rom version 1.24.161.3

Guest Brummos

Guest Brummos

Hey Guys,

Im kinda in a Pickle here. I tried to update my phone the normal way to 2.2. But instead i updated it to 2.1-update1 from vodafone because they still haven't releases 2.2.

But now the pickle part. im now o a rom version of 1.24.161.3 (with 0.80 bootloader). First of all i want to remove the vodafone rom. secondly i want to upgrade to pauls 2.2 later on.

But when i check all the guides, they tell me i can only continue with the guide if i have an rom version of 1.21.xxx.x or bellow:(, but i have 1.24.161.3. I looked everywhere and followed many guides. already made my sd into a gold card(at least i think). i also tried to downgrade my rom by installing an older version, but i constantly get the 140 error where the bootloader version is incorrect?.

How can i go back to an older stock rom, so that i can root my Desire and get pauls 2.2 when i comes out?

help would be appreciated:p

much love

Edited by Brummos

Guest rhedgehog

unrevoked 3

make sure you have a gold card, and then run unrevoked 3

you are now rooted and can use the gold card to flash anything you want.:-D

Guest STANNY
unrevoked 3

make sure you have a gold card, and then run unrevoked 3

you are now rooted and can use the gold card to flash anything you want.:-D

This doesnt work on this rom.

I am in the same position. I have been able to root the handset but flashing roms is not possible. I have spent the past few days trying the many guides found online and none work. My handset has bootloader 0.83 though!

Guest Tymmy Dee

I come across a desire with 0.83 hboot today. Managed to root but only a black screen when going into recovery. Using rom manager I managed to do a backup. Again just got a black screen while it was doing its stuff. Will Rom manager not install a Rom? Have not tried this. Waiting for froyo kitchen to be released.

Edited by Tymmy Dee

Guest hazi1964

I don't know if this will be of any use but there is an app on the Market called Easy Root, it's $0.99

Basically it's an app to root your phone without having to go through any complicated procedure.

It doesn't give a full list of devices it works with, doesn't give any info about which hboot or software version numbers it works with.

I have NOT tried it as I am rooted already and don't know how well it will work. Read the description and the comments and use at your discretion.

If anybody on the boards knows more about this app or if it's one to avoid, please respond asap as I wouldn't want to point people in the direction of dodgy apps.

If you do decide to try it and it doesn't work or bricks your phone, please do not blame me, I am just posting what I have seen available and hope that it will be of use to some people.

Alison

Guest murph_ne
Hey Guys,

Im kinda in a Pickle here. I tried to update my phone the normal way to 2.2. But instead i updated it to 2.1-update1 from vodafone because they still haven't releases 2.2.

But now the pickle part. im now o a rom version of 1.24.161.3 (with 0.80 bootloader). First of all i want to remove the vodafone rom. secondly i want to upgrade to pauls 2.2 later on.

But when i check all the guides, they tell me i can only continue with the guide if i have an rom version of 1.21.xxx.x or bellow:(, but i have 1.24.161.3. I looked everywhere and followed many guides. already made my sd into a gold card(at least i think). i also tried to downgrade my rom by installing an older version, but i constantly get the 140 error where the bootloader version is incorrect?.

How can i go back to an older stock rom, so that i can root my Desire and get pauls 2.2 when i comes out?

help would be appreciated:p

much love

I was in exactly the same boat. Voda knew what they were doing sneaking a load of useless apps onto our phones. I never thought about rooting my desire but i've had to now they filled it full of crap!

Ive spent all night trying different things to root, and have FINALLY been successful using unrevoked. It worked an absolute treat. Just a shame I now have to sort out all my apps again....

(PS My old pulse was far easier to root!)

Guest rhedgehog
I was in exactly the same boat. Voda knew what they were doing sneaking a load of useless apps onto our phones. I never thought about rooting my desire but i've had to now they filled it full of crap!

Ive spent all night trying different things to root, and have FINALLY been successful using unrevoked . It worked an absolute treat. Just a shame I now have to sort out all my apps again....

Exactly, once unrevoked 3 has been successful (which it was when i tried it so i know it works), you then just need to get the update.zip of the rom you want and away you go.

it wonl;t downgrade the bootloader, but as it installs the recovery image and roots the device for you, you don't need to downgrade the bootloader.

Ive spent all night trying different things to root, and have FINALLY been successful using unrevoked. It worked an absolute treat. Just a shame I now have to sort out all my apps again....

Have just been successful with Unrevoked3 on my Vodafone Desire, but can't install a stock ROM.

I Found a copy of

RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_sign

d

but all I get is the error below when I use ClockworkMod recovery.

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted

Firmware 2.1-update1

Baseband 32.36.00.28u_4.06.00.02_2

Build 1.24.161.3

Software 1.24.161.3

My HBOOT is version 0.80.0000

Can anyone point me to a stock ROM download for UK which will work, or am I missing something out?

Guest rhedgehog
Rhedgehog. Can you see the recovery menu? Or do you use Rom manager to flash?

at the end of the unrevoked process, the recovery menu is clearly visible and works fine.

flashed another ROM using update.zip and am now running mcr r5 froyo on it.

Guest rhedgehog
Can anyone point me to a stock ROM download for UK which will work, or am I missing something out?

wha you're missing is the fact that the rom.zip file you have bought across from the ruu is corrupt.

hence the [bad] message inthe middle there.

try one of the mcr ones maybe.

Guest barney2005

:) I have discovered a workaround for the 140 bootloader error. I have just used this and successfully installed 1.21.405.2 on my desire which had suffered the VF update. My bootloader was showing .80, but I still could not flash a stock rom.

Go to xda-developers site, find thread No 745552. On page 2, to to post number 12 and follow instructions.

I cannot claim any credit for this, but offer my sincere thanks to all concerned. They are heroes!

Guest THL1988

Hi rhedgehog,

It seems like you're the guy to talk to for 1.24.161.3/0.83 issues round here so I was wondering if I could run something past you?

I'm on my second Desire now after bricking the first trying to downgrade HBOOT from 0.83 to 0.80, after I'd rooted it with unrEVOked.

I'm keen to root it again, but on the last phone after I'd rooted with unrEVOked 3.1 (on Win7 64bit) and when it completed I just got the black screen and couldn't get into the recovery menu at all to flash any custom ROMs. It seems this is a fairly common issue and I was wondering if you did anything different to me?

I noticed that you used a goldcard when you rooted, whereas I didn't. Should this normally make any difference when it comes to rooting, as I thought the goldcard generally only affected debranding?

Any help is much appreciated.

THL

Guest Cheesy Wotsit

In the same position here.

New UK Vodafone Desire with HBOOT 0.83 and 1.24 software. I've been holding off running unrevoked to root having read several reports of people not being able to access recovery or flash any ROMs.

It seems like rhedgehog is the only person I have come across who has done this successfully on this HBOOT / software combination.

Anyone else reporting success?

Just need a bit more persuasion before trying myself :)

Guest pete.major
In the same position here.

New UK Vodafone Desire with HBOOT 0.83 and 1.24 software. I've been holding off running unrevoked to root having read several reports of people not being able to access recovery or flash any ROMs.

It seems like rhedgehog is the only person I have come across who has done this successfully on this HBOOT / software combination.

Anyone else reporting success?

Just need a bit more persuasion before trying myself :)

Having possibly bricked my flatmates 1.24/0.83 voda last night I would definitely advise you to hold off...

Edited by pete.major

Guest dcarm

Wish I'd read this thread before embarking on my impossible mission of upgrading to 2.2 on a vodafone 0.80 / 1.24 HTC Desire. All the update.zip / RUU.exe methods were useless.

Unrevoked3 has given me an unbranded 2.2 HTC Desire.

Many thanks rhedgehog!

Guest Vistrix

I think Im in the same boat. Vodafone 0.83 Hboot. Went through the Unrevoked3 process.

My phone SEEMS to be rooted (I have superuser app and I can run Titanium backup fine), but when going into recovery, I just get a white HTC screen. I have to take out my battery to get out of it.

Guest theiced1

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem and can't get my phone to respond. I have the crappy VF update on my phone (1.24) and am on the HBOOT 0.80. How do i get rid of this update...it's really messing up my phone and becoming annoying. I have tried to follow some of the things people have posted here (i.e. Barney's XDA website suggestion) but i dont understand step 3.

Also, i've seen a video of unrevoked3, and what should happen to the phone. When i install the device through windows and then run unrevoked3, it restarts almost right away, without any of the technical data screens appearing on the phone screen (matrix style..data extraction or something). The phone restarts back to its normal home screen, and unrevoked3 says "don't touch phone" and somethign else about its flashing...problem is, it doesnt leave this stage (i left my phone overnight at this stage and it still stayed the same). Any further insight into this matter...i'm not the most technical of gals out there, but i can get myself around (barely!).

Kat

Guest rhedgehog
I'm keen to root it again, but on the last phone after I'd rooted with unrEVOked 3.1 (on Win7 64bit) and when it completed I just got the black screen and couldn't get into the recovery menu at all to flash any custom ROMs. It seems this is a fairly common issue and I was wondering if you did anything different to me?

I noticed that you used a goldcard when you rooted, whereas I didn't. Should this normally make any difference when it comes to rooting, as I thought the goldcard generally only affected debranding?

the only thing i can see from what you say, is that I had a gold card in while running unrevoked 3, and i did it on XP 32bit. I tend to avoid 7 for this stuff, just cos of the way that 7 fecks around with the drivers....

soon as unrevoked was finished, it was in the recovery menu, i just straight away installed the zip i had put on the card before i started.

seems to have done the trick, and the clockworkmod comes up without problems.

I'm not using any ext partitions either, but i wouldn't have thought that would be the root of the problem....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Miniera77
Hi Guys,

I'm having the same problem and can't get my phone to respond. I have the crappy VF update on my phone (1.24) and am on the HBOOT 0.80. How do i get rid of this update...it's really messing up my phone and becoming annoying. I have tried to follow some of the things people have posted here (i.e. Barney's XDA website suggestion) but i dont understand step 3.

Also, i've seen a video of unrevoked3, and what should happen to the phone. When i install the device through windows and then run unrevoked3, it restarts almost right away, without any of the technical data screens appearing on the phone screen (matrix style..data extraction or something). The phone restarts back to its normal home screen, and unrevoked3 says "don't touch phone" and somethign else about its flashing...problem is, it doesnt leave this stage (i left my phone overnight at this stage and it still stayed the same). Any further insight into this matter...i'm not the most technical of gals out there, but i can get myself around (barely!).

Kat

Hi everybody, I have the same problem rom version 1.24.161.3 after rooted by unrevoked not able to go into recovery menu, only black screen and I must to remove the battery... someone found something on it?

Now my desire is dead, I would like to flash the original ruu, should be possible??

thanks you

regards

Miniera77

Guest EddyOS

For those with the black screen issue - chances are you're on the new Desire with the SLCD screen. There is a seperate method to rooting this but you're better getting over to XDA for the instructions...