

also got that core message once. As it didn't come back then, I ignored it.

One request, is it possible it make the pattern lock screen bigger ?

Hmm I don't know in which APK the pattern lock is stored. Anyone knows? By modifying it, we could make it larger perhaps.

Again some hints if you should run into problems:
- If changing the microsd card, use the recovery partioning tool. I tried partitioning using gparted and linux, but that caused many FCs.
- To have a full fresh install, partion the sd card (all data on it will be lost), wipe data/factory rest, wipe dalvik-cache
- Then copy the rom over to the sd card again and flash it.

If you still encounter problems then, I am sorry for that. Maybe someone finds fixes for these problems.
Or stick with the original rom. But I bet you won't :(.
Or try mikes rom...!

Edited by gforums, 29 July 2010 - 09:34 AM.

vulpy

vulpy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:galaxy nexus/ tf700
I haven't used my mini over the last couple of weeks due to the miserable firmware T-Mobile, slugginess, lousyness. .. your rom brought it back to life, amazingly work bro' ! stable WiFi tethering made it shine. keep up your great work!

xdandroid

xdandroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8500, SE X10

adb remount
adb shell
rm /system/app/CustomAPKsHidden*

hmm but how do you get adb access (on Windows 7) to the pulse mini? it's not recognized by adb in windows... do i just have to install the windows drivers?

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
You must use the ADB drivers, that are on the mini's virtual CD drive. There's an setup.exe on the CD which installs the drivers.
As I had issues with the digital signature of the adb driver, I needed to start windows with deactivated driver signature check. That's done by pressing F8 while booting Windows7 and then choosing the equivalent option from the windows bootmenu.

that way you get adb access to the phone!

xdandroid

xdandroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

You must use the ADB drivers, that are on the mini's virtual CD drive. There's an setup.exe on the CD which installs the drivers.
As I had issues with the digital signature of the adb driver, I needed to start windows with deactivated driver signature check. That's done by pressing F8 while booting Windows7 and then choosing the equivalent option from the windows bootmenu.

that way you get adb access to the phone!

done... do i start it in fastboot mode then?

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
as long as you have usb debugging enabled, you should be able to use adb while your phone is switched on normally.
You can find adb-windows.exe also in one of the recovery-image install packages from Paul.

xdandroid

xdandroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

as long as you have usb debugging enabled, you should be able to use adb while your phone is switched on normally.
You can find adb-windows.exe also in one of the recovery-image install packages from Paul.

Mm yes i have flashed the recovery, and i flashed the custom rom in this thread and now get the continuous FC from CustomAPKsHidden (same as in the pictures above) from . So I can't even get to adb... right now i'm downloading the stock rom to try to reflash it. And no, stupid me didn't make a nandroid backup before flashing... :(

EDIT: i do have usb debugging enabled, but i get "error: device not found" from adb (both the standard one and the one from the custom recovery package). Strange, since I *was* able to flash the recovery image before...

Edited by xdandroid, 29 July 2010 - 03:34 PM.

gforums

gforums

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
I think flashing works over fastboot. I'm not sure whether adb works different.
Have you had a look at your windows device manager for a Android ADB device properly installed?

xdandroid

xdandroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I think flashing works over fastboot. I'm not sure whether adb works different.
Have you had a look at your windows device manager for a Android ADB device properly installed?

good question. it doesn't show up. i'll try a reboot...

EDIT: got the device (Android Sooner Single ADB Interface) in the device manager.. but still no adb access. Running adb from the recovery package as root / admin (in a cmd window)

still get "error: device not found"....

Edited by xdandroid, 29 July 2010 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users