RadioTime

Guest PaulOBrien

radiotime1.pngradiotime2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

RadioTime

What they say

Enjoy the largest selection of radio in the world, now with more than 30000 stations streaming live. You'll find hundreds of music formats, talk personalities, national networks like BBC, NPR and SWR, podcasts, live sports, news, weather, even scanners.

What we say

This is a cool app with a simple UI that disguises powerful functionality. My favourite feature is the 'Local Radio' button which geolocates you and shows local stations, great for when you're in a strange place and you want local radio! Add in 'presets', schedule viewing, recommendations and more and you have a great application.

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION / ACCESS_MOCK_LOCATION / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / INTERNET / READ_PHONE_STATE

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

radiotime.qrcode.png

Price

$1.99

Market star rating at time of writing

4.12 (1246 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

Also check out AOnlineRadio and Wunder Radio.

Suggested improvements for the next version

Radio recording for later playback please! ;)

Have your say

Fan of RadioTime? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :huh:

Guest artesea

Paul are you able to get any of the BBC stations to work? No matter which software I use I get a Stream Error when trying (Nexus One r21).

Hoping to find a way to listen to 6 Music without the need to get out of bed and turn on the DAB.

Guest manesha
Paul are you able to get any of the BBC stations to work? No matter which software I use I get a Stream Error when trying (Nexus One r21).

Hoping to find a way to listen to 6 Music without the need to get out of bed and turn on the DAB.

beebplayer is the best BBC radio player, in my experience. Though its no longer in the market, so you will need to find it elsewhere.

On another note, does anyone know of a radio app that allows recording (there's plenty on the iPhone, so I'm surprised there isn't for droid).

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like RadioTime has disappeared although an Ad-Supported version called TuneIn Radio (made by RadioTime) is there.

Been able to play all the BBC stations I want which made this app 5* for me. Just a shame my "unlimited" data is only 500mb and my car journey goes through large patches of 2G only coverage, else it would be 6 Music to and from work each day.