Installing app's not on the Market using AppBrain

Guest Danh2122

Guest Danh2122

Hi all, The pulse is great (Kindda) but it's annoying when a really good app isn't on the Market.

Well using AppBrain, You can install apps to your phone anywhere you have internet. You can even install from your pc.

Heres How

1) Visit the android market and Search "Fast Web".

2) Install the AppBrain and Fast Web Installer

scaled.php?tn=0&server=299&filename=kub.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

3) Once They're both Installed, Open "Fast Web Installer" First, and follow the onscreen instructions.

4) Once complete, Open "AppBrain" and choose "Manage my Apps"

5) Let it load, and choose the sign in button in the top corner.

6) Now sign in using your Google Account (The one you use for the Android Market, Youtibe, Gmail...)

scaled.php?tn=0&server=52&filename=wu6.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

7) Once all your apps have Synced, Open www.appbrain.com in your browser (PC or PHONE)

Note don't search for apps directly from the AppBrain App, It will not work properly

scaled.php?tn=0&server=405&filename=p65.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

8) Sign in using Google.

9) Search for whatever apps you like.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=341&filename=p7y.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

10) On the App page choose Install

scaled.php?tn=0&server=168&filename=2w2.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

That's It! They'll download almost instantly to your Phone.

Try Google Goggles... you'll like it!

Update: For those Wondering. App's not avalible on the android market on the pulse mini, won't come up on the android market.

The reason why AppBrain let's you install Apps not avalible on the Pulse's Market is because appbrain doesn't use a Fingerprint, whereas all android devices do. The Fingerprint limit's what a device can and can't run and takes some apps of the market for that device.Therefore all apps appear on AppBrain's market and can be installed from appbrains web interface!

Edited by Danh2122

Guest Gjole86

yeah about that, can u find ringdroid or any other ring-tone manager app? i see them on PC but when trying to install on phone it says not found

Guest Danh2122
yeah about that, can u find ringdroid or any other ring-tone manager app? i see them on PC but when trying to install on phone it says not found

I see what you mean. If you install it from your pc or phones browser by going to www.appbrain.com it'll download with the phone it's linked to, but browsing apps, from Appbrain app itself doesn't work as it views the App's Android Market page.

But install it from the browser works fine....

I'll upload a few images of it soon to show you.

Guest Danh2122

I've updated the Instructions to includ installing apps so there you go :(

Guest tymchn

Will apps installed this way stay updated? I just wonder if I will have to check the website for new versions and manually update or will they become manageable through the Android Market?

Just being lazy :(

Guest Danh2122
Will apps installed this way stay updated? I just wonder if I will have to check the website for new versions and manually update or will they become manageable through the Android Market?

Just being lazy :(

Annoyingly no. A good way to deal with this is check for updates every month.

I wish they did stay updated but no. :(

And you cant manage them via android market otherwise you'll get this.... Sorry

scaled.php?tn=0&server=33&filename=yny.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

Edited by Danh2122

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest fredl99
I wish they did stay updated but no. ;)

And you cant manage them via android market otherwise you'll get this.... Sorry

scaled.php?tn=0&server=33&filename=yny.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

That's exactly what I get when I'm trying to install something I'm obviously not supposed to install. Market says "object not found"...

And yes, I downgraded Market to factory version in order to even fire up AppBrain (or was that FastWebInstaller, don't remember which)

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Fredl.

--

edit: ok, had to "enable fast web install" in AppBrain's settings.

Sorry for exposing my stupidity in my very first posting :(

Edited by fredl99

• 2 months later...
Hi all, The pulse is great (Kindda) but it's annoying when a really good app isn't on the Market.

Well using AppBrain, You can install apps to your phone anywhere you have internet. You can even install from your pc.

Heres How

1) Visit the android market and Search "Fast Web".

2) Install the AppBrain and Fast Web Installer

scaled.php?tn=0&server=299&filename=kub.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

3) Once They're both Installed, Open "Fast Web Installer" First, and follow the onscreen instructions.

4) Once complete, Open "AppBrain" and choose "Manage my Apps"

5) Let it load, and choose the sign in button in the top corner.

6) Now sign in using your Google Account (The one you use for the Android Market, Youtibe, Gmail...)

scaled.php?tn=0&server=52&filename=wu6.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

7) Once all your apps have Synced, Open www.appbrain.com in your browser (PC or PHONE)

Note don't search for apps directly from the AppBrain App, It will not work properly

scaled.php?tn=0&server=405&filename=p65.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

8) Sign in using Google.

9) Search for whatever apps you like.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=341&filename=p7y.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

10) On the App page choose Install

scaled.php?tn=0&server=168&filename=2w2.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

That's It! They'll download almost instantly to your Phone.

Try Google Goggles... you'll like it!

Update: For those Wondering. App's not avalible on the android market on the pulse mini, won't come up on the android market.

The reason why AppBrain let's you install Apps not avalible on the Pulse's Market is because appbrain doesn't use a Fingerprint, whereas all android devices do. The Fingerprint limit's what a device can and can't run and takes some apps of the market for that device.Therefore all apps appear on AppBrain's market and can be installed from appbrains web interface!

Hi, i know this is a bit old now, but i can't get this to work, I have downloaded fast web installer and the app brain market, when i press install on the website, it won't download on my phone I have tried and tried and tried, it just won't install, but i do have the pulse mini, is this compatible aswell?

Guest Danh2122
Hi, i know this is a bit old now, but i can't get this to work, I have downloaded fast web installer and the app brain market, when i press install on the website, it won't download on my phone I have tried and tried and tried, it just won't install, but i do have the pulse mini, is this compatible aswell?

Have you followed all the steps? If that doesn't work try re-installing both apps.

• 1 month later...
Guest magiccoupons

doesn't work, must've enabled fast web installer a hundreds of times, and used installation from the app with syncing, but nothing

nothing's installing at all

what ROM are you using?

are you using the default Pulse Mini ROM?

atm I'm using the Fresh Zodiac Fruit Rom, found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ate&page=81

so could that be the problem? thing is it shows me the install permissions menu before I install apps from the website and during sync in the app but nothing

edit: oh wait it's fine now

edit again:

okay it's only fine for apps that can be installed on my phone off the market, for apps that normally couldn't be installed such as Firefox and Skyfire it does nothing : (

Edited by magiccoupons

Guest stratosWRC

I am using this method to install official WRC app onto a HTC Wildfire. Have tried via phone and pc but once I click install it doesn't seem to do anything. Have used appbrain for other apps and works fine. Anything else I can try?