Ive heard good things about this phone

Guest Jerry786

Guest Jerry786

Hi all, Im looking to buy this phone. Every review ive read, they've been raving on about how good this phone is. The screen, although resistive, is supposed to be very very good, close to being as good as the capacitive screens.

Now, i purchased the Pulse mini about 2 weeks ago and ive just seen this phone, I am VERY tempted to go for this one and send the Pulse mini back. The Mini is a decent phone but from what ive seen on youtube, The screen on the LG looks much sharper, more crisper, The colours are also more vibrant for some reason.

Overall, From my understanding.... The LG wipes the floor with the pulse mini. Better battery, bigger and better screen etc etc etc.... Only letdown is the firmware version which is outdated...but i hear LG may be rolling out an update soon..

I am under the impression the LG GT540 is THE best budget phone available.

Could someone fill me in if this phone is any good? Pros and cons? Would be good if those who have this phone could give an insight!

Im tempted....Just need that extra bit of assurance

Thanks all!

Guest PhilipBerovo
Hi all, Im looking to buy this phone. Every review ive read, they've been raving on about how good this phone is. The screen, although resistive, is supposed to be very very good, close to being as good as the capacitive screens.

Now, i purchased the Pulse mini about 2 weeks ago and ive just seen this phone, I am VERY tempted to go for this one and send the Pulse mini back. The Mini is a decent phone but from what ive seen on youtube, The screen on the LG looks much sharper, more crisper, The colours are also more vibrant for some reason.

Overall, From my understanding.... The LG wipes the floor with the pulse mini. Better battery, bigger and better screen etc etc etc.... Only letdown is the firmware version which is outdated...but i hear LG may be rolling out an update soon..

I am under the impression the LG GT540 is THE best budget phone available.

Could someone fill me in if this phone is any good? Pros and cons? Would be good if those who have this phone could give an insight!

Im tempted....Just need that extra bit of assurance

Thanks all!

i can say that this phone is better than pulse mini .. other things .. i dont know but its better then mini :)

Guest nitko

Hi there - I have both Pulse (not mini) and Optimus and both phones have some advantages and disadvantages:

Few major things I noticed about LG:

-resistive touchscreen is much worse than capacitive, I cannot get myself to use it

-screen is small and combined with resistive toucscreen is major pain to use virtual keyboard

-phone seems faster than pulse, or the firmware is faster

-older android, there is 2.1 for pulse with much modifications and there is no such support for LG

LG has slighty faster CPU a bit more RAM but the screen and touchscreen is major drawback.

Guest Phonenut
Hi there - I have both Pulse (not mini) and Optimus and both phones have some advantages and disadvantages:

Few major things I noticed about LG:

-resistive touchscreen is much worse than capacitive, I cannot get myself to use it

-screen is small and combined with resistive toucscreen is major pain to use virtual keyboard

-phone seems faster than pulse, or the firmware is faster

-older android, there is 2.1 for pulse with much modifications and there is no such support for LG

LG has slighty faster CPU a bit more RAM but the screen and touchscreen is major drawback.

I agree with you about the display. It is sharp and has good color saturation, but it's way too sensitive. Often all I wan to do is scroll between screens or within a screen, but it's all too easy to accidentally activate an application by doing this. Plus the scrolling isn't as silky smooth as with the better capacitive screens and the image judders somewhat. Finally when I am scrolling across the maps, I will accidentally zoom in. Maybe a firmware update could fix this but I haven't checked for any yet.

Edited by Phonenut

Guest Irish_Shea

I do like this phone but the one thing I hate issss the virtual keyboard! such a pain to use.. infact it's so bad I often resort to texting online rather than the phone! shame really.. the LG Viewty was so much easier to use in that sense.. but I do prefer the Optimus overall :)

hmm.. maybe an app would fix the virtual screen.. xD