[ROM] Azure

Guest Ale Baba

Guest Ale Baba

Azure

azhomes.th.png azlock.th.png

Description:

This is a ROM using the famous CyanogenMod sources, version 6 (=Android 2.2 "Froyo").

It has quite unique features compared to other ROMs:

• Setting to blink the (green) notification light
  • Charging light (amber) if there are no notifications (also a setting)

Download:

I've written a small web-application that allows you to keep track of my releases. You can download ROMs and Add-ons there, as well as see some fancy statistics.

Check it out: http://derhofbauer.at/android/

Setup:

The recommended (easiest) method to download and install Azure is via ROM-Manager (which can be found in the Market). You can also use the QR-codes from my website.

Sources on GitHub:

http://github.com/aleho

Credits:

Thanks go out to kyosa (touchscreen patches) and of course Cyanogen, the whole CM team and Koush for their great work!

Beer / Coffee:

btn_donate_SM.gif

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest Ale Baba

Changelog:

• Updated libhtc_ril.so, tiwlan_drv.ko, sdio.ko to 2.06 (5f084974).
    • Removed Amazon MP3 from Google Apps. It's a market app.
    • Fixed crash of DSPManager.
    • Fixed crash of ADW.Launcher when tapping dots.
    • Fixed USB-tethering.

• Built with armv5te-vfp and armeabi-v6l. This will likely not improve performance in gpu-benchmarks.
      • Added experimental property "windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60". Experimental.
      • Updated proprietary files to 2.05 (bluetooth, wpa_supplicant, wlan drivers).
      • Added ramzswap.ko (for compcache).

• Tweaked lightsensor a bit.
        • Updated sensor levels in kernel too. Got the idea from jonasl's commit.
        • Updated boot.img to correctly set permissions for Torch.apk.
        • Added "owner" target for netfilter.
        • Updated Google Apps to 20100814-tiny.
        • Reverted CM change that set notification light on for every notification.

• Updated to RC3 sources.
          • Updated Google Apps to 20100814-tiny.
          • Fixed built in thethering (somehow a define got missing).
          • Added tun.ko module.
          • Built in LZO compression (for those who want to try compcache).

• Lights settings moved to "Display" ("Audio" is definitely the wrong place).
            • Localisation fixed.
            • Updated VoiceSearch and QuickSearchBox due to popular demand.

[*]0.2

[*]Fixed dhcpcd not running hooks.

[*]Added light-settings (you already know them from Indigo Bean).

[*]Fixed Market not displaying all apps (at least for me).

[*]0.1

Initial release

Known issues:

[*]...

Won't fix:

[*]No FM radio application.

[*]Search for carriers broken.

[*]Wireless hotspot not included. Will not work due to the WLAN driver not supporting it.

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest Peganos
WOW.. A ROM with android 2.2 for our Legends!! Unbelievable... Many thanks to austria!!

Ops.. Can you please add a file-explorer or the market- both of them are not available..

EDIT: Problem solved by myself: http://mirror.kanged.net/gapps/

EDIT: Impressions after 2 hours:

- Fast

- runs stable

- All apps are working

Only Problem: I can't find everything in the market..

Edited by Peganos

Ops.. Can you please add a file-explorer or the market- both of them are not available..

EDIT: Problem solved by myself: http://mirror.kanged.net/gapps/

EDIT: Impressions after 2 hours:

- Fast

- runs stable

- All apps are working

Only Problem: I can't find everything in the market..

Any steps on how we can utilise all of the APKs in your link? i.e. how can we use/flash the files?

Guest Peganos
Any steps on how we can utilise all of the APKs in your link? i.e. how can we use/flash the files?

Hello,

download "gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip" and flash it as update.zip after the flash of the rom.

Guest tamaster92

FroYo?! Awesome! very smooth and easy to use, only problem is that WiFi doesn't work and the notification LED is permentetly green... fix?

FroYo?! Awesome! very smooth and easy to use, only problem is that WiFi doesn't work and the notification LED is permentetly green... fix?

Its really great initiative . I really hope someone fixes alll the majar issues like wifi etc to make it more usable. (Before official froyo launch )

Guest Peganos

Was the same with my legend. Reboot your device and the LED will be off again - Happens sometimes after charging your phone with your computer. But that's a known issue with other devices too.

Guest Ale Baba

Here we go. 0.2 is online.

I'm not sure about the localisation problems but the other issues should be fixed. At least for me Market is working perfectly now.

Edited by Ale Baba

Guest Peganos
Here we go. 0.2 is online.

I'm not sure about the localisation problems but the other issues should be fixed. At least for me Market is working perfectly now.

Did you had the same problems, that you don't find all apps?

Is the LED-Problem fixed?

EDIT:

Made Benchmarks some Benchmarks with "Quadrant Benchmark"..

- MCR based on 2.1 = 350

- Azure 0.1 = 453

- Azure 0.2 = 425 (without a wipe. Will try it after wiping later)

Regards

Edited by Peganos

Guest pesaroso

Hi!

Thanks a lot for this release, I really love it! :D

However, I cannot use it :/ Every time I boot the device, the status bar says "your SD card has been unmounted successfully" or something (maybe safely removed..?)

Anyway, everytime I try to access an app or anything that uses the SD card, it says that the SD-card is in use.

I go to settings - memory, and try to activate it, but after it says "activating.." it says "safe to remove device!" afterwards :/

Will reinstall the one I had using a NAND-backup. A shame, cause this looked awesome!

Device: HTC Legend, bought in Europe, 2 GB standard SD-card (stock).

Cheers mate!

Guest Peganos
Hi!

Thanks a lot for this release, I really love it! :D

However, I cannot use it :/ Every time I boot the device, the status bar says "your SD card has been unmounted successfully" or something (maybe safely removed..?)

Anyway, everytime I try to access an app or anything that uses the SD card, it says that the SD-card is in use.

I go to settings - memory, and try to activate it, but after it says "activating.." it says "safe to remove device!" afterwards :/

Will reinstall the one I had using a NAND-backup. A shame, cause this looked awesome!

Device: HTC Legend, bought in Europe, 2 GB standard SD-card (stock).

Cheers mate!

Hi hi..

lil question. Is you sd card a goldcard? Did you made a root on the device?

Regards,

Peg

P.S. If you have any questions and want a fast answer - Use twitter..

Guest pesaroso

Hi there!

Sorry about my previous message, that was solely my own fault. The SD-card itself was messed up. Just took a full backup of the card, formatted it again, and it worked! Thanks a lot for this release, and the updated 0.4 :D

Guest Ale Baba

0.5 released.

Google Apps in 0.5 don't include Maps any more.

So if you upgrade, re-install Maps (from Market) or else the "Downloads" page will be broken. You can then uninstall Maps withouth any further problems.

This of course doesn't apply if you wipe prior to flashing.

Guest Qliratu

I really like this mod for the legend :huh:

One question tho.. i really hate the FroYo keyboard.

I tried installing the IME v27 one from the xda forum.. but i cant seem to get it to work (low and hi ress).

Is there any other way of getting a desent keyboard?

EDIT: NVM i already found it (use low res version 1.5)

Edited by Qliratu

Hi all,

Used this update but my (sms) text messages do not seem te work. Does anybody else have the same problem

My provider is vodafone.nl, restored back with rommanager and text does work in older rom.

Guest morehawk

Thank you for the effort you put into this!

I am unable to flash to either the Azure 5 or 6. I've got the rooted Firmware 2.1, Build 1.31.405.4 ( RUU_Legend_HTC_WWE_1.31.405.5_R_Radio_47.26.35.04_7.05.35.26L_release_126592_sig

ed ) and downloaded the ROMs to SD-card. Trying to flash them with Rom Manager restarts the Legend, but then shows only the red question mark. After a few seconds it reboots back into the normal Firmware.

Is this an issue with the zip file, or my setup?

Best regards from Germany!

edit:

Managed to do it. Restarted into recovery manually from the Rom Manager. Then I could select the flash from zip-file and it worked after I also wiped all the data, cache etc. Awesome, thanks a lot!

Edited by morehawk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I here the beginner. Has put Azure 1.0, but it has appeared there there is no Market! Or I can is simple it I do not see? How to put the Market or how to install applications apk on phone? In standard Azure anything same it is not provided! In advance thanks for the answer! I sorry for the my English.

Edited by kartek

Hi guys! I here the beginner. Has put Azure 1.0, but it has appeared there there is no Market! Or I can is simple it I do not see? How to put the Market or how to install applications apk on phone? In standard Azure anything same it is not provided! In advance thanks for the answer! I sorry for the my English.

install google apps from http://derhofbauer.at/android/downloads/ad...az-20100816-1.0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Holmes108

Love the ROM.

Minor glitch for me though... I have a folder, and all apps within that folder seems to lose their icons periodically(they change to generic white/green android icons)... removing the app and re-adding it fixes the issue. Anyone know what may be causing this? Or an easier way to reset/refresh the icons without removing re-adding apps?

Thanks,

Edited by Holmes108