Removing unneeded things from 2.1

Guest gusthy

Guest gusthy
Even with those hacks I still can't manage to run Nimbuzz and Browser at same time...nimbuzz just kept killing.

I don't have AutoKiller though but Darktremor a2sd it is set to optimum.

Using FLB 1.2... they are removed buy default.

I didnt know that fibble did this hack in 1.2 :) nice to know that.

I dont use browser, with this things removed and set autokiller to values mentioned before, Nimbuzz and Opera works happily together, also AEP reader keeps in memory :D

it doesnt seem that FLB contains this tweak, indeed

Edited by gusthy

Guest Simon O
I didnt know that fibble did this hack in 1.2 :) nice to know that.

I dont use browser, with this things removed and set autokiller to values mentioned before, Nimbuzz and Opera works happily together, also AEP reader keeps in memory :D

it doesnt seem that FLB contains this tweak, indeed

I forgot to add memory tweaks to 1.2 and I didn't remove any of the files mentioned in this thread. I found that it broke Twitter contact syncing.

Guest gusthy
I forgot to add memory tweaks to 1.2 and I didn't remove any of the files mentioned in this thread. I found that it broke Twitter contact syncing.

oh, thx for the report. I will sort out which sync is responsible for that and mention it in the 1st page if I get back my pulse.

Guest Simon O
oh, thx for the report. I will sort out which sync is responsible for that and mention it in the 1st page if I get back my pulse.

I dont know exactly which file but when I removed them and set up twitter it caused an acore fc when selecting to sync contacts.

Guest gusthy
I dont know exactly which file but when I removed them and set up twitter it caused an acore fc when selecting to sync contacts.

Sure, I see. Personally I don't mind it, since I don't use twitter contact sync, but it may be interesting for some users, therefore it is practical to see the responsible service.

Guest peelie
maybe you forgot the "/"?

hi

okay managed to execute mount remount command but now when trying to rename file says it is read only file?

cheers

Guest gusthy
hi

okay managed to execute mount remount command but now when trying to rename file says it is read only file?

cheers

hmmm, that mount command makes it possible to rename.

check the following things:

you are superuser (sou ran the su command)

you added the rw option to mount

the exact commands e.g. for syncobex is:

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

cd /system

mv syncobex syncobex.save

killall syncobex

and you repeat the last two commands replacing syncobex with all the files you want to eliminate. Maybe for some files killall will report an error, if that given file doesnt run at the moment, you dont have to deal with it.

Guest peelie
hmmm, that mount command makes it possible to rename.

check the following things:

you are superuser (sou ran the su command)

you added the rw option to mount

the exact commands e.g. for syncobex is:

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

cd /system

mv syncobex syncobex.save

killall syncobex

and you repeat the last two commands replacing syncobex with all the files you want to eliminate. Maybe for some files killall will report an error, if that given file doesnt run at the moment, you dont have to deal with it.

hi

yep an in SU mode okay

but still giving me read only file message; btw was trying to rename port-bridge file. will have a nother go on different file

Guest meinnit

I've been following this thread with great interest! Is it possible to group all of the findings into one post (preferably first post) with the folowing info:

-Apps that are safe to remove (eg. syncobex)

-Effect of removing the app (eg. Loss of bluetooth)

-Any workaround to get it working without connecting to PC (if any)

Maybe we could write scripts to start the processes again if we need for example bluetooth, when we're on the move

Guest gusthy
I've been following this thread with great interest! Is it possible to group all of the findings into one post (preferably first post) with the folowing info:

-Apps that are safe to remove (eg. syncobex)

-Effect of removing the app (eg. Loss of bluetooth)

-Any workaround to get it working without connecting to PC (if any)

Maybe we could write scripts to start the processes again if we need for example bluetooth, when we're on the move

Thats what I tried, but since I do not use all the features of Pulse (as nobody uses everything), I didnt realize all the side effects, e.g. twitter sync break. Thats why test users are welcome - it is not too dangerous thing, a recovery update without wipe always restores things. (or you can manually reset files).

And yes. finally scripts can be added to make it easy to use.

Guest gusthy
hi

yep an in SU mode okay

but still giving me read only file message; btw was trying to rename port-bridge file. will have a nother go on different file

strange. it worked for me always. what rom you use?

Guest goce.nakov
Thats what I tried, but since I do not use all the features of Pulse (as nobody uses everything), I didnt realize all the side effects, e.g. twitter sync break. Thats why test users are welcome - it is not too dangerous thing, a recovery update without wipe always restores things. (or you can manually reset files).

And yes. finally scripts can be added to make it easy to use.

Does the only renaming them ex. syncobex.save thru RootExplorer and reboot the phone, do the trick or I need to run kill command in terminal so this hack to work?

Guest gusthy
Does the only renaming them ex. syncobex.save thru RootExplorer and reboot the phone, do the trick or I need to run kill command in terminal so this hack to work?

it will do the same: the kill is needed _after_ renaming and not before because service manager will try to restart after killing. So renaming and reboot is a good solution too.

Guest gusthy

it will do the same: the kill is needed _after_ renaming and not before because service manager will try to restart after killing. So renaming and reboot is a good solution too.

Guest Totyasrác
Hello!

Is possible to disable services such as GTalk?

thanks

I think if you disable that you'll lose gmail sync also... Wouldn't do that.

Guest Basher52

On the way to the fastest Rom, how can i activade jit? i knew that it is unstable, biti want the ultimate speed.

Secondly, couldn we make a init.rc or even a whole rom out of this project? Iam windows Freak, so my dev possibilities ate limitted, i cant split boot.img. But finding best place alfor apps, adding or deleting is no problem for me.

Keep on, Pulse must get faster. :)

Guest Ellia
I think if you disable that you'll lose gmail sync also... Wouldn't do that.

I think GTalk is responsible for the market login. You shouldn't remove it.

Guest meinnit

Ever since switching to the stock Android launcher my phone has been super fast! I posted something on the FLB thread about launchers but I didn't get any replies so it would probably be best suited here:

I'm curious about something. When I had FLB 1.0 I used LauncherPro and then ADW. Both of them showed 2 acore processes in process list. Now that I've switched to FLB 1.2 I'm using stock launcher and there is only 1 acore process using 24MB RAM.

I was wondering whether people that have LauncherPro or ADW, do you always get 2 acore processes? If thats the case then 1 process must belong to the launcher. I remember one process taking up approx 16MB which is quite a lot for a launcher.

Although the stock launcher isn't anywhere near as pretty as the other 2, I think you get an overall better experience with the phone.

Guest Basher52

I mentioned that all Launcher are just based in the normal one. So running two launchers is nessasary for using ADW or something like this.

But if course, your right, i dont need ADW and its slow too. Can you send me the stocker launcher or just tell me how to kick of ADW corrretly, i gate fc.

Guest meinnit
I mentioned that all Launcher are just based in the normal one. So running two launchers is nessasary for using ADW or something like this.

But if course, your right, i dont need ADW and its slow too. Can you send me the stocker launcher or just tell me how to kick of ADW corrretly, i gate fc.

So that's one more thing to add to the removal list....custom launchers!

I think you can only go back to stock launcher when you are flashing the ROM, not at any time, according to fib. Check the 2nd post in FLB ROM thread:

Extras (must be flashed through recovery):

Download: Huawei Dialer & Contacts (fix for 1.2 users with broken phone app) (3.78 MB)

Download: Huawei Launcher (1.52 MB)

Download: Stock Android Launcher (6.13 MB)

Download: ADW.Launcher 1.0.1 (478 KB)

Guest whackster
So that's one more thing to add to the removal list....custom launchers!

I think you can only go back to stock launcher when you are flashing the ROM, not at any time, according to fib. Check the 2nd post in FLB ROM thread:

Extras (must be flashed through recovery):

Download: Huawei Dialer & Contacts (fix for 1.2 users with broken phone app) (3.78 MB)

Download: Huawei Launcher (1.52 MB)

Download: Stock Android Launcher (6.13 MB)

Download: ADW.Launcher 1.0.1 (478 KB)

You can flash the updates anytime, just clear dalvik-cache afterwards.

Or you can unpack the zip and copy/paste the Launcer.apk in /system/app/

Or you can install them from market.

You choose :)