Bricked my Galaxy S Vibrant

Guest STEEPSIDE

Guest STEEPSIDE

Hi,

I need someones help with this, I loaded a couple of roms onto my S with no issues there were JG5 and then JP3 to get 2.2. Then in my infinate wisdom I wanted to try another one so I tried JG8 as I was having signal issues when being out of 3G/H :D coverage. I flashed using odin and all of the applicable files from Samsung Firmwares and the process seemed fine excpet that the phone did not reboot and is now completely dead. I have tried the three button method for reboot and download modes and nothing happens. It does not charge or show up on the computer when pluged in. I have tried everything that I could find on the internet and nothing has worked so if anyone has any moments of flash brillance it would be appreciated as my newly purchased GS is now a black slab literally!!

MG

Guest ranblv

which three button you tried? with the vol up or vol down? try the other...

Did you remove the battery for a few minutes?

When I had that adb still worked for me...

Guest ranblv
Hi,

I need someones help with this, I loaded a couple of roms onto my S with no issues there were JG5 and then JP3 to get 2.2. Then in my infinate wisdom I wanted to try another one so I tried JG8 as I was having signal issues when being out of 3G/H :D coverage. I flashed using odin and all of the applicable files from Samsung Firmwares and the process seemed fine excpet that the phone did not reboot and is now completely dead. I have tried the three button method for reboot and download modes and nothing happens. It does not charge or show up on the computer when pluged in. I have tried everything that I could find on the internet and nothing has worked so if anyone has any moments of flash brillance it would be appreciated as my newly purchased GS is now a black slab literally!!

MG

Did you use Paul's rom with the clockwork recovery?

Guest STEEPSIDE
which three button you tried? with the vol up or vol down? try the other...

Did you remove the battery for a few minutes?

When I had that adb still worked for me...

Tried them all left the phone off and without battery for 10 min....tried adb but it would not recognize the device....

Guest STEEPSIDE
It's a Known issue Flashing JP3 and then Downgrading will Brick the Phone...

I made an update for ODIN that will not Brick the Vibrant Phone's here, I know it's a tad later for you though.... It's Toast btw...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=740558

Hmmmm....that is not the news that I was wanting to read....I am new to the custom roms etc...and did not know that once you go Froyo you can never go back.....thanks for the reply

Guest STEEPSIDE
Did you use Paul's rom with the clockwork recovery?

I flashed JG5 then used MCR R3...but wanted to try the Froyo for a comparison...didn't know that you can not go back from that as mentioned by eugene373...not sure what clockwork recovery is...

Guest eugene373
I have this man and this suks

1st.

Pull battery out

2nd.

Plug USB into Phone

3rd.

Put Battery Back in

4th.

Hold Volume up & Volume Down & press power.

5th.

You should be in Download mode now.