103 replies to this topic

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SGH i-900

184 MB free :lol: Great to see someone continuing excellent Sinan's work :)

Wow, master Ock is here ! :(, now I'm adding EXT's from your kitchen to my new ROM.
Thanks for sharing your kitchen & tips !

Lunchbox77

Lunchbox77

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Devices:i900
your rom has big icons? :lol: any startmenu screenshot? :)

andrew.mazlim

andrew.mazlim

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Interests:Footie, rock music, books, films.
  • Devices:T-Mobile USA HTC HD2 Leo
adhip mate, I hope you gonna cook a rom as much as "Lite", but with M2Dv2/S2U2 and BLACK themes, bro.
I'm very interesting to test your work!

Posted Image

T-Mobile USA .HTC HD2 Leo
________________________________________________________________________________

Firmware: NRGZ28's "ENERGY-Dinik" Build: 29020
Radio:..........2.15.50.14

My "OMNIA i900 GOODS/TWEAKS/TOOLS/APPs" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...ilitiesvisuals/
My "OMNIA i900 M2D/S2U2 Ultimate England Theme" thread:
http://www.modaco.co...artup-m2d-s2u2/

mureta

mureta

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Interests:Mobile Technology
  • Devices:SGN7000
Hey Adhip !

as always showing their good work and effort. congratulations !

mureta.

Posted Image

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
@ Lunchbox77 - it's standard icon, my aim is to make lite ROM, big icon takes bigger bytes, I'll add start menu screenshot later. I'm in a hurry right now :lol:

@ andrew.mazlim, I made Black M2DV2 lite (no S2U2) before but it's about 4 mb bigger than this one. Try this one 1st, if you don't like it, u can always change the M2D skin & add S2U2 later on B)

@mureta; thanks ! You made very good ROMs your self!

However, for those who has test this ROM, is it just me or actually 28238 has better video driver? Cause when I play my videos, they look a bit different (better contrast & more crisp).

Rgds,
Adhip

volkan80

volkan80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 Оmnia 16GB
Hi adhip
very nice job, but I have a few questions.
How can I activate MMS? That option is missing in the settings for messages.
Еverything else is perfect
Sorry for my bad English (google translator)

Rebels

Rebels

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • Devices:SHG i900 Omnia
nice to c a lite gtx m2dv2 thnx for that but mate home weather doesn't work....keep it up:)

Posted Image  

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
@volkan80, sorry I don't use MMS, I hope other Modaco users who use MMS can help you out. There's a fix from Ock's kitchen but I don't apply it since I don't need it.

@Rebels ; yes the home weather need weather updater fix cab, I just add this fix yesterday but the weather image (ie cloud) is somehow appears on up left corner - covering the clock.

Here's the weather updater fix : http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1125281
And here's the misplaced image fix : http://www.modaco.co...o...t&p=1124762

Edited by adhip, 27 September 2010 - 08:45 AM.

volkan80

volkan80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 Оmnia 16GB
First install it. Then copy and replace xml file. Restart

Attached Files

Edited by volkan80, 27 September 2010 - 08:33 AM.

leebates1986

leebates1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

How can I activate MMS? That option is missing in the settings for messages.

still trying to find out myself. mms.dll etc are missing, a lot of reg settings too. tried to add a cab i made from samsung mms EXT from yonns kitchen, installed few things but still didn't work. hopefully someone else can come to the rescue :lol:

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Probably I cleaned them too to make this Rom as lite as possible based on my personal needs.
Sorry guys, for those who need MMS (or HTC geoservices, AudioMgr), this rom might be unusable. Will add this details on the 1st post.

Perhaps, I'll make another ROM which has MMS. My problem is I don't have a lot of free time for cooking ROM (this is my 2nd published ROM while my 1st one is several months ago) and I'm still a newbie in this area. So It won't be in the near future.

leebates1986

leebates1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Probably I cleaned them too to make this Rom as lite as possible based on my personal needs.
Sorry guys, for those who need MMS (or HTC geoservices, AudioMgr), this rom might be unusable. Will add this details on the 1st post.

Perhaps, I'll make another ROM which has MMS. My problem is I don't have a lot of free time for cooking ROM (this is my 2nd published ROM while my 1st one is several months ago) and I'm still a newbie in this area. So It won't be in the near future.

do you still have you .kxml files mate for yonns kitchen?

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

do you still have you .kxml files mate for yonns kitchen?

I doubt it, I tried different ingredients to get the smallest size and the one I shared is not the last ROM created.

mpower

mpower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
hi. GREAT ROM! Thanks for the hard work.

Just wondering how to remove weather all together from the home screen? I don't have a data plan on my phone and get charged $$ for any data usage.

andrew.mazlim

andrew.mazlim

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

hi. GREAT ROM! Thanks for the hard work.

Just wondering how to remove weather all together from the home screen? I don't have a data plan on my phone and get charged $$ for any data usage.

Αre you getting charged because you updating the Home page weather??? Why the hell for you're doing that? Install THAT and you don't need to update anymore:

Attached Files

Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________

mpower

mpower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Αre you getting charged because you updating the Home page weather??? Why the hell for you're doing that? Install THAT and you don't need to update anymore:

thanks, but what does it do???

also for some reason NODATA is not working on this rom... i get the error: The file 'NoData' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or, one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file.

I've tired reinstaling - same problem. This app worked previous on OCK's rom... same cab.

adhip

adhip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

also for some reason NODATA is not working on this rom... i get the error: The file 'NoData' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or, one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file.

I've tired reinstaling - same problem. This app worked previous on OCK's rom... same cab.

Weather Update use Data connection, now it depends whether your Data Connection is chargeable or already included in your dataplan package.
You can set it manually to make it cheaper.

Personally, I use the weather tab instead of Home tab to see/update weather. Btw, I tried to install the weather updater fix cab in the rom but it made the touchflo never launched, so better to install the fix later on. To remove weather from Home Tab you need to modify Home setting XML

NODATA need Net CF 3.5 installed, this can be installed in "My Storage" (or in "Device" if you wish).
The idea of 'lite' ROM is to remove unnecessary packages from ROM, including those apps which can be installed in Internal disk or SD card. That's why I said in my 1st post that this is personal ROM, since what's been removed or packed into ROM is subjective to my needs (use it heavily for work).

Edited by adhip, 30 September 2010 - 04:43 AM.

mpower

mpower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Weather Update use Data connection, now it depends whether your Data Connection is chargeable or already included in your dataplan package.
You can set it manually to make it cheaper.

Personally, I use the weather tab instead of Home tab to see/update weather. Btw, I tried to install the weather updater fix cab in the rom but it made the touchflo never launched, so better to update it later on. To remove weather from Home Tab you need to modify Home setting XML

NODATA need Net CF 3.5 installed, this can be installed in "My Storage" (or in "Device" if you wish).
The idea of 'lite' ROM is to remove unnecessary packages from ROM, including those apps which can be installed in Internal disk or SD card. That's why I said in my 1st post that this is personal ROM, since what's been removed or packed into ROM is subjective to my needs (use it heavily for work).

thanks for that, explains a lot. where do i find Home settings XML file?

andrew.mazlim

andrew.mazlim

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Updating with a script the Weather in Home tab, withouth chargins.
About NoData... forget it and use that:

Attached Files

Posted Image

leebates1986

leebates1986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
i managed to get the MMS back on + working, will post a detailed guide later as i'm rushing to get out :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users