Build 4917?

Guest maskaler

Guest Dunhamzzz
Does anyone know the differences between the builds 3883,4933 etc.

Nope, no-one noticed any difference, presumably a few silent bug fixes.

whats the difference between 21 and 31?

We *think* it's something to do with the basebands, 21 is for EU and 31 for US.

Guest spences10
Nope, no-one noticed any difference, presumably a few silent bug fixes.

We *think* it's something to do with the basebands, 21 is for EU and 31 for US.

Thanks @Dunhamzzz,

I have build 3883 and tried the custom ROM which is a 4xxx build and i got a ton of FCs so decided to go back to stock

Guest maskaler

It's quite odd - I've no real concrete idea what the 21/31 difference is, though for some reason I thought that those of us in the UK who had O2 phones had 21, whereas those who got it direct from dell had 31? I'm probably way off though.

Guest gadjet110
No use this one if you have a 21 baseband you need to use the 21 link its easy stick with the same numbers and you cant go wrong

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/LatestBuild_21.html

Cheers 4 that jutley.

I am downloading 21 version now, so i just rename it update.pkg dump on root of sd, then boot in dell recovery and flash?

Will this get rid of o2 customisation etc?

Cheers....:(

Guest Dunhamzzz
Cheers 4 that jutley.

I am downloading 21 version now, so i just rename it update.pkg dump on root of sd, then boot in dell recovery and flash?

If you download it on your Streak it will just install.

Guest jutley
Cheers 4 that jutley.

all you have to do is click on the link provided above the 21 one on your android browser and with wifi on it will then start downloading and installing by itself make sure you have ac plugged in at the same time happy upgrading it will not get rid of the o2 logo sorry.

Guest gadjet110
all you have to do is click on the link provided above the 21 one on your android browser and with wifi on it will then start downloading and installing by itself make sure you have ac plugged in at the same time happy upgrading it will not get rid of the o2 logo sorry.

Thanks jutley, worked but now i got 4399 now? i was on 3883 so maybe it has to go to 4399 then 4917?

Guest Dunhamzzz
Thanks jutley, worked but now i got 4399 now? i was on 3883 so maybe it has to go to 4399 then 4917?

The ******21 update is for 4399, 4917 is for ******31

It's worth noting that an unlocked (from Dell.co.uk) UK streak has a baseband ending '00-EU' so may or may not work with a '21' update.

I'm not brave enough to try the 21 update as I need my streak working whilst on holiday.

Also, is there any reason we're not collating the full baseband strings, & what baseband works with which update, or is it a security issue like IMEIs?

Oh aye, and hi, long time lurker, first time poster. :(

Guest parcsalooc
It's worth noting that an unlocked (from Dell.co.uk) UK streak has a baseband ending '00-EU' so may or may not work with a '21' update.

I'm not brave enough to try the 21 update as I need my streak working whilst on holiday.

Also, is there any reason we're not collating the full baseband strings, & what baseband works with which update, or is it a security issue like IMEIs?

Oh aye, and hi, long time lurker, first time poster. :(

Mine is a 00 US build here in the states. I am worried about the 31 build as well. Do I dare?

Edited by parcsalooc

Guest popetodd

If you try to update a 21 or 00 with a 31 update it will not run the update.

I tried the 31 update and it failed while running it's internal verification routines.

From my experience you need to use the version your device advertises and if you don't no worry because it won't install.