Help getting into recovery mode

Guest ShredMaster

Guest ShredMaster

Hi all. I got a nice shiny new SGS yesterday and all seemed well. I installed a couple of market apps (Launcher Pro and Y5 Battery Saver) with no problems. However, I powered it up first thing this morning and was presented with a black screen and nothing much working. I got the Samsung splash/intro screen and then it just says 'Phone Locked' agains a black screen. I can swipe the lock message away but still left with a blank screen and none of the buttons seem to do anything. I figured the easiest thing to do would be a 'factory reset' but I cant seem to get it to boot into recovery mode. After a little Googling, I've accross several supposed methods of doing this involving volume, home and power buttons but nothing seems to work?!?!?

Any help out there?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by ShredMaster

Guest Dan Mullen
Hi all. I got a nice shiny new SGS yesterday and all seemed well. I installed a couple of market apps (Launcher Pro and Y5 Battery Saver) with no problems. However, I powered it up first thing this morning and was presented with a black screen and nothing much working. I got the Samsung splash/intro screen and then it just says 'Phone Locked' agains a black screen. I can swipe the lock message away but still left with a blank screen and none of the buttons seem to do anything. I figured the easiest thing to do would be a 'factory reset' but I cant seem to get it to boot into recovery mode. After a little Googling, I've accross several supposed methods of doing this involving volume, home and power buttons but nothing seems to work?!?!?

Any help out there?

Thanks a lot.

You usually just have to press volume up, home and power - hold them all down until you get the recovery screen.

Guest ShredMaster
You usually just have to press volume up, home and power - hold them all down until you get the recovery screen.

Yep, tried that one. Thanks for your help.

If i hold down all three and keep them pressed the phone just keeps reseting over and over (I guess because I'm holding the power button down). If I press volume UP, home and power and then just release the power button, it boots up normaly (and into the black screen I've come to hate so much!).

:(

Guest goondu
Yep, tried that one. Thanks for your help.

If i hold down all three and keep them pressed the phone just keeps reseting over and over (I guess because I'm holding the power button down). If I press volume UP, home and power and then just release the power button, it boots up normaly (and into the black screen I've come to hate so much!).

:(

Just press VOLUME UP and HOME button first. The final button to press is the POWER. Hold the 3 together until the recovery screen appears. IF splash screen appear, don't let go, continue pressing it.

Hope this help. And good luck .

Guest ShredMaster
Just press VOLUME UP and HOME button first. The final button to press is the POWER. Hold the 3 together until the recovery screen appears. IF splash screen appear, don't let go, continue pressing it.

Hope this help. And good luck .

I finally managed to get it to work. Thx for the help. Phone fixed.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...