Official: HTC Desire Getting an Upgrade to Froyo this weekend!!

Guest christonge

Guest christonge

Official: HTC Desire Getting an Upgrade to Froyo this weekend!!

HTC-Desire.jpg

HTC Desire could be getting its upgrade to Android 2.2 starting tomorrow. The Twitter account for HTC_NL has tweeted that the upgrade to FroYo for HTC Desire users (in the Netherlands, at the very least) will begin tomorrow with other devices to follow soon after. HTC's Mark Moon also confirmed this on his own Twitter feed.

Translated:

We’ll begin with the Android 2.2 upgraded tomorrow for the Desire, other devices will follow.

Mark Moons from HTC Europe also confirmed this information on his own Twitter account (translated):

“Tommorow we start with the upgrades to Android 2.2 for the Desire, more devices later on”

Obviously we have heard many rumours before but at least this seems to come from a decent source. Fingers crossed!!

Via Phandroid

UPDATE:

HTC Official statement:

"The Android 2.2 (FroYo) update for HTC Desire will start rolling out across Europe this weekend. As well as including the complete set of Android 2.2 features, the update will contain a few special additions of our own through the latest iteration of HTC Sense. The update will provide 720p video capture, HTC's App Share widget, as well as our enhanced HTC Caller ID, and improved multi-language keyboard. Also, though the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes.

HTC Desire users will be notified that the over-the-air update is available to download when their phone automatically checks for software updates. The update won't delete any of the phone's content. However, due to the size of the update, we would advise using a WiFi connection to download it wherever possible to avoid additional data charges.

This update will initially roll out to unlocked HTC Desire handsets. Operator specific versions of the update are undergoing testing and we expect to make them available in several weeks' time."

Guest kefealo

Good news...

Please no more rumors, jokes, please...

It can be true? Long time waited day....

when this rumor again, i'll drunking rum or something like that....

Pretty good! Please became true!

Nobody can imagine what i'll do when rumor again...

The first what I do, I'll delete a whole internet... (without making a cd/dvd backup.)

Guest Gorskar

Should be good. Only had this phone for less than a week, but loving it a lot - and looking forwrd to shiny new features in 2.2 :(

Guest FatherD

Well ... hmmm ... not too excited here!!

Paul has done an excellent job with r5/6. I will keep it until his rooted official ROM hits these pages.

Take your time Paul, your work is always worth the wait :(

Guest bedwa

sweet! The closer to this, the closer to a source release, the closer to a working mod for the n1. (can't tell I miss my sense ui right?) Excellent!

Guest kefealo

Still no frozen yoghurt... I guess a rumor again... :(

Or not?

Or.... everyone at HTC are loughing at us?

Edited by kefealo

Guest Menno Slaats
As wanted to demonstrate, this is again a wrong rumor! Shame on you HTC!

HTC Germany wrote today:

"Hallo liebe Fans, leider können wir den Twitter von HTC-Holland nicht bestätigen. Wir können nur sagen, wir sind nah dran, aber eben noch nicht fertig mit dem Froyo-Release für Desire."

Translation: "Dear fans, unfortunately we can not confirm the Twitter of HTC-Holland. We can only say we are close, but just not yet ready for the release Froyo Desire."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/htcde/posts/135483879822537

So Mark Moons was too early with his tweet! Also the customer service of HTC told some people on the phone there was an internal memo about the release of the update it will be not today!

Guest kefealo
HTC Germany wrote today:

"Hallo liebe Fans, leider können wir den Twitter von HTC-Holland nicht bestätigen. Wir können nur sagen, wir sind nah dran, aber eben noch nicht fertig mit dem Froyo-Release für Desire."

Translation: "Dear fans, unfortunately we can not confirm the Twitter of HTC-Holland. We can only say we are close, but just not yet ready for the release Froyo Desire."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/htcde/posts/135483879822537

So Mark Moons was too early with his tweet! Also the customer service of HTC told some people on the phone there was an internal memo about the release of the update it will be not today!

Hmmm... It's strange... really... I have to install a custom rom.... I don't want to wait more and more...

Everybody with rumors, or something like that: fcku! Am I clear?

pfff

Guest V I R U S

HTC shoul look for people who really work for HTC and not posting that rumors like this ass.

Edited by V I R U S

Guest christonge

It's official!!!!! :(

HTC statement:

"The Android 2.2 (FroYo) update for HTC Desire will start rolling out across Europe this weekend. As well as including the complete set of Android 2.2 features, the update will contain a few special additions of our own through the latest iteration of HTC Sense. The update will provide 720p video capture, HTC's App Share widget, as well as our enhanced HTC Caller ID, and improved multi-language keyboard. Also, though the update, HTC Sync will allow HTC Desire users to sync their music with iTunes.

HTC Desire users will be notified that the over-the-air update is available to download when their phone automatically checks for software updates. The update won't delete any of the phone's content. However, due to the size of the update, we would advise using a WiFi connection to download it wherever possible to avoid additional data charges.

This update will initially roll out to unlocked HTC Desire handsets. Operator specific versions of the update are undergoing testing and we expect to make them available in several weeks' time."

Guest kefealo

Yay! ROTFL!

Can't be true... I can't imagine... Look before you leap!!!

don't count your chickens before they're hatched

And you?

weekend is almost over here in europe,, still no sign of an update. as far as my calendar goes and calendars on htc phones, monday is not considered as weekend! (wish it was though...LOL)

Edited by kav

Guest Patrick Steiner

Unable to do a Over the Air update with a rooted and unbranded HTC Desire. During the update i see a red question mark. any hints?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.