Omnians,

Here's another WP7-alike ROM I made today, I let the pictures talk :

sshot001.th.jpgsshot002j.th.jpgsshot003p.th.jpg

sshot004.th.jpgsshot005r.th.jpgsshot006v.th.jpg

sshot007.th.jpg

Details :

- Build 29020

- Removed : CHome/Titanium, Games, WMLive, WMWidget, Skymarket etc,

- Add : iPhone Today, ADC, Connecting Notifier (vibrate when the recipient pick up the phone), AutoDisconnectGPRS, Softreset-poweroff, Black Samsung stuff by Bgill, WM7 Metro Skin, Ock dialer skin, ftouchsl lite

- (almost) standard OEM package - this is the heaviest ROM I made so far :(

- I have fix MMS problem, but didn't test it since I don't use it. if it's not working, scroll down to find how to fix it.

- Transparent icons & support landscape orientation

- XPR Compression

Thanks to Yonn's for the kitchen, Bgill, Ock, Nick (WM7 skin), JCKOTZE & Jjollyroger from XDA for the iphone today mods, all the developers who provide all the packages & toosl I use to make this rom for free (and hence I should share it :( and of course DFT for 29020 builds.

As always, I oblige to warn you that flashing is risky & could brick your phone.

http://www.multiupload.com/9O7XHHQB5J - bin for Vista/7

http://www.multiupload.com/34KI6C066S - executable for XP, not tested - I use Win7

PS : I don't know how to disable Today's default items (Date, Messaging, Calendar) when cooking yet, so you need to untick those item from Start>Setting>Home>Item to get the look on screenshot above. If anyone can inform me how, and also how to make the taskbar & softkeybar transparent, pls pm me.

-----------------------------

17 Feb 2011

UPDATE : The WM builds 23699 & 21686 I got from my source have some problems, so please don't use them at the moment. Really sorry about this.

I have made another similar ROM using WM 28244 build (link on page 5) and I hope this build is problem-free. I'll move it to the frontpage if it tested OK.

17 Feb 2011 - After a week, I find that 23699 is a bit unstable for my needs especially the 3G & Bluetooth services. If you experience some problem with this ROM, pls accept my apology. I have update the ROM with 21686 build and add some 'black' favor on keyboard, camera, fm radio and add black omnia favorite settings. No Omnia black Volume control Knob, since it will be redundant with fave settings. Thanks to bgill55 who provide them. Everything else is the same as previous 23699 rom.

UPDATE : This 21686 Build has Contacts Problem (can add but can't edit contact)

Here it is : http://www.multiupload.com/MGPKEBEKYI

Keep in mind that flashing is risky and may brick your phone.

Btw, I set the pagepool = 16MB for better performance. If you think this is too much, you can use Executor to change it before flash it to your phone.

For Vista/7 user, please use executor to extract the pda bin file.

9 Feb 2011 - I made a pretty basic ROM 2 days ago :

sshot000f.th.jpgsshot001v.th.jpgsshot002a.th.jpg

sshot003t.th.jpgsshot004.th.jpg

Details :

- WM Build 23699 from DFT

- Andynear Green SMS Skin

- Android Lock by Ock - default lockscreen removed

- WP 7 Metro Today's theme by Nick

- XDA_UC by Ock as requested by some users

- Lite OEM Packages as my previous ROM

As always, I oblige to warn you that flashing is risky & could brick your phone.

Below is the download link :

BIN files (for Vista/7) - Adhip_I900_23699_BlackHost_bin.7z (54.03MB) : http://www.multiupload.com/V3KKN0Y6J4 THIS 23699 build has 3G problem.

Executable (XP) - Adhip_i900_23699_BlackHost_exe.7z (54.14MB) : http://www.multiupload.com/2083DKJ65U THIS 23699 build has 3G problem.

I haven't tested the Executable (created w/ Executor) since I use Win 7.

Please note that 1st boot after flash will take a bit of time and there will be error message from Host apps, after XDA-UC finished running the phone will restart again automatically. After restart, it will run faster and no error.

Thanks to Yonn, DFT, Ock, Nick, Andynear and many others who provide the material & how-to, since what I do is just stitch them together for my needs.

--------------------

21 Dec 2010

It's been a while I didn't make custom ROM due to hard disk crash. But last weekend when I slept over on my relatives house, he has kitchen and stuff on his Win Vista so I spent some 'limited time' creating custom ROM to update mine :P. Here's some screenshot :

sshot0001.jpgsshot000m.th.jpgsshot001w.th.jpgsshot002i.th.jpg

Memory above is after installing Opera, Touch weather, screen capture, image viewer, etc -

Details :

- Build 23150 (5 Dec 2010) - from DFT

- same installed apps as my previous ROM, but add IE & WMP

- i900 lsoma, kinetic scrolling etc - from Yonn's kitchen

- Dialer & WM7 (W7B_Premium) theme taken - from Ock's archive

- Using host 1.5 (the best WM7 home screen so far) - from ashiqiqbal (XDA) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=685928

To give you the WM7 feel, here's a video from ashiqiqbal :

Please give him any comment in the XDA link above so he can improve it.

However, since I have time constraint, there are minor glitch which I haven't sorted out. At first boot after flash :

- there will be error message from 'Host' application and need to execute the apps manually but for next boot/reset, it should load properly

- it use standard WM theme (classic blue),not the theme shown on pic above (W7B_Premium) although its included

Thank's to DFT, OndraSter, Yonn, Ock & Ashiqiqbal, etc since because of their hard work I can come up with this ROM. Also thanks for all those great chef - too many to mentioned.

Download :

- in bin format (for Vista/7) : http://www.multiupload.com/FR7KVC1SEW

- in exe (for WinXP) : http://www.multiupload.com/BJIVKGXPR7

NOTE : I haven't tested the executable since I no longer have XP.

WARNING : As always, do it on your own risk ! I won't responsible for your loss...

- removed -

hi adhip...

I'm using your rom and i'm loving it...

I only have one problem, everytime that I open a new text message or a missed call on the "host" menu appears a message error, which says "Program could not be launched".

but if I press "Ok" the message disappears and I can use the phone normally, nothing happens...

any solution to make the message box dissapear I apreciate...

- removed -

thanks in advance and keep the great work :P

Yes, I forgot to remind about this B) Seems that's a glitch from the host apps. Here's to fix it :

1. Do a long tap on the problematic square (ie SMS or Phone) then select "Edit" to go to menu setting

2. At top of this menu there's : "Tile Type" = Current. Change it into SMS, Phone, People, depend on where the problem has appeared (in your case SMS & Phone)

3. While in there, you could also edit the graphic if you want :D

4. Push Apply (at bottom right). It should be working now

Btw, I recommend to install Quickmenu or any task manager program which has feature for end all task but exclude the host apps. So we can close all program without closing host. I haven't put this apps (and Opera, touch weather, etc as shown on pic above) as not to bloat the rom & give lots of free space to choose their fave apps themselves.

-----------------------------

24 Sept 2010 - WM 28238 M2D lite ROM

Actually I'm happy w/ my 23569 Clean ROM below, but when I found out that master Ock released his kitchen, so I thought : why not making an M2D ROM from Yonn's kitchen + Ock's EXT Packages ? And here's the result :D

238238home.th.pngmemorym.th.pngpeoplez.th.png

Note :

- Memory above is after I add Samsung Omnia Keyboard, actually the free Storage Memory > 170 MB

- This is XP Updater, if you use Vista/Win 7, there's thread on how to convert this ROM and flash it on Vista/Win 7.

What's in there :

- basically this ROM use the same OEM Packages w/ my Clean ROM below, but w/ additional Camera & FM Radio and add M2D on top of it

- kinetic scrolling

- using i900 lsoma so some Omnia LITE apps will not work

- Rugal's dialer, Theme & M2D skin (GTX/GFX)

- Classic WM lock/Unlock - the Wm 6.5 lockscreen consume more space and it easier for me to unlock by push button instead of slide it.

- Pagepool = 6 MB (can be modified up to 12 MB : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1374424 )

- Compatible with most of Sinan's 6.5 apps CAB extracted from Omnia (not tested them all)

- Threaded email just like 235XX ROM

What's NOT in there :

- Windows : IE, NET CF, Themes, Media Files, Bluetooth HID etc (A2DP supported but I don't use it)

- M2D : HTC Geoservice (I don't use it), HTC AudioMgr (not working on Yonn's Kitchen for some reason, beside I prefer WMP since it takes less space), graphics, etc

- Omnia : TVOut Viewer, Voice Command, Video Editor, JBlend. GMaps, Google location svc, keyboard, etc

- no XDA_UC

- No MMS (I don't use it)

Just like my previous ROM below, this is a 'Personal ROM' means that I made this ROM to suit my needs. Perhaps it's suit yours too :D

Here's the link :

>>>>>>> http://www.multiupload.com/VQCX88TN9R <<<<<<<<

Thanks to : DFT, Yonn, Ock, Pako, Rugal, OndraSter, Sinan & other great Chefs & Contributors

Last, just to remind you again : DO/FLASH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!. I WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOST !!!

You've been warned.

---------------------------------------------

July 28, 2010 - WM 23569 Clean ROM

I've been using custom ROMs since I own i900, now it's time to share my own ROM - created using Yonn's Kitchen in this thread :http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/313234/yonn-kitchen-where-omnailite-roms-were-cooked-in/

The idea is to make the ROM as lite as possible while additional apps can be install later on as I (you) like/need - inspired by Sinan great work.

Thanks to Yonn, OndraSter, Sinan, Enrycko, Acrocosm, Ock and other great Chefs and contributors.

Here's my ROM.

***Though this ROM is in my Omnia for days without problem, please note : DO/FLASH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!. ***

http://rapidshare.com/files/409713943/Adhi...0_23569.7z.html

Memory Usage

sshot001.jpg

Add more link :

http://www.multiupload.com/XZ837JO3QC

Details :

- This is lite ROM, intended for experienced users.

- ROM above is in "Windows XP Updater executable" format

- Windows : IE, NET CF, WMP, Themes, Media Files, Bluetooth HID etc removed (A2DP supported but I don't use it)

- Omnia : FM Radio, TVOut, Camera, Voice Command, Video Editor etc removed

- kinetic scrolling

- using i900 lsoma so some Omnia LITE apps will not work

- Fingermouse problem still there

- no XDA_UC - sorry - I don't add lots of extra apps, just camera, keyboard & browser :D

- Compatible with most of Sinan's 6.5 apps CAB extracted from Omnia (not tested them all)

If you want more apps add to the ROM - well, sorry mate, perhaps this ROM is not for you.

Sinan's Camera CAB attached but others CAB can be downloaded from Sinan's archive here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4ff25d...be6ba49b5870170

or from Yonn's Omnia lite thread here (NOT all apps work with i900 lsoma) :

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1311230

Since I don't use MMS, here's how to activate MMS (courtesy of leebates1986) : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1424183

BTW, my internet connection is quite slow so I might not respond asap to your comment/question.

Last, just to remind you again : DO/FLASH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!. I WILL NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LOST !!!

Samsung_i900_DXID1_Camera.cab

Edited by adhip

Guest PauloKP69

ROM flashed, now testing :-)

Edit: Tested and it's good :-) I can install only things, that i want install :-) No other crap :-) Thanks a lot :(

Edited by PauloKP69

Guest andrew.mazlim

Is not bad that build, but I like better the 23563 I'm using, also an "UltraLite" one, with almost everything "gone" - and kinetic motion in EVERY menu, everywhere. Try it...

Guest dayspring2099us
Is not bad that build, but I like better the 23563 I'm using, also an "UltraLite" one, with almost everything "gone" - and kinetic motion in EVERY menu, everywhere. Try it...

I guess you put a wrong post here Andrew, this guy posting his hard work and then you asked him to try someone else rom??? please try to respect people work's not only put a waste comments in order to get your higher posting level.

Guest kumachaser

I like to try your rom,but the link show"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.This limit is reached."

So,will you put the file again or put other url.

Thanks!

Guest bigfoune

thank you for your job adhip :(

but rapidshare link is dead. can you put another link? thx

Edited by bigfoune

Guest adhip

Uh.... sorry about the link, I have revised it and will add non-rapidshare link but later on, I have slow internet connection here :P

@PauloKP69 - hope you like it :(

@andrew.mazlim - yes Ock creates great ROM and he's in my thanking list :( . However, my intention is to make a 'clean' ROM - sort of continuing Sinan's work, close to stock ROM and have free memory as possible.

Edit : add more link on the 1st post.

Edited by adhip

Guest koppa

congratulations adhip. I will try

-- Edit :

Pako777's modded camera cab does not create shortcut. Which version pako777 cab does create shortcut? Do you have a link? (sorry english)

Edited by koppa

Guest Adaho0
...yes Ock creates great ROM and he's in my thanking list :( . However, my intention is to make a 'clean' ROM - sort of continuing Sinan's work, close to stock ROM and have free memory as possible.

Adhip - but there is no problem to add FTouchSL to your rom:) even if you not use Yonn's osKitchen:) just add ftouchsl driver and you have kinetic scroll everywhere :(

Now your rom have 99/100 points in my personal scale:) with ftouchsl maybe 105/100 :P

Thanks for your hard work :P so keep it up!

Adaho0

Edited by Adaho0

Guest rodrigo.cbg

Wich omnia lite programs won't be functionally in your rom? It's quite important to me to taste your meal :( . Congratulations! I was expecting someone doing the same as Sinan did. Keep it up chef!

Guest adhip
congratulations adhip. I will try

-- Edit :

Pako777's modded camera cab does not create shortcut. Which version pako777 cab does create shortcut? Do you have a link? (sorry english)

Have you tried the Camera DX1D cab I attached in my 1st post?

AFAIK, Pako777's modded camera Cab is only camera driver, you still need the Camera apps.

Guest adhip
Adhip - but there is no problem to add FTouchSL to your rom:) even if you not use Yonn's osKitchen:) just add ftouchsl driver and you have kinetic scroll everywhere :)

Now your rom have 99/100 points in my personal scale:) with ftouchsl maybe 105/100 :D

Thanks for your hard work :D so keep it up!

Adaho0

I did put FtouchSL lite to this ROM but not the whole apps :P

Forgot to state this on my 1st post. Thanks for reminding me..

Guest adhip
Wich omnia lite programs won't be functionally in your rom? It's quite important to me to taste your meal :) . Congratulations! I was expecting someone doing the same as Sinan did. Keep it up chef!

Opera, Jinbox, Widget, Omnia Settings....sorry, haven't tried all of them...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amitsharma.atc
I guess you put a wrong post here Andrew, this guy posting his hard work and then you asked him to try someone else rom??? please try to respect people work's not only put a waste comments in order to get your higher posting level.

+1

i also want to say somthing...

Buddy... it dosen't metter how much post you hv.... whats matter here is only how much you help others and appreciate their works...

plz dont take it in wrong way

(sorry for my bad english)

Edited by amitsharma.atc

• 1 month later...
184 MB free :lol: Great to see someone continuing excellent Sinan's work :)

Wow, master Ock is here ! :(, now I'm adding EXT's from your kitchen to my new ROM.

Thanks for sharing your kitchen & tips !

@ Lunchbox77 - it's standard icon, my aim is to make lite ROM, big icon takes bigger bytes, I'll add start menu screenshot later. I'm in a hurry right now :lol:

@ andrew.mazlim, I made Black M2DV2 lite (no S2U2) before but it's about 4 mb bigger than this one. Try this one 1st, if you don't like it, u can always change the M2D skin & add S2U2 later on B)

@mureta; thanks ! You made very good ROMs your self!

However, for those who has test this ROM, is it just me or actually 28238 has better video driver? Cause when I play my videos, they look a bit different (better contrast & more crisp).

Rgds,

Adhip