68 replies to this topic

Carl_Brummy

Carl_Brummy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

I'm liking FroydVillain 1.5 too just missing the trackball light, gunna get it from a rom that its worked on and push it across see if it works.

Anyone know if Adobe Air will install on Hero running 2.2 or not?

I have been running Floyo 1.1.9 for a little while (this is the latest, I have been running it from earlier builds) and it is improved a lot each time.

the only issue is that ALK will NOT activate my copy of Copilot Live 8 anymore as I have activated it too many times with all these updates and rom switching...so be careful if you have something like this installed!

Carl.

I feel the pull of the iPhone 4.....using the force to stay with Android....

jpq

jpq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, S2, Desire HD, HD2
  • Twitter:@jpquiles

I have been running Floyo 1.1.9 for a little while (this is the latest, I have been running it from earlier builds) and it is improved a lot each time.

the only issue is that ALK will NOT activate my copy of Copilot Live 8 anymore as I have activated it too many times with all these updates and rom switching...so be careful if you have something like this installed!

Carl.

I often flash different ROMs and i solved the problem u got with Copilot and other applications with licences activation:

I use Titanium Back, : i've saved an activated version, and after flash, either i retore it (data + Application) either i download it from market and restore data only.and so,no new activation is necessary.

i hope this helps

A+

Jpq

Mugenmk

Mugenmk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I see that Villainrom has released Froydvillain, has anyone tried it and can someone please confirm if the trackball notification works on 1.5 and on 1.6., also what is with this?

Kernels:

If you are using the Music app, you may/will need to set a higher minimum CPU speed in SetCPU to stop crashes.

576MHz with boot animation.
576MHz without boot animation.
614MHz with boot animation.
614MHz without boot animation.
652MHz with boot animation.
652MHz without boot animation.
691MHz with boot animation.
691MHz without boot animation.
729MHz with boot animation.
729MHz without boot animation.
748MHz with boot animation.
748MHz without boot animation.
768MHz with boot animation.
768MHz without boot animation.

What are these for? And is flashing a radio image needed?

thanks

Edited by Mugenmk, 27 November 2010 - 01:55 AM.

Nel

Nel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:DHD & Hero

I see that Villainrom has released Froydvillain, has anyone tried it and can someone please confirm if the trackball notification works on 1.5 and on 1.6.

Tried FroydVillain 1.5 & 1.6 then tried FROYO 2.2 Special Edition all seem pretty stable but no trackball flash apart from when you get a call.
Also tried the CM notification fix and a few other fixes but they didnt sort out the problem.

Mugenmk

Mugenmk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thanks, but what about all these MHz settings?

toxic-hero

toxic-hero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:htc hero, latest froydVillain

I see that Villainrom has released Froydvillain, has anyone tried it and can someone please confirm if the trackball notification works on 1.5 and on 1.6., also what is with this?

Kernels:

If you are using the Music app, you may/will need to set a higher minimum CPU speed in SetCPU to stop crashes.

576MHz with boot animation.
576MHz without boot animation.
614MHz with boot animation.
614MHz without boot animation.
652MHz with boot animation.
652MHz without boot animation.
691MHz with boot animation.
691MHz without boot animation.
729MHz with boot animation.
729MHz without boot animation.
748MHz with boot animation.
748MHz without boot animation.
768MHz with boot animation.
768MHz without boot animation.

What are these for? And is flashing a radio image needed?

thanks

these are different kernels. higher number means higher CPU speed, which means your phone runs faster but also your battery dries quicker. you enable a kernel by flashing it over your rom in recovery mode but it depends from your phone how high CPU speed it supports. if it doesn't boot after you flashed a kernel or if you get FCs, than you should flash a lower speed kernel.

i suggest you stick with the default kernel which you get by flashing the rom itself. it's tested to be the best compromise between speed and stability/battery consumption. you may also flash the default kernel (576MHz) without the boot animation. that will shorten the boot time of your phone.

this kernel stuff has nothing to do with the radio image.

Edited by toxic-hero, 28 November 2010 - 01:54 PM.

Mugenmk

Mugenmk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thanks a lot, that really clears things up, one last thing though, do I need to flash a radio image and which one?

toxic-hero

toxic-hero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Devices:htc hero, latest froydVillain

Thanks a lot, that really clears things up, one last thing though, do I need to flash a radio image and which one?

you don't need to flash newer radio if the existing one works for you. however you can do it anyway (try with the latest radio) to see if your gsm signal or wifi gets any better. in case of troubles you may flash back your working radio anytime.

one thing more about kernels: froydvillain 1.6 doesn't offer separate kernels to flash. however you may play with CPU speeds in an app called CPUspeed which is installed by deafault. just don't try to flash FV 1.5 kernels on FV 1.6.

Mugenmk

Mugenmk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
You've been very helpful mate, thanks(hvala) :P Flashed the 1.6 and already it feels faster and looks cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users