Ext2 or Ext3 ??

Guest Small_Hacker

Guest Small_Hacker

Which one is suggested for LCR 1.8 ?

Is it possible that change from Ext 2 to Ext 3 without wipe all data?

Another question

Wipe SD: ext

means that remove all data in ext partition ?? or Remove the whole partition ?

there is not a "suggested" partition for lcr 1.8.. u could use any. the difference between ext2 and 3 is the journalling capability in 3, but i don't think anyone actually using that on a phone... i don't even have an ext partition on my sd, and it runs really well.. i would suggest that unless necessary, don't tinker around with the filesystems, as the gains u get would be negligible at best- as we are dealing with solid state data storage.

there is not a "suggested" partition for lcr 1.8.. u could use any. the difference between ext2 and 3 is the journalling capability in 3, but i don't think anyone actually using that on a phone... i don't even have an ext partition on my sd, and it runs really well.. i would suggest that unless necessary, don't tinker around with the filesystems, as the gains u get would be negligible at best- as we are dealing with solid state data storage.

So you're saying, you are using apps2sd without having an ext created??? Is that possible? I'm planning to buy an 16GB card but I don't wanna created ext on it, I know it sounds stupid. Just for personal reasons.

Guest gengaro86
I'm planning to buy an 16GB card but I don't wanna created ext on it, I know it sounds stupid. Just for personal reasons.

So it's true, ext partitions are actually able to steal your girlfriend. Boy, watch out, they're bad guys.

Anyway: do not for any reason (unless your life is in trouble or you're dividing by zero) use an Ext3 partition on a storage device "fragile" like a MicroSD, the Journal may actually kill it and burn it with fire.

Use Ext2 which is known to be "solid as a rock" and performs just fine.