RebelSim News - A good day for the streak.

Guest stuliv12

Guest d1kk1e

Got my reprogrammer today, worked a treat (after I'd accidentally uploaded the .rar file instead of its contents - RebelSim you should filter specify the valid filetypes for your updater program...)

T-Mobile UK is working with HSDPA

Guest Lunait

I got my Rebel Sim card today, and tried it with my Streak. However, there is no 3G, and I can only receive messages while I'm calling someone (no idea why, something to do with roaming?). Did any of you experience similar problems? I guess I have the old v1.1 firmware. I didn't reset the network codes, since I heard people who succeeded anyway. Or is this only with the new 1.2 firmware?

Edited by Lunait

Guest micduffy

my card wasn't programmed correctly (an RTFM issue). Now I am running with a 1.2 compliant Rebel Sim on Optus - just can't get 3g working yet - but should be able to get it working soon

edit - APNs weren't 100% - got full 3G now - pretty happy about this

Edited by micduffy

Guest Lunait

Obviously I had to get the wrong programmer for my OS too (I have W7 64-bit). So now I have to find a PC with Win XP 32-bit installed. Not a big issue but annoying nontheless.

Guest 323spoon

I got my programmer today. Updated rebelsim and put it in my phone and it worked straight away. Been on full bars of hsdpa since 11 this morning with not one problem. Credit where its due, excellent work by the guy(s) at rebelsim.....finally! :huh:

Guest Li Ying

Firware 1.2 can't fix 3G and No Service in Asia.

It's very difficult to get Network Key after take out Sim from 2G phone

Edited by Li Ying

Guest Lunait
Firware 1.2 can't fix 3G and No Service in Asia.

It's very difficult to get Network Key after take out Sim from 2G phone

So you have to move the SIM from a 3G phone to the Streak in order for it to work properly? Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Guest rebelsimcard
I got my programmer today. Updated rebelsim and put it in my phone and it worked straight away. Been on full bars of hsdpa since 11 this morning with not one problem. Credit where its due, excellent work by the guy(s) at rebelsim.....finally! :huh:

thanks nice to know your sorted

Rebel Simcard

Guest Li Ying

in Asia, all rebel simcard updated to 1.2 not work, there is no 3G

it still destroys the authentication keys so we can not regain network

We try to test 3 Dell Streak with any updated rebel sim but can't find the way to unlock

Please advice us

Guest everunman
in Asia, all rebel simcard updated to 1.2 not work, there is no 3G

it still destroys the authentication keys so we can not regain network

We try to test 3 Dell Streak with any updated rebel sim but can't find the way to unlock

Please advice us

Hi Li Ying

the same happened to me in Australia with new 1.2 version of rebelsim, i took the sim out and put it in a iphone until it registered a 3g signal, put it back in the Streak selectefd the apn of my provider and for 2 days now its remained on 3g service

Edited by everunman

Guest Li Ying
Hi Li Ying

the same happened to me in Australia with new 1.2 version of rebelsim, i took the sim out and put it in a iphone until it registered a 3g signal, put it back in the Streak selectefd the apn of my provider and for 2 days now its remained on 3g service

Can you manually selected network? when I temporarily lose signal of my service provider the only way to get things working again is the "SIM shuffle" (took it out and put in another to registered signal)

Edited by Li Ying

Guest everunman
Can you manually selected network? when I temporarily lose signal of my service provider the only way to get things working again is the "SIM shuffle" (took it out and put in another to registered signal)

Yes i can, i also didnt mention I upgraded to android 2.1 before the rebelsim new firmware and didnt loose 3g as often, i have an o2 locked phone

Guest Li Ying

Thank everunman,

all people in Vietnam who have bought Dell Streat O2 locked can not unlock it by rebel sim firmware 1.1 or 1.2

we hope to get fw 1.3 or unlock code soon

Edited by Li Ying

Guest Mr Dan
I have been performing testing with Rebel with a new card firmware for the rebelsim on the streak. So far so good, updated the rebelsim with the firmware, put them in, and ive been on 3G/H for a few hours now, and no problems. I didnt have to update network keys manually. Im going to use this for the next few days and see if it stays connected etc.

The APN's were populated automatically which is a good sign.

Ill keep you updated, and fingers crossed this works.

Please try not to destroy this thread with negative comments, ive been trying to get this working for all of us. It seems this firmware was created on the 11th of this month. I cant distribute anything, but i believe you will all have access to the firmware from their website if you have already bought a rebelsim, you will just neet a sim usb token to install it with.

Guest Mr Dan

Just a few questions

I got myself a dell streak and i'm well impressed with it as it is my first smart phone thingy

im not very tech savvy but would like to know

1 what is froyo and how do i get it?

2 what does a rebelsim do?

3 this 2.1 eclair unofficial upgrade - will it do my phone in?

replys to [email protected] please - i took me ages to work out how to get these few lines in and i dont know if i will be able to find my way back

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest scotty3g

I have an Optus sim and using a 1.2FW Rebel Sim, i've had absolutley no issues whilst in AUstralia.

But i've found when travelling throughout Asia, i can't connect to networks. Any ideas?