Cannot get gt 540 to connect to PC for update

Guest tabby1471

Guest tabby1471

Hi from a real noob of the GT540

I got my phone yesterday. Went to the lg site and tried to register so I could get help but my phone wasnt listed so that was a no goer.

Now I'm really stuck :) .

I downloaded and installed the pc suite and all the drivers. Followed all instructions to the hilt. Connected my phone and pc together by the usb. My phone showed the usb was connected. When I launched pc suite it couldnt find my phone. According to the pc suite it says to make sure the phone is in pc suite mode and to hit ok. But there is no option for pc suite on my phone.

Am I not looking in the right area on my phone? I seem to have looked everywhere a dozen times or more.

When I pulled down the top menu on the phone all its says is "USB connected" Select to copy files to/from your computer. After that and it offeres you to select "Mount" if you want to copy files between your computer and the phones sd card..

I just dont know what to do>>>Please oh pretty please can someone help me?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please re direct me if I'm in the wrong place

Guest PhilipBerovo

go to phone settings>> sd cars & storage >> and i think here u have an option if u want to connect your mobile only as storage device .. u sohudl disable this option

Guest tabby1471

I still cannot connect. The reason I want to connect is because there is a firmware update needed.

I had no problem downloading firmware updates direct from the internet on my old Nokia.

Can I update the firmware another way? Direct download link or something.

Also this phone seems to lack software updates from within the apps, which the Nokia has.

I'm totally lost in other words lol.

Guest PhilipBerovo
I still cannot connect. The reason I want to connect is because there is a firmware update needed.

I had no problem downloading firmware updates direct from the internet on my old Nokia.

Can I update the firmware another way? Direct download link or something.

Also this phone seems to lack software updates from within the apps, which the Nokia has.

I'm totally lost in other words lol.

i tried to update the firmware through lg updater and my phone is stuck.. (not working) so i recommend you dont update it like that.. im searching now how to unlock phone because when i connect it to pc and i try using drivers it automatically disconnect my phone and PC

Guest tabby1471
i tried to update the firmware through lg updater and my phone is stuck.. (not working) so i recommend you dont update it like that.. im searching now how to unlock phone because when i connect it to pc and i try using drivers it automatically disconnect my phone and PC

Oh thank you so much for the warning :)

Can you please let me know when and if you have any success please?

• 1 month later...
go to phone settings>> sd cars & storage >> and i think here u have an option if u want to connect your mobile only as storage device .. u sohudl disable this option

Thanks for that tip - I was also having problems connecting, the phone connected as soon as I disabled 'use only as storage device'

Kev.