Modaco Official froyo ROM?

Guest 325i

Guest Laban

I haven't rooted my desire yet so excuse me for my stupid question :)

But how are Pauls ROMs, as I understand it they are close to stock? I don't want a lot of extra stuff, just the official ROM (rooted) and also stable without tons of other things.

Is the Modaco ROM something for me then?

I have been using the Modaco ROMS for a while and i think they are the best on the web. The only reason i rootes was to install a A2SD+ ROM. I have nearly 100 apps, yet still 70mb free.

Firstly, the ROMS are identical to stock,

secondly, all the extra stuff that you dont need can be removed when you bake the ROM.

Guest Laban
I have been using the Modaco ROMS for a while and i think they are the best on the web. The only reason i rootes was to install a A2SD+ ROM. I have nearly 100 apps, yet still 70mb free.

Firstly, the ROMS are identical to stock,

secondly, all the extra stuff that you dont need can be removed when you bake the ROM.

Alright, thank you for your reply!

So via the online kitchen I can bake a stock ROM or a ROM with some extra feaures that I need. cool :)

Yes, you can download the R5 ROM with all the standard features free.

But to bake your ROM which will allow you to add/delete fetures you need to be a modaco member.

Guest vinnyutd6899
Yes, you can download the R5 ROM with all the standard features free.

But to bake your ROM which will allow you to add/delete fetures you need to be a modaco member.

Will the ROM that will be released tomorrow by modaco be much better than the r5 version up now? That has an average QUADRANT score of around 1300 for me.

Guest jpwjpw
You will see tomorrow what paul has to say about the rom.

I've tried some of the rooted OTA roms on here and it seems that paid-for (and protected) apps are missing from my market. The hack on XDA doesn't work with the ROM either. I've gone back to a pre-OTA ROM until this is fixed.

Only the protected apps such as Slingbox seem to disappear.

Guest shaigrin

I still use r3.1 since June, didn't tempted to try all the leaked versions and decided that the only upgrade will be to Paul's custom rom based on official Froyo.

I'm sure it'll be great, stable and useful like the r3.1.

I also recommend everyone to put some money and get the online kitchen, it is the best thing for your Desire.

Edited by shaigrin

Guest Asselberghs
I still use r3.1 since June, didn't tempted to try all the leaked versions and decided that the only upgrade will be to Paul's custom rom based on official Froyo.

I'm sure it'll be great, stable and useful like the r3.1.

I also recommend everyone to put some money and get the online kitchen, it is the best thing for your Desire.

Agreed shaigrin the online kitchen is fantastic:) it´s well worth the subscription. I´ll highly recommend it to anyone who´s not a subscriber already.

Guest HearThatVoiceAgain
+2

Im refreshing the kitchen every 20mins for the changelog

Won't it be a completely new thread rather than adding on to r6?

Guest xTc is loVe
Won't it be a completely new thread rather than adding on to r6?

I think r3.1 Sticky Thread will be updated =) and some Prebakes for r6 ;-)

Guest michaffm1964

Hi,

i am also a newbie, but please keep cool and patient. I would be fine if Paul is coming out with his version next week and it is well quality assured and tested rther than a quick shot, which has many bugs.

Cheers

Michael

Guest beady_uk
I think r3.1 Sticky Thread will be updated =) and some Prebakes for r6 ;-)

Paul posted in the R6 thread last night to say he would be re-basing the r6 on the new euro froyo release tomorrow (today). Hopefully it wont be much longer

I will be rebasing this on the official Euro update tomorrow morning. Back from hols. :)

P

Guest Diggedy
Paul posted in the R6 thread last night to say he would be re-basing the r6 on the new euro froyo release tomorrow (today). Hopefully it wont be much longer

Last I saw on Twitter was he was planning to work and the Samsung ROM today