Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music, art, history, photography and traveling
    Not done much of any of these lately!
  • Devices:Nexus 5/One+ One/Tegra Note 7
  • Twitter:@masterpfa

Yep, I had checked that. Also, I had discovered Floyo0.8 ROM from erasmux, flykernel's developer. Will do some tests.

Have you had a chance to try Erasmux's ROM yet,
What's your opinion?
:lol:

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

One+ One (Sandstone 64Gb)
Advent Tegra Note 7

dropbox.png DropBox referal link
Click to get Dropbox and to get an extra free 250mb for us both

ValeryM

ValeryM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

Have you had a chance to try Erasmux's ROM yet,
What's your opinion?

It seems to me more smooth, polished and responsive, particularly "default" installation just after flashing the ROM. That's my opinion. Sorry, had not did any overclocking or testing with neocore/linpack/etc.

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

It seems to me more smooth, polished and responsive, particularly "default" installation just after flashing the ROM. That's my opinion. Sorry, had not did any overclocking or testing with neocore/linpack/etc.

In the name of science and as I'm bored and have the time I shall experiment with a few ROMS this morning, starting with FrodVillain 1.5 (With the Stock Theme!), before Floyo 0.8 ROM from erasmux and maybe Crono's ROM

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

Advent Tegra Note 7

crashd

crashd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

In the name of science and as I'm bored and have the time I shall experiment with a few ROMS this morning, starting with FrodVillain 1.5 (With the Stock Theme!), before Floyo 0.8 ROM from erasmux and maybe Crono's ROM

I've been using Froyd Villian for, probably, about a week now. I think it's great, hardly had any problems and the battery is about as good as modaco r5

masterpfa

masterpfa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

I've been using Froyd Villian for, probably, about a week now. I think it's great, hardly had any problems and the battery is about as good as modaco r5

I have to agree, FroydVillian is running so smooth, trouble or lag free on my phone, so much so I have become a convert from FROYO_2.2_elelinux_v1.9 which unfortunately for me was not as smooth as I would have liked.

LG Nexus 5 (32Gb Black)

Advent Tegra Note 7

kay_ran

kay_ran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I know I'm a little late to this party, but.... Froydvillain 1.5 is just beyond awesome. It's perfectly usable as a daily rom, it's smooth, stable and incredibly fast. For those of you with battery issues - there is a huge thread over on the villainrom forums about this. It's a bug which is in all CM6 based roms, and apparently will be fixed in the next release. I reverted to using Villainrom12 as none of the froyo hero roms would give me more than 7-10 hours battery life. Once it's sorted I'm going straight back to froydvillain though. It's just too awesome.

EDIT - forgot to mention not everyone experiences the battery issues. Some people report phenomenal battery life from Froydvillain, others terrible battery life. Give it a whirl, nonetheless!

Edited by kay_ran, 22 September 2010 - 01:43 AM.

unknownkandyman

unknownkandyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:htc hero(gsm)
do any of the froyo roms have fixed bluetooth so i can connect a wii remote? im looking for a rom that works and does the wii control so far the only one i can get going is madacos rom. darchdroid wont work it gives me this build prop error and i cant seem to wipe my dalvik cache or sd ext. it says use adb but even in adb it wont work. i thoughtit might have something to do with the recovey image but so far i cant seem to figure out how to swap it for my recovery-RA-v1.5.2.img

sorry for the noob question butplease help me ive been everywhere i can think of and find without prevail

odin13

odin13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
the latest good froyo roms are:

elelinux 2.0 or Special Edition (both include Flykernel10a with tweaks)
floyo 1.0 (Flykernel11 included; based on latest CM6 sources)

and if you want to do some customizing yourself try out the latest CM6 nightly build;
running it myself and its pretty awesome, only flaw might be batterylife...

for the CM6 nightly i recommend;

- flash Flykernel11
- flash a2sd file from Darktremor (move dalvik to sd too)

*i don't use bluetooth myself so i don't know if it works on the above roms

Lordsmiff

Lordsmiff

I am Lordsmiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Mobile phones, gadgets, computers, internet, anything rechargeable.
  • Twitter:@lordsmiff
Just to add a reply for any late arrivals...

This is highly recommended as an every-day-ROM - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=724637

Works for me without any issues...give it a shot :)

Cheers,
Smiffy.

Brushed aluminium finish you say? I'll take two!

twitter.com/lordsmiff

jsplace

jsplace

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:Hero, SF
Without any shadow of a doubt, and I have tried them all, Cronies Froyo 1.3.0 is the fastest, most stable, usable. ROM there is. In fvact its now so stable that there has been no need for a release or bugfix for over 2 weeks now.
If you haven't tried it then give it a go!

Now on Giffgaff. Want a FREE SIM with 8p calls and £5 free credit? PM me :)

milko9000

milko9000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Heh, by that reckoning Froyd is a month and a half without a new release, must be even better! :)

Cronos is on my list for when Floyo 1.01 annoys me enough to start over again though, which is what I'm currently happy with.

Guiluge

Guiluge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried FroydVillain & FusionRom, they were really nice, but I deeply fell in love with elelinux 2.2.... Awesome, I highly recommend this one !

schmarakel

schmarakel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Would be nice if any Devs get this working!
Biggest problem seems to be working WiFi.

HTC Gratia ROM (known as Aria) Android 2.2 with Sense UI for CDMA and GSM Hero:

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=816944

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=818733

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=821116

Guiluge

Guiluge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I tried FroydVillain & FusionRom, they were really nice, but I deeply fell in love with elelinux 2.2.... Awesome, I highly recommend this one !

Guys, elelinux was great, but Cronos Froyo 1.4.2 is beyond awesome : super smooth, battery life seems great so far... a real treat.
I'm impressed.

wabe

wabe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Is it really worthwhile to upgrade 2.1 to 2.2? I'm happy with with the current modaco rom and wonder what benefits there are? Aside from have the "latest and greatest".

movetorecyclebin

movetorecyclebin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've tried several 2.2 roms ... Floyo, Cronos, Fusion!ROM, bFroyo63, FroydVillain, elelinux (actually this one)

For daily use, I like the Fusion ROM

(note that I'm not using bluetooth or camera functions)

Edit (10nov.): switched to Fusion Rom with the release of the 2.2.1 updt9. This release seems better than ever
take a look at androids Roms

Edited by movetorecyclebin, 10 November 2010 - 03:35 PM.

Guiluge

Guiluge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Is it really worthwhile to upgrade 2.1 to 2.2? I'm happy with with the current modaco rom and wonder what benefits there are? Aside from have the "latest and greatest".

Well, I feel 2.2 roms (especially Cronos) are running smoother & faster than 2.1 ones, but that's all.
If you're satisfied with the latest 2.1, well, keep it.
I wanted a system more reactive and Sense-free, that's why I upgraded.

David Aitken

David Aitken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II
  • Twitter:@Davidsaitken
Tried Cronos 1.4.2, but it seemed to dislike my phone, really laggy and slow compared to Elelinux and Floyo, in fact Froyd ran more smoothly than it and it's well outdated now

worcester4x4

worcester4x4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:G2, TyTynII, XDA, Desire HD
Yesterday I installed FroydVillain 1.5.

I am now very impressed!

Initially I was a little concerned, I had a few FCs and a couple of lockups.

Now, after reinstalling the apps that FC'd and updating all the other apps it's running as smooth as silk with no more FCs. I previously ran Modaco r5 and thought that was pretty good, but FroydVillain knocks it into a cocked hat.

Battery life seems excellent also; this morning at 11.45 I had to pull it off charge, it was at 71%. Now, 7 hours later it's at 50%, that's at least 20 %age points more than I would have expected. I'll run it from fully charged tomorrow and check for certain.

For now, it's looking really good.

For sale: 1 x 64Gb 3G iPad, 1 x HTC Hero (G2) and 1 x HTC Desire HD. PM me if interested

Nel

Nel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:DHD & Hero
I'm liking FroydVillain 1.5 too just missing the trackball light, gunna get it from a rom that its worked on and push it across see if it works.

Anyone know if Adobe Air will install on Hero running 2.2 or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users