Apps missing from Android Market

Guest HorusUK

Guest HorusUK

After I upgraded to 2.1-update1, I noticed that Note Everything Pro was not visible in the market, so I contacted the developer. His reply was:

M. Terasa - SoftXPerience

It is due to google's copyprotection. I have no influence on it. But I can provide a workaround if you let me know your checkout number.

I'm also no longer able to see:

Spark - http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.diotasoft.spark

CallTrack - http://www.appbrain.com/app/app.calltrack (I did manage to get the apk from the developers site)

These may also be protected apps, which would explain their disappearance.

Is anyone else experiencing missing apps?

Guest Warpedflash
After I upgraded to 2.1-update1, I noticed that Note Everything Pro was not visible in the market, so I contacted the developer. His reply was:

I'm also no longer able to see:

Spark - http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.diotasoft.spark

CallTrack - http://www.appbrain.com/app/app.calltrack (I did manage to get the apk from the developers site)

These may also be protected apps, which would explain their disappearance.

Is anyone else experiencing missing apps?

Yea i have a couple missing root manager being one of them... I dont rely know weather or not to follow up what i am missing...

Guest HorusUK
It is now "CallTrack Improved" which logs text messages, starts on boot and some other bits and bobs.

CallTrack (by asterdroid mobile) and CallTrack Improved (by hcpl) are by two different developers, so CallTrack Improved is NOT what I'm looking for. I have no need of the "improved" features, as I use SMSBackup+ to manage SMS.

Guest roakey

i cant find my docs app which i paid 20 us for..

it allowed me to install the app on the dell as 1.6. after purchasing it on my desire. but as soon as i upgraded no joy with finding the key :D.

anyone know a work around

Guest payneardo

just cleared the dalvik cache and still misisng some apps, like calltrack.. mind you when I had the desire it did take a while for some of them to appear :0

Guest HorusUK
I see calltrack. clear your dalvik cache

Despite clearing my dalvik-cache, I am still missing apps. A similar thread over on XDA-Developers mentions something to do with Google having to register the ROM to enable certain apps to appear. I'll wait a while, and see what happens!

Edit: I found the link I was referring to: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754696

Edited by HorusUK

Guest parcsalooc
I cleard the dalvik-cache but still can't find certain apps in the Android Market.

Still missing:

WunderRadio

RadioTime

I cleared Dalvik Cache in Terminal Emulator then installed Eris Market Fix and did a reboot. I now have all applications. I also have the MarketEnabler.apk installed and fooled around with that. Try all those steps. It worked for me

Guest Shauneh

Just so you know people, dont install Eris Market Fix.

It totally just killed my Dell Streak, the screen now doesn't respond in the right places like it should.

And trying to fix this is proving difficult...

Thanks,

Shauneh

Guest parcsalooc

It totally just killed my Dell Streak, the screen now doesn't respond in the right places like it should.

Thanks,

Shauneh

Odd, my streak is working perfectly fine.

Thanks,

Shauneh

go into recovery and calibrate the screen...

Guest Shauneh

The screen was flipped, the top bar was by the Home, Menu and Back buttons.

I had no service, and when apps load, they went to a white screen first until I scroll more than 1 pixel and then changed back.

I am just warning people not to install as this messed up my phone and I have yet to be able to Flash it back properly

Thanks,

Shauneh

I cleared Dalvik Cache in Terminal Emulator then installed Eris Market Fix and did a reboot. I now have all applications. I also have the MarketEnabler.apk installed and fooled around with that. Try all those steps. It worked for me

I tried to install Market Enabler but I keep getting a Parse Error. Downloaded from multiple locations but get same error.

I know you're gonna laugh but I can't find Asphalt 5!

Isn't Asphalt 5 and all Gameloft apps only for US? I do not see any Gameloft apps in Market but I thought it was because I am using UK ROM in the US.

Guest payneardo
I tried to install Market Enabler but I keep getting a Parse Error. Downloaded from multiple locations but get same error.

Have you tried this one ??

http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/do...mp;can=2&q=

once installed is does an upgrade as well :D

Mind you, still not sure what I am doing with the settings ;) if anybody does get it working with this for UK users :D

Guest tomqman
Have you tried this one ??

http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/do...mp;can=2&q=

once installed is does an upgrade as well :D

Mind you, still not sure what I am doing with the settings ;) if anybody does get it working with this for UK users :D

here you go alot of apps (including paid) now show up but there are a few missing still

install MarketEnabler_3.0_beta.apk

reboot phone

open market enabler

set custom

gsm.sim.operator.numeric: 23410

gsm.operator.numeric: 23410

gsm.sim.operator.iso-country: gb

gsm.operator.iso-country: gb

gsm.sim.operator.alpha: o2-UK

gsm.operator.alpha: o2-UK

im using rebel sim on orange uk. just downloaded the orange apps, ebay, root explorer which would not show up before

Edited by tomqman

Guest payneardo
here you go alot of apps (including paid) now show up but there are a few missing still

reboot phone

open market enabler

set custom

im using rebel sim on orange uk. just downloaded the orange apps, ebay, root explorer which would not show up before

Thanks will give it a go :D but already had ebay and some paid apps available to me :D

Guest worley

I don't see:

google earth

paypal

neocore

and more annoyingly the new Galcon game for android (which I can see in appbrain, and add to my list and it won't install via app-brain either) and National Rail (which I paid £4.99 for and now can't install).

Guest payneardo
I don't see:

google earth

paypal

neocore

and more annoyingly the new Galcon game for android (which I can see in appbrain, and add to my list and it won't install via app-brain either) and National Rail (which I paid £4.99 for and now can't install).

Yeah I cant see google earth either, maybe we have to set the settings to something different ?? but been a noob I not sure with market enabler :D and all i get to change on custom is gsm.sim.operator numeric value and they are no UK settings in the list.

Edited by payneardo

• 1 month later...
Guest vinokirk

reboot phone

open market enabler

set custom

How ironic. Market Enabler is one of the apps that dont show up in my Market!

I managed to d/l it from here: http://code.google.com/p/market-enabler/do...mp;can=2&q= but when i go too custom it only got a box to input gsm.sim.operator.numeric, not any of the rest...

I tried setting it to 23410 but nothing...rebooted...nothing...set to one of the presets...nothing...rebooted...nothing

Hmmm, reboot seems to reset back to the default of 23430 anyway

Edited by vinokirk