LG GT540 end call bug?

Guest s0cks

Guest s0cks

Hi guys,

I bought three days ago a LG GT540 to my mother (bought it in Portugal and brought to Brazil)...

And when my mother started to use it a bug appeared...

When she is receiving a call... the END CALL BUTTON (virtual and physical button) doesn't work!

If I "press" some of the buttons (or scroll in case of virtual button) it informs the call is ended, but it remains receiving the call...

The physical END BUTTON works for other things (like turn on/off the cellphone and so on)... but ENDING receiving calls doesn't...

So I think that it is a firmware bug... (not physical, I hope)

Maybe a firmware update solves it...

I checked the fw version and it came with V10c (12-may-2010).

It is LG original firmware (without brands)... and the phone is unlocked...

So I would like to know if I can find a newer firmware to try to solve it...

But in 3 weeks I'll return to Portugal and there I can send the phone to LG reporting this bug...

So I believe that it will return with the latest firmware... and the problem solved!

But in this situation... my mother only will see the phone again in December (when I come back again to here)...

So I prefer to try to solve it at my own... and I would like if someone can help me!

Regards.

I found the "bug"...

It is an operator (brand) problem...

If I'm using a SIM card from a specific operator (brand)... when I receive a call... it goes out of area (low signal)...

So when I press END... the call isn't ended because it switch to emergency mode...

So annoying... but only happens with that operator!