23673 and i920

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

I am not the greatest at this, but I am trying to learn as I go.

I just downloaded 23673, inserted it into the stock rom for i920. I managed to do it at about 12:30 am so I didn't have time to test it, but I am getting numerous problems when trying to install cabs. not digitally signed. is that a normal thing considering i am using stock and just adding the new winmo to sys and rom folders.??

also, no internet. i pick up the 3g signal, but i cannot connect (no, manual entry doesn't work either).

and finally, everytime i do a rom now, the mainmenu exe always seems to be red, with no icons in it...???

and sometimes when i add icons, and go back, they disappear.

luckily this last time i got them to stick, but is anyone else having these problems? or is just with the newer windows? 23673 and 21911?

also, when adding new winmo to the kitchen? are there any rules when cleaning out the duplicate files? i usually go with the newer files and remove the older, but this time with this build, i had some duplicates in oemdrivers. i used the new ones in winmo because they are obviously newer. what is the method to use these new drivers? put them in oemdrivers? or just delete the ones from oemdrivers and use the new ones? ... the latter is what led me to these problems more than likely.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest amdzero
I am not the greatest at this, but I am trying to learn as I go.

I just downloaded 23673, inserted it into the stock rom for i920. I managed to do it at about 12:30 am so I didn't have time to test it, but I am getting numerous problems when trying to install cabs. not digitally signed. is that a normal thing considering i am using stock and just adding the new winmo to sys and rom folders.??

also, no internet. i pick up the 3g signal, but i cannot connect (no, manual entry doesn't work either).

and finally, everytime i do a rom now, the mainmenu exe always seems to be red, with no icons in it...???

and sometimes when i add icons, and go back, they disappear.

luckily this last time i got them to stick, but is anyone else having these problems? or is just with the newer windows? 23673 and 21911?

also, when adding new winmo to the kitchen? are there any rules when cleaning out the duplicate files? i usually go with the newer files and remove the older, but this time with this build, i had some duplicates in oemdrivers. i used the new ones in winmo because they are obviously newer. what is the method to use these new drivers? put them in oemdrivers? or just delete the ones from oemdrivers and use the new ones? ... the latter is what led me to these problems more than likely.

X

The 236XX line is for LG devices only. Try 21911, or 23569.