I9000XWJM1 is now online

Guest hihihehe

Guest Machpants
@Jamice902: Just reflash the firmware using pit 0512 and checking Repartition, then everything will be fine.

@Asteridax: Please remove this full quote!

@Daniel L: Facebook S! is also gone in other versions of Firmware (at least also in JG5) and it seems like they removed it from their store. Still got the apk here, so when I got the time I will upload it for you!

Do you 100% have to re-partition, can I get away with out doing it?

Guest iLiquid

This version is super smooth and I didn't install mimocan lag-fix.

It seems that when samsung officially release a new firmware it will be completely lag-free and the system will be more robust.

Guest DraXkor

As already posted on xda:

Y not checking it? Nevertheless u will loose your settings by flashing a new firmware, but there are tools like Titanium Backup or MyBackup to restore ...

If someone (like iLiquid) used the wrong pit and didn't need to check repartition he alreay had partitioned it before in the right way (like for JG5 i.e.) I'm not sure in which way stock rom is partitioned.

Guest Machpants
I flashed mine using pit 513 and without re-partition.

From what? On another forum a member has said if you are stock or pre jg5 (like me) a re-part is required and 512.

BTW even if a re-part is not used do you still lose all your settings? apps?

Guest DraXkor

As u can see by the name it was me :(

I corrected it for the moment as I'm not 100% sure bout the stock rom, but afaik flashing the first roms u needed the 513 pit but some people also had succes w/o repationining.

But to repeat myself: You will lose any setting/app ANYWAY, doesn't matter if repartitioning or not, if you're not using a backup tool! Repartition just affects the system partitions, so your data on internal disk isn't touched, but everything else well be gone.

That's fact ... believe me or not ... I won't say it again and everyone else that knows a bit bout this stuff will tell u the same ...

Guest Machpants
As u can see by the name it was me :(

I corrected it for the moment as I'm not 100% sure bout the stock rom, but afaik flashing the first roms u needed the 513 pit but some people also had succes w/o repationining.

But to repeat myself: You will lose any setting/app ANYWAY, doesn't matter if repartitioning or not, if you're not using a backup tool! Repartition just affects the system partitions, so your data on internal disk isn't touched, but everything else well be gone.

That's fact ... believe me or not ... I won't say it again and everyone else that knows a bit bout this stuff will tell u the same ...

Oh I wasn't disbelieving you, it is just that in the guide here (http://hemorrdroids.net/?p=637) it mentions "Select ‘re-partition’ only if you want to wipe and start fresh." So I was confused and was asking for confirmation.

BTW you post re-iterating it appeared while I was writing mine, no insult intended.

Guest DraXkor

Ok, no problem. Now I also understand where you got this idea from. Yes, in case u just use the speed fix, repartition would reset everything while not checking it keeps all your data cause just the kernel of the phone will be updated, not the whole firmware.

But u need the pit file (even when not repartitioning) to give Odin the information how your device is partitioned where to find everything.

Edited by DraXkor

Guest Machpants
Ok, no problem. Now I also understand where you got this idea from. Yes, in case u just use the speed fix, repartition would reset everything while not checking it keeps all you data cause just the kernel of the phone will be update, not the whole firmware.

But u need the pit file (even when not repartitioning) to give Odin the information how your device is partitioned where to find everything.

Thanks, I now get it.

I just did the speed fix on the stock ROM (a nice little first bit of android hacking for me) to see how it goes :(

OK speed seems the same (with a good SD card) how can I check the speed fix worked?

Edited by Machpants

Guest DraXkor

Easeast way should be using Quadrant Benchmark and check your score.

Did u use the ext3 Speed Fix? In case I would recommend you to remove it again and to use the ext4 one, which is much faster! (at least if judging by the Quadrant score)

While using the phone it's hard too say because people seem to have differences in speed using it in stock state so maybe you don't recognise if it also was really fast before.

Guest Machpants
Easeast way should be using Quadrant Benchmark and check your score.

Did u use the ext3 Speed Fix? In case I would recommend you to remove it again and to use the ext4 one, which is much faster! (at least if judging by the Quadrant score)

While using the phone it's hard too say because people seem to have differences in speed using it in stock state so maybe you don't recognise if it also was really fast before.

I did the ext 4 fix and the Quad score is NOW 1650, first time post fix it was around 900 sweet :(

MP

EDIT: and man it makes a difference! speedy speedy speedy, I hope it stays that way, almost instant app opening.. mmmm class 10 :(

Edited by Machpants

Guest DraXkor

For me its also a really big difference but as you asked it seemed that you can't feel any and there are people out that seem to have no lags :(

Btw with JG5 or the JM1 score goes up to around 1700-1800, would be interesting what ur card could get :(

i've jg5 and applied mimocan's kernel fix. can someone clarify how do i flash a new firmware?

1) do i need to reverse mimocan's fix (ie reverse the links back to data/data)?

2) flash new firmware. and what is the difference between partitioning/not partioning. will either method overwrite mimocan's kernel?

3) re-apply the links to the external sd card?

are the above steps correct?

thanks!

Guest Machpants
For me its also a really big difference but as you asked it seemed that you can't feel any and there are people out that seem to have no lags :(

Btw with JG5 or the JM1 score goes up to around 1700-1800, would be interesting what ur card could get :(

Well that is the next big step, I guess.

Which would be flash JG5/JM1, reinstall lag-fix and then reinstall every thing else! TBH I am happy with the speed as is, but maybe I will want to play with it anyway.

Guest DraXkor

@hacq: No reverse needed, new firmware overwrites the kernel and settings of the speed fix. After flashing just install the fix as before (I would recommend to format the ext4 partition again to have a clean one)

@Machpants: Of course its not absolutely necessary when you already got the speed fix but with JM1 there came some nice goodies and as told it's faster than JF3 as well :(

@hacq: No reverse needed, new firmware overwrites the kernel and settings of the speed fix. After flashing just install the fix as before (I would recommend to format the ext4 partition again to have a clean one)

thanks. but does both partitioning/not partitioning under Odin overwrites the kernel and settings? does it matters which one I choose?

Guest DraXkor
thanks. but does both partitioning/not partitioning under Odin overwrites the kernel and settings? does it matters which one I choose?

No, doesn't matter, flashing a firmware overwrites everything anyway

Guest Daniel L
I have tried it and I need help. I used odin 13 and have tried with and without repartition

When the phone reboots it states

E:cant mount /dev/block/stl10

(invalid argument)

E:copy_dbdata_media:cant mount DBDATA:

copy default media content failed

I get 4 options - reboot - it goes through the motions and then goes to a black screen and then nothing

I have tried the other options all with the same result

Any ideas

after my second firmware flash i choosed the option 3 & 4 to wipe everything... reboot and did the flash again.. then it works..

Edited by Daniel L

Guest FerdiBorbon

LOVE this firmware... feels super fast with Mimo SD fix,

plus extra settings to certain apps ... and finally Internet Browser brightness has been fixed at full :(

highly recommended!!

Edit: only thing i dont like is the "sweep glass to unlock" is on all the time now with arrows... looks dodgy

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest Kilack
LOVE this firmware... feels super fast with Mimo SD fix,

plus extra settings to certain apps ... and finally Internet Browser brightness has been fixed at full :(

highly recommended!!

Edit: only thing i dont like is the "sweep glass to unlock" is on all the time now with arrows... looks dodgy

Sorry what do you mean is on all the time?

and is facebook still in this?

edit: also.. what kind of extra settings? can you give some examples? still undecided on whether i can be bothered flashing again or not.. sick of setting all the apps up each time hehe...

have my phone running pretty nicely now..but a lot are saying there is a nice speed increase with this version, even some of the big moaners on xda about the speed of the galaxy s... so it must be good...

A lot of people still thinking it hasnt improved the gps though, they say it improves the first locks but it still jumps all over the place later on.... like standing on one spot, it will jump all over the map randomly.. i assume that is as it loses locks on satellites and grabs others etc.. a bit worrying...

Edited by Kilack

Guest M4rk0

Hi all,

i have flashed my galaxy s with this firmware but i notice i can't let the browser run flash light(i already flagged option->plug-in in the browser). Do u have the same problem? how to solve it?

Edited by M4rk0

Guest Kilack

I notice a lot of people on xda mentioning that after flashing this rom their battery levels are not being reported correctly and they have to reset their battery stats.

Anyone else noticed this here? no remove charger message etc when battery hits 100%?

Guest mickeko
I notice a lot of people on xda mentioning that after flashing this rom their battery levels are not being reported correctly and they have to reset their battery stats.

Anyone else noticed this here? no remove charger message etc when battery hits 100%?

I would assume that as with flashing pretty much anything that has a firmware, it's advisable to do it with the battery fully charged. I have no clue if this is the cause of the problems here though as I don't intend to do it "the wrong way" just to test my point. :(

Edited by mickeko

Guest Kilack
I would assume that as with flashing pretty much anything that has a firmware, it's advisable to do it with the battery fully charged. I have no clue if this is the cause of the problems here though as I don't intend to do it "the wrong way" just to test my point. :(

ahhh didnt realise it was best to do when 100%, will note that down :(.

Guest iLiquid
From what? On another forum a member has said if you are stock or pre jg5 (like me) a re-part is required and 512.

BTW even if a re-part is not used do you still lose all your settings? apps?

From JG5. And yes, I used 512 and applied re-partition when I flashed that version.

You will loose all the settings.

Edited by iLiquid