Verizon i910 Official Roms

Guest ElricRaleigh

Guest ElricRaleigh

Sorry to be such a noob. I am searching for information on all official rom updates for the Samsung i910 omnia. I am currently using CFO3. I want to know what changes have been made to the more recent updates such as DC22 and DF14. Can anyone direct me to a list of the changes? I have downloaded DC22. I will download DF14 which appears to be the most current according to Samsung's web page. Thank you very much.

Guest lioryte

Damn, you're right! DF14 seems to be the latest coming out yesterday...

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/s...l_name=SCH-I910

Looks like only 2 changes from DC22 to DF14

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-I910, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes numerous software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.

Qualcomm patch is applied to address Intermittent EV-DO Rev A MAPE Failure in Good Coverage.

CR 80-N1047-1 A Intermittent EV-DO Rev A MAPE Failure in Good Coverage [CR225794] .

*sign, cursing* back to the old drowing board. Building new kitchen, trimming, etc. Hopefully I can make a new kitchen by the end of the w/e

Edited by lioryte

Guest lioryte

ROM version is the same as DC22, only the modem has been upgraded meaning that an updated DF14 ROM phone is 100% comp. with ANY DC22 ROM

To check the software version on the handset, click Start > Settings > System > Version

The ROM version should show S:i910.10 V.DC22.20961

The Modem version should show S:i910.10 V.DF14

Guest The Eleven
ROM version is the same as DC22, only the modem has been upgraded meaning that an updated DF14 ROM phone is 100% comp. with ANY DC22 ROM

To check the software version on the handset, click Start > Settings > System > Version

The ROM version should show S:i910.10 V.DC22.20961

The Modem version should show S:i910.10 V.DF14

My modem version ends in DF08. What does that mean?

Edited by The Eleven

Guest lioryte

Probably nothing, I got those numbers from the upgrade website... Anyhow, any noticeable improvements with call quality?

Guest kevkavalier
Probably nothing, I got those numbers from the upgrade website... Anyhow, any noticeable improvements with call quality?

Not really.....my signal still sucks at home and at work. Really a tower issue I guess. Can you hear me now? No, not enough signal.

Guest kevkavalier

It means that the touch screens aren't the only problem with these omnias. Shame It took them over a year and a half to figure this one out.

Guest The Eleven

Hard to tell. I'll keep you posted.

Guest nickmo20

DF08 was the DC22 modem Version, with the original DC22 update... now with DF14 its still the DC22 but with an updated modem stuff... so by calling it DF14 it helps differentiate the ROMs to avoid confusion... with DC22 ROM, you'r modem is DF08 but with DF14 its version DF14...

Guest kevkavalier
is it safe upgrade it? i'm using storm cooked rom com 5 for dc22, is it safe to upgrade to df14?

I upgraded to the df14 and reflashed to Storm's com 5 flo-tan for DC22 (23566) and all worked well. So far so good.

Edited by kevkavalier

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jraynor

Glad to see so many recent posts looks like there getting hard to find along with new roms.

I also agree with lioryte also thanks for your roms i previously used them for awhile.

Just some more info:

Wm 6.1 pro CE OS 5.2.20961.1.1.5.1

Rom version s:i910.10 V.DC22.20961

Modem Version s:i910.10 v.DF14

Memory 97.14

Theres 18 home screen widgets and 47 "programs" under the program file

I recommend the upgrade, although it gains on average 1 bar at best, the overall call quality seems much more stable/clear!

I installed on Win 7 64 bit, it froze twice but i was able to complete 3rd time.

After i installed dc22 rom w/no problems:

DMCNADO'S DC22 M2D ROM (BUILD 23557) @omnia rom

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...amp;PROD_ID=561

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dbsimms63

I thought I was going nuts today when I found DF14, glad to see I'm not alone in that NO OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM VERIZON letting me know about the update, bastards!

I have been having a hell of a time dropping my internet when tethering, so hopefully this will cure the problem(fingers crossed).

Guest smashedpumpkins
I thought I was going nuts today when I found DF14, glad to see I'm not alone in that NO OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM VERIZON letting me know about the update, bastards!

I have been having a hell of a time dropping my internet when tethering, so hopefully this will cure the problem(fingers crossed).

When I max out my connection it still drops me. I downgraded from a custom rom to the original package with 6.1 and my phone runs 10 times better.

hey guys , your not alone thats why i try to spread the news about the DF14 update, just post it wherever you dont see it written haha

As for "downgrading" a few people are doing that in fact i have thought of it myself, but some new builds are ALOT more responsive.

If anyone on here wants to help i am thinking of buildings some new roms off the new update.

Heres a link to a stock rom with suggested apps, you might find helpful

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...d-flash-aholic/

I tried to install the update and it is saying that i am already running the most reacent software and will not update, I am running

Rom Ver S:i910.10 V.Storm

modem Ver S:i910.10 V.DC08

anyone know of a work-a-round this issue

Edited by dlitten

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tamgo104

I am very new to omnia i910 & to this forum

Currently I have the following version

ROM version 10.BJ28.20276

Mode version 10 V.BJ18

I read the forum but couldn't figure out the answers for following

1) Can I upgrade to DF14? (I was told only CF03 can be upgraded)

2) Does DF14 unlock the GPS?