Photo

19/Aug - Streak 2.1 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

peekofai

peekofai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
So this is what happened to me last night:

I wanted to do a nandroid backup and followed the insuctions in the first post including the amendments regarding ADB

I'd go back to the recovery rom by using the power and two volume keys to only be presented with the same 4 default options.

What I didnt know was that the flash had been succesful every time and that I actually had choose the option to update the device using the update.pkg to see the extra options (including nandroid)

Paul can you please update the instructions and make it clear that this is the case. It took me over and hour to figure that out since I was worried about accidentally restoring using the update.pkg file

CSSL1212

CSSL1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I just got my Streak direct from Dell today, build 4339 oem GAUSB1A110700-EU unlock Sim Free :(

I follow the steps, however, have problem with bootloader mode: when plug the usb to PC but the PC always comes out sounds "do do do" and streak screen is staying at Wait USB..., i know you say (it's a bit temperamental!), so I tried many times with my 2 PCs, my PC installed PC suite, and I also tried after uninstalled suite, but doesn't work anyway. Please help :huh: ;) many many thanks.

CSSL1212

CSSL1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

I just got my Streak direct from Dell today, build 4339 oem GAUSB1A110700-EU unlock Sim Free :D

I follow the steps, however, have problem with bootloader mode: when plug the usb to PC but the PC always comes out sounds "do do do" and streak screen is staying at Wait USB..., i know you say (it's a bit temperamental!), so I tried many times with my 2 PCs, my PC installed PC suite, and I also tried after uninstalled suite, but doesn't work anyway. Please help :huh: ;) many many thanks.

Found the solution from xda!
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=752769
it fact, the error is caused by win7, i follow lufc's instruction and it works! and I got 2.1! :(

ryanl33x1511

ryanl33x1511

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N900, DELL STREA
hello guys, im kinda new in android's world, my old device was Nokia N900 and its linux maemo base, anyway i success flash to 2.1. but whenever boot the first screen was O2...is that the way it is ? or there are actually 2 version, one for O2 and one for generic one, by the way..i bought dell streak straight from DELL Store without activate to ATT.

another question, i managed get to clockworkmod but only can use volume up and down, i cant select using camera button...

i also get
E: cant find MISC;

Edited by ryanl33x1511, 28 August 2010 - 08:19 AM.

ryanl33x1511

ryanl33x1511

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N900, DELL STREA
anybody can help why i cant select on the menu clockworkmod ? i can move up and down but cant select,,i have tried reflash recovery and still not work...tried rom manager and did not boot into clockworkmod

jannism

jannism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak, Nexus One
  • Twitter:@jannism
adb-windows shell (or adb-linux shell or adb-mac shell)
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
exit
exit
I tried the above but I just get "device not found" error following the first bit which means it doesn't understand the mount command. I guess I'm missing something somthing fundamental (a clue!) but I'm in over my head already. Have I missed something simple?

I'm currently on a rooted 7546 build.

peekofai

peekofai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

adb-windows shell (or adb-linux shell or adb-mac shell)
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system && rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh && mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
exit
exit
I tried the above but I just get "device not found" error following the first bit which means it doesn't understand the mount command. I guess I'm missing something somthing fundamental (a clue!) but I'm in over my head already. Have I missed something simple?

I'm currently on a rooted 7546 build.

You're not connected to the device it seems. Make sure you've set the correct drivers (assuming you're running this on windows)

jannism

jannism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

You're not connected to the device it seems. Make sure you've set the correct drivers (assuming you're running this on windows)

Weird, innit? I blatantly am connected to the device (I sometimes have to set the driver manually via device manager first to enable fastboot_mode) when I run the adb command - does it it somehow disconnect immediately after starting the daemon? - when I flash recovery with fastboot the device responds with various messages - recovery done! etc. so I assume it is connected in those instances, too but the whole holding down volume & pressing start button does nothing other than flicker briefly before showing the dell logo (sans lit buttons)

peekofai

peekofai

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Set the drivers manually while you're in recovery mode. That worked for me

jannism

jannism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

I do. I have. I'm worried I'm just going to piss people off now - so many of you have taken the time to try and help and, whilst no expert, I have a reasonable level of understanding of the things that need to be done. I think my unit is genuinely faulty but I cannot raise an issue officially until it's back to running on an officially sanctioned platform...who know, it may even become stable again.*

* Technically, it's never been stable but at least on 1.6 it only crashed occasionally.

Edited by jannism, 01 September 2010 - 04:37 PM.

jannism

jannism

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

while you're in recovery mode

I've just re-read this and I may have misunderstood you. What do you mean by recovery mode if not the very thing that I am unable to get to?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,177 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Added new builds.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

junior_mehra

junior_mehra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:dell streak
Upgraded to 2.1 also superbooted using androot , thanks a ton modaco n finalmoksha :huh:

junior_mehra

junior_mehra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:dell streak
Sory, dp

Edited by junior_mehra, 03 September 2010 - 02:29 PM.

Techneut

Techneut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Everything!
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5
After updating my 00-EU streak to 6267 (the official Dell update), I've tried to perform the following thing:

Put your device in bootloader mode - Unplug the device from your PC, remove the device battery, then replace it and turn device on with the camera button pressed. Select the 'fastboot' text on the top right, wait around 10 seconds then plug the device into your PC. The screen display should change to 'FASTBOOT MODE'. If it doesn't, repeat and retry (it's a bit temperamental!)

However, even after nearly a hunderd tries and timing exactly, I am still waiting for USB connection...
What the heck am I doing wrong? Or, is there another solution for people with red Streaks?
Please, help me. I am stuck.

Techneut®
Are you the dove or the statue?

T_r_i_s

T_r_i_s

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

So this is what happened to me last night:

I wanted to do a nandroid backup and followed the insuctions in the first post including the amendments regarding ADB

I'd go back to the recovery rom by using the power and two volume keys to only be presented with the same 4 default options.

What I didnt know was that the flash had been succesful every time and that I actually had choose the option to update the device using the update.pkg to see the extra options (including nandroid)

Paul can you please update the instructions and make it clear that this is the case. It took me over and hour to figure that out since I was worried about accidentally restoring using the update.pkg file

Wow - thanks for this, been driving me nuts!!!

+1

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:DHD, DZ, SF

Recovery mode? Do you mean ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.01 mode? What driver did you use? Android ADB Interface, Android Bootloader Interface or Android Composite ADB Interface?

I am also getting the error: 'error: device not found'.
I have tried it from:
1. Fully booted up with the usb cable plugged in(it asks me to mount usb but i dont) with all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface
-Android Bootloader Interface
-Android Composite ADB Interface

2. Fully booted up with the usb cable plugged in(it asks me to mount usb and i press yes) with all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

3. From ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.01 modewith all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

4. From Fastboot mode with all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

I need to do this mod as my stock 2.1 keeps rewriting the stock recovery image over ClockworkMod

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile

Recovery mode? Do you mean ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.01 mode? What driver did you use? Android ADB Interface, Android Bootloader Interface or Android Composite ADB Interface?

I am also getting the error: 'error: device not found'.
I have tried it from:
1. Fully booted up with the usb cable plugged in(it asks me to mount usb but i dont) with all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

2. Fully booted up with the usb cable plugged in(it asks me to mount usb and i press yes) with all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

3. From ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.01 modewith all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

4. From Fastboot mode with all three drivers:
-Android ADB Interface

I need to do this mod as my stock 2.1 keeps rewriting the stock recovery image over ClockworkMod

stop it from writing over the clockwork...
get root ..

using rootexplorer go to /system/etc then mount r/w and delete install-recovery.sh

follow my other instructions for flashing the clockwork recovery from shell direct on the streak
no need for drivers then..

with a rooted device..
copy the recovery image to the sdcard

install and open terminal emulator (unless that one can't do root) in which case better terminal emulator (paid app) which is frankly *better*

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/whateveryoucalledtherecovery.img
reboot

while its rebooting hold down both volume keys

Edited by fards, 03 September 2010 - 09:05 PM.

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:DHD, DZ, SF

stop it from writing over the clockwork...
while its rebooting hold down both volume keys

Cheers fards!!
Anyone know what the deal is with the three side lights? they dont light up except to flash every so often?!

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile

Cheers fards!!
Anyone know what the deal is with the three side lights? they dont light up except to flash every so often?!

kernel/baseband mismatch I think..

you need the same baseband as the boot.img

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users