Dell Streak 2.1 update (21 devices) - Download here!

Guest rza.android

Guest BigHeadDog
Personnaly tried everything on this page, & as said in my post above, my phone was not modified, it was a EU-00 factory version....

The standard/factory recovery gave me a FOTA error like some people here...

anyway, only the Clock world recovery 1.8 was partially working... because : black screen in the 2) upgrade menu

Clock world recovery 2.5 gave a full black screen from its begining !

so I tried the another factory recovery img from the link I gave just above your post... which is different from mine because yours comes from 21 country...

&... as I said, it appears to be able to full flash the Update.pkg 21 uk version ! that's why I said that it appears that on some phone, there is a recovery limitation... I suppose the one you were also talking in your post... & that you have to set the corresponding country recovery img to the Upgrade.pkg...

thanks to paul, i managed to update to 2.1. woowoo...

Guest HoTdiGiTi

The way people had to rename update.pkg, why is this? All I did was download the file and pressed the notification bar and installed it there. Am I missing something?

Guest BigHeadDog
The way people had to rename update.pkg, why is this? All I did was download the file and pressed the notification bar and installed it there. Am I missing something?

is it successful using this method of yrs?

Either way because they were impatient and used a download accelerator on pc to get it a bit quicker or weren't in the uk..

Guest vivanno
Mine also ! was fighting with all recovery img like worldclock... bla bla bla

& finally applied on mine 00-EU Phonehouse unlocked version, the recovery img from this post: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...very-downloads/

&... tada !!! was able finally to upgrade to 2.1 & the FOTA error disappeared !

The story is finally : the recovery image must be from the same country as the rom you want to flash !

Have you got a save/backup of your old système ? 1.6 EU type 00 ? :D

Edited by vivanno

Guest TristanP

Hi There,

Gah!! :huh: Any help?..

I have downloaded the file. It's on my Streaks SD card. It is renamed as 'Update.pkg' I do the start up boot and choose...

2. Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card

Then it shows the Android system recovery utility screen GAUSB1A11 etc.. and suggests I press the shutter button to start emergency software recovery.. so I do. And then the bar slowly fills..

Then I get a DT.A3.702 screen which says Built Date May 19th 2010.. and I wait a bit for that one...

Then I wait and the Streak boots up.. And *drum-roll* I'm still with version 1.6 .. not 2.1

3 times now.. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong folks?

-Tristan

Guest llecaroz
Have you got a save/backup of your old système ? 1.6 EU type 00 ? :huh:

no ;) with regret ! also searching 1.6 recovery & 1.6 EU type 00 6267 rom for our phones :(

Guest ukbambammatt

Do you loose all your photos and music etc etc when doing this upgrade and out of the verious links which one is best to use to upgrade to 2.1 guys?

Also whats the best method of backing up your data?

Thanks for your help.

Guest RconMax
Do you loose all your photos and music etc etc when doing this upgrade and out of the verious links which one is best to use to upgrade to 2.1 guys?

The only things I lost was install apps.

Music and photos remained.

I installed all my free apps again no problem.

I have 2 paid apps but I can only see one of them in the Market place.

Unfortunately the one I can not see Copilot Live 8 is the one I really want / need to install ;)

I contacted Copilot Live and they said that they can see it in the Market place on a 2.1 phone (not Dell Streak)

The suggested contacting Dell. LOL :huh:

Edited by RconMax

Guest brightonstatic

hello guys, I have read every post and reply with regards to this unofficial 2.1 update, I will be picking up my steak from o2 on Saturday as an upgrade :huh:

I have a few questions if that's OK before I go ahead and choose this product.

1. As I am getting it from o2 on a contract in the uk it will be a 21 device, is this right?

2. if its a 21 i device all i need to do is change the update-6941-21.pkg to Update-6941-21.pkg

3. place Update-6941-21.pkg on the sd card in the root dir, so in no folder using a pc and then ejecting the card correctly

4. Place the sd card back in the phone and reboot holding the power and volume buttons,

5 chose option 2 and then wait for the phone to update and reboot.

if the phone is out of the box O2, 21 device then this will work fine? again is this all correct?

I would really appreciate it if someone can confirm this for me?

also once this is all done and working, once dell bring out the official 2.1 or even the 2.2 will updating OTA work ok? I am sure 2.2 will but if you are already on 2.1 then this may cause some problems?

And finally, if anything goes wrong with my update, how do i get hold of the original 1.6 i had installed on the phone out of the box, or is there a way to get this of the phone first before i start the update process. This part I am a little unsure of.

thanks you so much for any help offered and I am looking forward to a working 2.1 streak ;)

Guest DellGuy

I keep starting the upload and my phone looks like its downloading the Update.pck and it then says "FOTA names do note match- phone will reboot in 30 seconds" and it will reboot and nothing changes on my phone. Any Suggestions or does anyone have a better walk through in doing this update?

Guest DellGuy
I keep starting the upload and my phone looks like its downloading the Update.pck and it then says "FOTA names do note match- phone will reboot in 30 seconds" and it will reboot and nothing changes on my phone. Any Suggestions or does anyone have a better walk through in doing this update?

Or make a Youtube video For a straight from the US/Dell

Guest DellGuy
there are quite a few walkthroughs already on how to do this for US streaks.

I have been looking and cant find any... can you help and post some links on walk throughs

Guest peekofai
hello guys, I have read every post and reply with regards to this unofficial 2.1 update, I will be picking up my steak from o2 on Saturday as an upgrade :huh:

I have a few questions if that's OK before I go ahead and choose this product.

1. As I am getting it from o2 on a contract in the uk it will be a 21 device, is this right?

2. if its a 21 i device all i need to do is change the update-6941-21.pkg to Update-6941-21.pkg

3. place Update-6941-21.pkg on the sd card in the root dir, so in no folder using a pc and then ejecting the card correctly

4. Place the sd card back in the phone and reboot holding the power and volume buttons,

5 chose option 2 and then wait for the phone to update and reboot.

if the phone is out of the box O2, 21 device then this will work fine? again is this all correct?

I would really appreciate it if someone can confirm this for me?

also once this is all done and working, once dell bring out the official 2.1 or even the 2.2 will updating OTA work ok? I am sure 2.2 will but if you are already on 2.1 then this may cause some problems?

And finally, if anything goes wrong with my update, how do i get hold of the original 1.6 i had installed on the phone out of the box, or is there a way to get this of the phone first before i start the update process. This part I am a little unsure of.

thanks you so much for any help offered and I am looking forward to a working 2.1 streak ;)

Everything seems right in your steps but the file needs to be renamed to Update.pkg instead

Guest brightonstatic
Everything seems right in your steps but the file needs to be renamed to Update.pkg instead

Ahh, nice one for pointing that out, I will update how I get on tomorrow, picking it up tomorrow, :huh:

Guest vivanno

Hi'

sorry but it doesn't work on my streak EU_00. ;) i must find a working recovery image. Your stock recovery image doesn't work (black screen), and the ClockworkMod recovery image doesn't work correctly, i can't select any entries in the menu.

Another idea ? :huh:

Edited by vivanno

guys, newbie aussie, factory unlocked, steak user here (GAUSB1A110700)

can anyone point me to a readme that will allow me to upgrade to 2.1 please.

i've tried to flash the streak by holding vol+- and selecting update.pkg but i get an "FOTA model name mismatch" error

will my phone remain unlocked after the upgrade ?

Edited by ipguy

Guest ryanl33x1511

i cant select anything on clockworkmenu. it worked one time before , but i can only move up and down using volume key but cant select anything with camera..i tried all buttons already help guys ?

Guest kibcom
After update to 2.1 Dell PC suite can't see my Streak . Any ideas?

Unfortunately DELL PC Suite does not work under 2.1.

No one has been able to get it to work so we just have to hope it is corrected in the next official releae, either 2.1 or 2.2.

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately DELL PC Suite does not work under 2.1.

No one has been able to get it to work so we just have to hope it is corrected in the next official releae, either 2.1 or 2.2.

Download the updated Version from DELL (for 2.1) here. :lol: