[ROM] AOSP/CM6 for liquid (new Aug 10)

Guest koudelka

Guest gengaro86
ok I got Ubuntu on a VM...I'm going to start messing arround but I just want to know what is the best software used to edit/compile ?

VI for editing, gcc for compiling.

Guest koudelka

Uploaded a new build now, and added some missing config files, so now you can change volume when screen is off :) (Tip: you can also change the song when the screen is off, by holding down the volume up/down button to move forward/backward)

Guest simoneser

Great! What about this?

Camera is being actively worked on all the time, the problem is we cant just use our drivers from 2.1 since there has been some changes how camera stuff works with 2.2. Phh is working on reverse engineering some of the libs that are breaking. Cyanogen and his team is also having this problem since some of the phone they support only got 2.1 libs too. They are also working on a fix (looks like it is done from reading his twitter, just waiting for the release). Hopefully their fix will also work for us, or at least help us get closer to having a working camera

Guest koudelka
Great! What about this?

well, still haven't got any of the cyanogenmod fixes to work. Phh has gone a little more in his work, he has managed to get a picture but it is dissorted mostly black with some red colors (but you can see some shapes! :))

Guest akira.pwr

Downloading new version :)

OT: Please Simoneser, can't you do a theme pack for this nice rom? It can work with XianKoud rom too. Thanks :D

END OT

Guest akira.pwr

@koudelka Did you find the problem with geolocation (I think it's this the problem) in some weather apps? Beautiful widgets crash, fancy widgets don't show weather and temperature (beautiful widgets too).

I remember the v3 versions it works, or at least I did'n noticed it don't worked.

Guest akira.pwr
Geolocation problem does not seem to be fixed for me. Genie widget still doesn't find me :)

Mmmm... Too bad, I hope koudelka, phhusson or someone else will fix this issue, did you tried v3 version of this rom?

Guest CedricGatay

Yes and it does not work well for me, AFAIK none of AOSP builds had gsm cell positionning working (at least for me).

I've dig in the code yesterday, I don't see where it can fail :)

Guest Ramdanih
Mmmm... Too bad, I hope koudelka, phhusson or someone else will fix this issue, did you tried v3 version of this rom?

I agree with you ..

developers must unite to create a powerfull ROM.. :)