ExpressoMod / EspressoBar

Guest tigris666

Guest tigris666

Can someone clear up the expresso v espresso mod confusion for me please?

My understanding based on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755026

ExpressoBar is the mod that gives you the black bar at the bottom of the screen, as opposed to the curved HTC one. Am I correct in thinking this modifies rosie.apk, and may not work with Paul's options in the kitchen?

EspressoMod (note the Es not Ex) is a collection of various mods, including the above as well as other nice ones like circle battery etc.

One confusing thing for me is, the link above states that EspressoMod (the collection) includes BlackEspressoMod, which I can't find anything about?

Lastly, I know you can flash all these .zip mods on using the ROM manager. I've not given it a crack yet, is there an easy "undo" if it overwrites system files and you don't like the "mod"? And am I right in thinking that if you can flash them on with ROM manager, then you can also bake it to Paul's kitchen using his custom zip uploader?

sorry for tldr, pretty new to all this, but slowly getting there

Guest tigris666
ExpressonBar is a clear bar for the bottom - I want just this mod as it looks a lot better than the sense bar

ExpressoBar (no n) by itself can be found on the xda forums, you need to be registered/signed in to download attachments though. I'm just not sure how it integrates with Paul's version of rosie.apk, especially on froyo, so YMMV.

Guest EddyOS

I'm on XDA, been there for months from my HD2 days and now in the Desire forum (same username as here)...I know it's there just don't know if anyone tried it with an MCR r8 ROM yet (it seems you get other silly mods like crappy circle battery, etc) or is that the EspressoMod?

And yeah, n was a typo!! :huh:

Guest miguelsanchez79
ExpressoBar (no n) by itself can be found on the xda forums, you need to be registered/signed in to download attachments though. I'm just not sure how it integrates with Paul's version of rosie.apk, especially on froyo, so YMMV.

@ EddyOS

Just flash that zip and it will give you nice EspressoBar mod only (no funny coloured icons, no notification bar mod)

Works like charm on r8 RC1

:huh:

Link on premium account so should last a while:

http://rapidshare.com/files/414845458/Espr...signed.zip.html

screenshot:

post-467856-1282659364_thumb.png

Edited by miguelsanchez79

Guest EddyOS

Just flashed one bar mod and only got a bloody circle battery!! No nice bottom bar!!

I'll try that one, thanks :huh:

EDIT: It's not the black clock, transparent notification hood etc? JUST the bottom bar yeah?

Edited by EddyOS

Guest miguelsanchez79
i would like the notification bar aswell but i dont like the icons :huh:

It would be great if anybody could provide a link to notification bar only. I do remember one which I liked with small peeping droid in the corner but cannot find it anywhere.

Guest vinnyutd6899
It would be great if anybody could provide a link to notification bar only. I do remember one which I liked with small peeping droid in the corner but cannot find it anywhere.

I am looking for this as well, just the drop down only with the little androids peeping out.

Guest miguelsanchez79
I am looking for this as well, just the drop down only with the little androids peeping out.

I think I found it. Check this out:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760936

There is plenty of options of that mod (includind standard battery icon)

It does work with r8.

Guest miguelsanchez79
Which one is just the drop down?

I think the one called Dr.droid-original batteryicon.zip (2.56 MB, 32 views) but Im not sure.

Nandroid just in case so you can revert anytime.

I went for Dr.Droid version 2.3-THE BEST.zip (coloured icons)

bear in mind these mods might wipe your APN settings.

Guest thephreak

OMG dont try Dr.droid-original batteryicon.zip is give collourd icons and dont try Dr.droid-original battery espressomod.zip aswell it suck even more ;) now i have to instal rom again damn :(

but i know these to dont work for me :huh:

Guest Elemetrix

Installed the EspressoBar and BlackEspressoMod on my R8 ROM and it looks great.

Don't like the cell network icon though as it isn't obvious at first that it's on emergency only. Circle batteyr icon is good though

Guest miguelsanchez79
OMG dont try Dr.droid-original batteryicon.zip is give collourd icons and dont try Dr.droid-original battery espressomod.zip aswell it suck even more :( now i have to instal rom again damn :D

but i know these to dont work for me ;)

Why didn't you nandroid?

If you did you could go back to previous version with no hassle :huh:

Guest tigris666
Installed the EspressoBar and BlackEspressoMod on my R8 ROM and it looks great.

Don't like the cell network icon though as it isn't obvious at first that it's on emergency only. Circle batteyr icon is good though

Any chance you can inform me on what BlackEspressoMod is? It was kind of the whole point to my thread which has kind of been derailed.

Guest thephreak
Why didn't you nandroid?

If you did you could go back to previous version with no hassle :(

cuze i don't know how :$ thats the part where i'm still nob in :D

nvm i found it :huh: backing up as a typ ;)

found this aswell would love to see in theme for android

Edited by thephreak

Guest Chung83

i was wondering, if i dont like it after a while and want to revert it to the original theme is there another way to do it apart from nandroid or reinstalling rom?

I assume if i reinstall the rom, a titanium backup wouldnt revert the mods am i right?

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Nope, titanium will restore settings and apps... the mods are framework based so only way would be make a nandroid with them on or just flash the zip again...