to freeze or not to freeze?

Guest toxic-hero

Guest toxic-hero

i'm quite conservative about roms. i want my rom to just work. no fc's, gaps, freezes... but installing launcherpro gave me a push to experiment a bit. now i have this idea to get rid of all sense... even to freeze the yogurt ;-)

could anyone explain to me the status of froyo for hero development? is it stable enough for a daily usage? what about the battery life? can it be compared to r5's? i know that flash doesn't work. what about other features? i'd rather hear it from you cos i don't really trust the specs written by developers. ;-)

any suggestions?

I'm Using FroydVillain. Works very well. Custom kernel 19-691MHZ, veeery fast and snappy. Stable too, I haven't had any trouble with it as far as I can recall.

Guest toxic-hero
I'm Using FroydVillain. Works very well. Custom kernel 19-691MHZ, veeery fast and snappy. Stable too, I haven't had any trouble with it as far as I can recall.

what about your battery consumption? how long would you say it lasts with 3g always on, wifi & bluetooth only when needed, no juice defender, moderate usage?

Edited by toxic-hero

what about your battery consumption? how long would you say it lasts with 3g always on, wifi & bluetooth only when needed, no juice defender, moderate usage?

Uhm, wow.. Hard to say. This could be totally inaccurate, but I'm using 3G (not GSM) and everything else is off. Today I've been doing some messaging, playing games and listened to music for a few minutes. However, I don't remember last time I charged it. But I think it was yesterday, but I'm not sure. I guess the battery had about 60% this morning, and now it's 36%. Anyway you should try it. I've been using a lot of different roms, including r5. This is probably the fastest ROM I've ever tried =)

Guest toxic-hero
Uhm, wow.. Hard to say. This could be totally inaccurate, but I'm using 3G (not GSM) and everything else is off. Today I've been doing some messaging, playing games and listened to music for a few minutes. However, I don't remember last time I charged it. But I think it was yesterday, but I'm not sure. I guess the battery had about 60% this morning, and now it's 36%. Anyway you should try it. I've been using a lot of different roms, including r5. This is probably the fastest ROM I've ever tried =)

thanks. this certainly looks promising. now it's on me to try...

Guest toxic-hero

well, i tried elelinux rom. it's also amazingly stable but i'm in a dilemma now...

i haven't imagined that non-htc android is sooo unpolished. stock dialer is really a piece of useless crap, and most of it's alternatives (dialer one, etc.) also. i quite liked a dialer called nubdial but i think it's causing me lags. gallery is also shitty and i couldn't find a decent alternative. message app is so-so, also without an alternative (i always hated that bubble gum handcent).

i also don't really like the white android theme and the alternatives (sence, blackmod) are still very unpolished at the moment... the same is with stock browser and gmail app has some strange perspectives.

the good old r5 is "at least" stable, polished and does what it does very well. but there are many things i like about froyo too. so i really don't know what to do now...

anyone know any good alternatives?

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest toxic-hero
i haven't imagined that non-htc android is sooo unpolished. stock dialer is really a piece of useless crap, and most of it's alternatives (dialer one, etc.) also. i quite liked a dialer called nubdial but i think it's causing me lags. gallery is also shitty and i couldn't find a decent alternative. message app is so-so, also without an alternative (i always hated that bubble gum handcent).

i have to say all those apps i called crap work so much better on froydVillain and also don't look ugly anymore, so i take my words back.

Edited by toxic-hero