2.1 Market Help Needed

Guest Paul Brown

Guest Paul Brown

Hi guys,

First post here, but long time forum reader.

I've just download and installed the 2.1update1 file directly from my streak. It installed ok and i'm running it fine,

the only problem is, i can't download any apps from the Market. It just stays on "Starting Download". No matter what

app i choose, it's just sticking on it. It does the same when Wifi or on or off. Not sure what the problem is at all.

I noticed that when it finished updating, my streak hadn't wiped it's self, so i did a factory reset so that i was pretty much

fresh 2.1 install. I've done the same method of upgrading on my dads streak too, and it too is also not downloading from the

Market.

Any help would be appriciated.

Paul

Guest Warpedflash
Hi guys,

First post here, but long time forum reader.

I've just download and installed the 2.1update1 file directly from my streak. It installed ok and i'm running it fine,

the only problem is, i can't download any apps from the Market. It just stays on "Starting Download". No matter what

app i choose, it's just sticking on it. It does the same when Wifi or on or off. Not sure what the problem is at all.

I noticed that when it finished updating, my streak hadn't wiped it's self, so i did a factory reset so that i was pretty much

fresh 2.1 install. I've done the same method of upgrading on my dads streak too, and it too is also not downloading from the

Market.

Any help would be appriciated.

Paul

I have the same problem...

Guest Paul Brown

I've just used the recovery menu to recover mine to stock 2.1 as such. If that doesn't work, i think i'll go back to 4399 then update to 2.1 via recovery rather than OTA. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the way it's updated? I'll report back on whether it's working after recovery.

Guest Warpedflash
I've just used the recovery menu to recover mine to stock 2.1 as such. If that doesn't work, i think i'll go back to 4399 then update to 2.1 via recovery rather than OTA. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the way it's updated? I'll report back on whether it's working after recovery.

I updated mine off an Update.pkg off the sd card...

Guest Paul Brown

even recovering from sd card doesn't solve it. Just sticks on starting download and goes no further.

Back to 4399 for me i think, then update via SD card properly. See if that solves anything? I've no idea why this is happening.

Same now on 2 streaks here, both won't download apps.

Guest CharlieBareham
even recovering from sd card doesn't solve it. Just sticks on starting download and goes no further.

Back to 4399 for me i think, then update via SD card properly. See if that solves anything? I've no idea why this is happening.

Same now on 2 streaks here, both won't download apps.

I downloaded and updated through recovery anyway, didn't use OTA

Guest m4tt24

On mine its taking a minute or so to show them downloading on my topbar but they are downloading if i reclick on the app and they are installing fine.

mine also messed up a bit

so I installed appbrain and did some updates with that.

cancelled the stalled updates that I'd originally started with market and started them again.

not certain whether it was the time taken to install the other apps through appbrain or the face I cancelled then installed them, but its working now.

I can't find 3 apps though

tapatalk pro, paypal and slideit (purchased) they seem to have disappeared off the market.

Guest Shauneh

Yeah paypal wouldn't install for me either, its now not on the market place.

I am gunna go check other websites and see if its been pulled.

--

Shauneh.

Guest parcsalooc
Yeah paypal wouldn't install for me either, its now not on the market place.

I am gunna go check other websites and see if its been pulled.

--

Shauneh.

Paypal is still on 1.6's market

Guest Shauneh

Yeah I noticed people saying when they upgraded to Cyanogen on his EVO it stopped working, so he uninstalled it and then couldn't find it to redownload it.

I have a suspicion that fowl play is at work here towards people with custom ROM's :/, they are probably just going to say that it is for security measures.

Theres my 2 cents

Thanks,

Shauneh

Guest battletank
Yeah I noticed people saying when they upgraded to Cyanogen on his EVO it stopped working, so he uninstalled it and then couldn't find it to redownload it.

I have a suspicion that fowl play is at work here towards people with custom ROM's :/, they are probably just going to say that it is for security measures.

Theres my 2 cents

Thanks,

Shauneh

This is completely normal - the market hasn't yet been updated with the ID for the Eclair Streak. Wait for the market to get updated, or wait for Paul release a MCR version of this, it will be fixed.

Guest Blaydes

Have you guys double-checked the date of the Streak? Many times when you flash, it resets the date to 1900. Until you fix it, you cannot access the market. Give it a shot and please report back if it works/doesn't work.

Guest yosemite-sam

mine wouldnt let me sign in with my google account when i opened the market app. it gave an error saying use wifi instead! so i did the opposite and turned it off and tried again and it worked. i turned the wifi back on so i could get astro that came down fine. phew!

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest fantasytozi

Seem like the popular problem with the Hero before. Guys who cannot download via wifi, did u try via 3G? If it works via 3G, it could be sth related to ur wifi network

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Same here on a clean install of 1.6 4399 apps all show starting download and then just get no further tried over both WiFi and 3G maybe their is something wrong with the Market although it opens and you can search apps no problem just not download any very weird.

Marc