Photo

19/Aug - Streak 2.1 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

BigHeadDog

BigHeadDog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

There is something wrong with this leaked 2.1 system.
With 1.6 I was way over 60% battery after one day of use. Yesterday I installed 2.1 and with full battery my Streak died over night.

Could it be the animated wallpaper fault?

Which animated wallpaper?

payneardo

payneardo

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:gadgets, football and music
  • Devices:dell streak
  • Twitter:@payneardo
Sorry to ask again but has anybody had any joy with the market issues missing "protected" apps. I have edited the Fingerprint in build.prop and reset back to ro but still seeing the same stuff and missing google earth, logmein etc.. Have I missed anything. I have also cleared my market cache and the dalvik cache too.

Many thanks

Payneardo

Edited by payneardo, 20 August 2010 - 04:29 PM.

miker71

miker71

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak (factory unlocked)
  • Twitter:@britmic

2 Gmail icons? That's odd!

P

Seems to have cleared itself up, no reboot required.

Other observations:

I really really want to disable the haptic feedback on the capacitive buttons - but that doesn't seem possible.

"Bluetooth Share" seems to be consuming power even though I don't have bluetooth enabled.

It's the loudest phone I've ever owned (the other half had a Nokia that was louder but it was about an inch thick).

No problems with the GPS - in fact as a SatNav it's great because of the larger screen and general loudness.

Old habits die hard, and I like to use the phone in portrait - so I've installed ADW launcher - but Google Gesture Search will only launch in Landscape! The Horror! I'm guessing Landscape is a system-wide default, hopefully not hardcoded with the build (ie can edit a conf somewhere or something, maybe). Either that, or Google Gesture Search needs to autorotate or allow explicit option for orientation rather than relying on default ...

Overall, very pleased with this device. I hope it gets some momentum with the development community.

pretenderep

pretenderep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:X1
hi!
Since I upgraded my streak following Paul's instructions (it was at first a unbranded french streak), there's no data networks anymore (edge or 3G). I tried to reflash the phone several times, but there's still the same problem...
Any idea?

solved

Edited by pretenderep, 21 August 2010 - 06:53 AM.

spences10

spences10

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Devices:DELL Streak, ZTE Blade
  • Twitter:@spences10

Ok, thanks. So now I can flash Clockwork Mod recovery via the flash_image command in terminal emulator right?

Also vibration has stopped working on my streak now, if I reflash 2.1 do you think it will clear it up?

[EDIT] Q: If I want to re-flash 2.1 can I just do it via the conventional .pkg file on the sdcard using the stock recovery that came with the 2.1 update?

@Paul - can I flash the 2.1 .pkg again over my exisitng 2.1? it's just the vibration on my device had dissapeared and I wan to know if it is a hardware fault.

Thanks.

I have ORD

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM: CM9 Skankwich
ClockworkMod recovery [of course]

Circle Me
Follow Me

Green750one

Green750one

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
Mmmmm......I reapplied the stock recovery and then the 2.1 update as per instructions. All seemed OK, but now I cant get the thing to boot in fastboot or recovery mode. holding cam button it just sits there with black screen. Holding both vol buttons just boots normally.

cant get into market - wont connect to google account saying I dont have network although I am connected via wireless

very frustrating. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Update: Ha. used search and found that the button combo works slightly differently in 2.1 - press power until front panel buttons light then hols camera and release power. Was worried for a bit but all ok now!

Edited by Green750one, 21 August 2010 - 12:15 AM.

Fone_Fanatic

Fone_Fanatic

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
any one successfully applied this to an At&t streak?
I ordered mine yesterday and should have it by wednesday.
this will probably be the first thing i do to it!

popetodd

popetodd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Devices:iPaq HW6945, Dell Streak

It has been done BUT if you do it you will then have an O2 Streak and no way back to baseband 31 or 00 depending on which you started with.

Many are not pleased about this so think hard before converting.

!SMAN!

!SMAN!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

There is something wrong with this leaked 2.1 system.
With 1.6 I was way over 60% battery after one day of use. Yesterday I installed 2.1 and with full battery my Streak died over night.

Could it be the animated wallpaper fault?

I don't think it's the wallpaper, but i've been killing just about every app i can, and i don't have wifi or bluetooth turned on, yet my phone only gets 8 - 10 hours of standby on this 2.1 build.

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile
forget to Flash with the battery At 100?

stryfe604

stryfe604

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok i am a total noob. I rooted my streak perfectly fine with the hopes to get 2.1 on it. But when i try to get the O2 1.6 on it (i have the recently released at&t version) it won't load, and so i tried to go straight to 2.1 update wouldnt work. I have tried the steps on Modaco, Streaksmart, and XDA and nothing has worked. I don't know what i am doing wrong. I need some serious help here. After i load it on my streak and run the update option 2 with 1.6 or 2.1 it just goes back to the original att OS. please some help will be appreciated.

moneytoo

moneytoo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Does the camera flash work on 2.1? I flashed Android 2.1 as soon as I received the devices and I didn't test it on 1.6 so I'm not sure if it's the device or the leaked image.

kibcom

kibcom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:DELL Streak

cant get into market - wont connect to google account saying I dont have network although I am connected via wireless

very frustrating. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Yes, I had this problem. You need to turn off wireless so that you only have 3G or whatever. Then you can log into your Google account or create a new one, as desired.

Once you have done that you can turn wireless back on and everything is fine.

enne91

enne91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:hero
I succesfully updated my streak to 2.1 and now i'm trying to root it but i'm not able cause Win7 never installs drivers after i plug the device..... :huh: so i can't get fastboot...

Is there any other way to root it? universal androot will work?

gingernator

gingernator

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, Dell Streak

I succesfully updated my streak to 2.1 and now i'm trying to root it but i'm not able cause Win7 never installs drivers after i plug the device..... :huh: so i can't get fastboot...

Is there any other way to root it? universal androot will work?

Yep, I used it. You do have to use Androot twice as it'll give an error first time round but when you click root again, it should work.

enne91

enne91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:hero

Yep, I used it. You do have to use Androot twice as it'll give an error first time round but when you click root again, it should work.

Worked fine but at first attempt ;) Didn't need to run it twice, lucky guy I am..... :huh:

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile
Hows the progress with your 2.1 MCR paul ? are you going to wait to see what goodies 7564 brings?

mrsexkey

mrsexkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I update and rooted my US Streak with no issues. I do have a limited market though. cant see protected apps. :huh:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Hows the progress with your 2.1 MCR paul ? are you going to wait to see what goodies 7564 brings?

Yeah!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

parcsalooc

parcsalooc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Yeah!

P

NNNNOOOOO!!!!!! :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users