dt39 ROM Beta release

Guest dreamtheater39

Guest dreamtheater39

Hey guys,

I just quickly made a rom for our omnia pro! Mainly looking at optimizing an existing base to get it to run quicker. Here's a quick beta build of the rom. Beta because - i still havent really worked on optimizing further and fixing the minor problems that we've seen on 6.5 builds compared to 6.1 stock! Everything works well - and things are really quick!

Its based on a JC2 build.

Here's what's been done -

1. Got rid of windows live messenger and all its collateral garbage (it has over 40-50 modules which sit in memory and eat up performance!)

2. Converted several modules to files freeing up slots (0/1/60/61/63) for other modules

3. Converted many of samsung's oem dll files to modules and recloced to higher slots for better performance!

All in all, it runs really nice and quick :(

heres a download link -

http://hotfile.com/dl/58294637/c241762/pdaNew.rar.html

(thanks new2city for uploading this :()

I still have a lot of optimization to do, will do it over the next few days :P

Known bugs -

1. Palringo, if anyone uses - kills our device for some reason! There is a big incompatibility with samsung today screen and palringo B). It forces the home screen to reload each time. Use BeejiveIM another free IM client instead.

Give in your feedback!

Cheers guys,

and special thanks to Ernst for helping me out with a few omnia pro cooking specific issues i ran into :P

San

Edited by dreamtheater39

Guest joecruz

Hi, cool, a new chef...anyway what's the memory like on this custom rom of yours after the optimization that you've done so far? (RAM & storage)

Guest dreamtheater39
Hi, cool, a new chef...anyway what's the memory like on this custom rom of yours after the optimization that you've done so far? (RAM & storage)

flash the rom dude, its blazinggggg fast!!!! :P extremely excited about the possibilities!!! the device is just amazing, phenomenal performance! :(

opening apps, closing them, switching - all zero lag! cant wait to optimize further :(

Guest joecruz

alright alright i'm taking your word for it :( still downloading...damn slow connection....how much faster compared to stock JC2? x2, x5, x10?

Edited by joecruz

Guest dreamtheater39

not multilanguage...english only.

make sure you use the right csc file along with the rom.

@darthveda -

can you post the csc file? so that people have all the widgets and stuff working well :(

cheers

Guest jappoman

can you make a multilanguage version of it ? or better, an italian version ? :( i'm sooooo interested in it ! :( please man :P !

Guest dreamtheater39
can you make a multilanguage version of it ? or better, an italian version ? :( i'm sooooo interested in it ! :( please man :P !

i could do that, but i still have quite a bit of work with the wwe rom. there's a lot more that i can optimize yet :P

however...gimme one of your italian roms (rom_dump.bin) for me to work with! dump your current rom with dskdump.exe and upload it. i'll upgrade the core os and optimize it when i get some time.

cheers

Guest Princeagarwal
The download link is dead... :( I can't download this ROM. Please post a new link. We waiting... :(

rapidshare doesnt allow more than 10 downloads for a file uploaded from free account

why not upload it at megaupload am dying to try it

does htc sense run smoothly on it

wats the rom usage

Guest dreamtheater39

sorry guys, i dont have a premium account on any of the sharing sites. mediafire doesn't allow files greater than 200 megs :(

so, can someone host it? thanks

Guest Princeagarwal
sorry guys, i dont have a premium account on any of the sharing sites. mediafire doesn't allow files greater than 200 megs :(

so, can someone host it? thanks

hey u may split the file into 100mb parts using winrar n then upload it at mediafire

or u may upload it at megaupload doing the same

thank u

Guest new2city

2nd day and all is still zippy! A very different experience and on a full ROM, I normally use Megalites only and mainly in 6.5, but this is freaking fast.

1) TCPMP, normally, I have to play movies in GDI mode to get performance with minimum jerkiness but now, I can also play in DirectDraw....

2) S2U2 seems more responsive as well after waking up the phone(with lock button)

Only slowdown is the Samsung SMS app which I still feel is slow.., still sticking to the OEM Messaging app.

This is a 21889 build, an older build(right?) , anyone knows which build has the faster Samsung SMS app?

Guest dreamtheater39
2nd day and all is still zippy! A very different experience and on a full ROM, I normally use Megalites only and mainly in 6.5, but this is freaking fast.

1) TCPMP, normally, I have to play movies in GDI mode to get performance with minimum jerkiness but now, I can also play in DirectDraw....

2) S2U2 seems more responsive as well after waking up the phone(with lock button)

Only slowdown is the Samsung SMS app which I still feel is slow.., still sticking to the OEM Messaging app.

This is a 21889 build, an older build(right?) , anyone knows which build has the faster Samsung SMS app?

glad its working great your end too :(

i'll be making another rom - 23569 build over the weekend....i'm quite sure it'll be much quicker...theres a lot more optimization which i skipped to quickly test things in this rom released :(

i'll try and speed up the messaging app...lets see

cheers

Guest new2city
glad its working great your end too :(

i'll be making another rom - 23569 build over the weekend....i'm quite sure it'll be much quicker...theres a lot more optimization which i skipped to quickly test things in this rom released :(

i'll try and speed up the messaging app...lets see

cheers

It's a great ROM. it's full but fast. Thanks a lot for it. Is 23569 a 6.5 build?