Fixed - locked out after too many pattern attempts

Guest deekarma

Guest deekarma

Was experimenting to see what happens when I lose my phone and some lucky punter tries to guess my pattern, and now I am locked out!

Seems like a known bug where if you say you have forgotten the pattern, the phone asks you for your google user id and password and just keeps rejecting your input.

Only thing that solves the problem is a hard feckin reset losing all my stuff.

Question for you guys is - can I backup the data on the phone before doing a hard reset? The phone is rooted....

Edited by deekarma

Guest deekarma

After an hour of getting really peaved, stumbled upon a post here:

Lovely Post

Turns out the wee bugger didn't know my password and accepted "null" as the password.

This should prove handy to all data/mobile thieves.

Guest Eric.Druse
Was experimenting to see what happens when I lose my phone and some lucky punter tries to guess my pattern, and now I am locked out!

Seems like a known bug where if you say you have forgotten the pattern, the phone asks you for your google user id and password and just keeps rejecting your input.

Only thing that solves the problem is a hard feckin reset losing all my stuff.

Question for you guys is - can I backup the data on the phone before doing a hard reset? The phone is rooted....

Really, My son tried too much times for the pattern attempts, It's locked then. And I input my google account which I registered to open the google market, streak was unlocked.

So, it works with google account to unlock it.

Guest deekarma

Yeah, it seems to work for some, but not for all. Can't think why.

All I know is that it ddin't work for me and I had to search for ages to find out that I needed to use the password "null" to get in. Maybe it's because my password includes a special character or something.