Notification LED

Guest Disinform

Guest lbj23numb1
SUCCESS!! ;)

The screen now wakes up, unlocks and flashes the LEDs!

I'll be releasing the .apk soon, just gotta clean it up and crap. :huh:

Awesome man can't wait

Does the light keep flashing after the screen has turned back off? or does the screen stay on till you check your incoming message?

No, the screen will have to remain on.

Or, i could just make it turn on and flash for a few mins, turn back off for a few mins and repeat until you read the message. Will probably cain the battery though.

Hitting a strange FC error message though, i'll try fix it tomorrow :huh:

Personally I like the screen off and just flash the lights. I just want to be able to see that there is a notification and from there I can turn the screen on manually. I think it's better if the lights flash on for a minute, then off, then on again at pre-determined intervals. That way it's an easy visual notification and saves the battery.

Just my 2 cents, either way this app is going to be very cool!

THANKS MELTUS!

:huh:

Edited by EZ44

Guest johnnobts
Personally I like the screen off and just flash the lights. I just want to be able to see that there is a notification and from there I can turn the screen on manually. I think it's better if the lights flash on for a minute, then off, then on again at pre-determined intervals. That way it's an easy visual notification and saves the battery.

THANKS MELTUS!

yeah, not trying to overly criticize your idea, but if the keys only blink when the screen is turned on, why not just have the screen turn on as an indicator for a new message? that will drain battery life no doubt. i think most of us are hoping someone finds a way to activate the lights without the screen having to come on at all.

Guest courtlandre

THANKS MELTUS!

If you've read the previous posts, this is what he is trying to do. He cannot find a way to flash the lights when the screen is off though, so he has the screen turn on.

If you've read the previous posts, this is what he is trying to do. He cannot find a way to flash the lights when the screen is off though, so he has the screen turn on.

Yeah, that's the problem ;)

Even if you lock the screen half way through the little pattern I made they just instantly stop.

I have a few more ideas that i need to test, there may be a way to just unlock the LED buttons with WAKE_LOCK but i doubt it as they seem linked to the screen.

Saying that, that annoying bug on the old 2.1 beta where they kept flashing even did that when the screen was off so there must be a way.

I'm still trying to get rid of this annoying FC error first though :(

I'll keep you posted :huh:

Yeah, that's the problem :(

Even if you lock the screen half way through the little pattern I made they just instantly stop.

I have a few more ideas that i need to test, there may be a way to just unlock the LED buttons with WAKE_LOCK but i doubt it as they seem linked to the screen.

Saying that, that annoying bug on the old 2.1 beta where they kept flashing even did that when the screen was off so there must be a way.

I'm still trying to get rid of this annoying FC error first though :(

I'll keep you posted :)

Ok, i realised you don't need to unlock the screen, so at the moment it just turns on dimmed at the lockscreen and flashes the LEDs, then the screen stays on but dimmed until you unlock it.

Still can't get rid of this damn FC message though :(

I'll release what i've done later (complete with FC message) so you guys can see what i'm on about :P

not working for me :)

try again, i uploaded the wrong .apk to begin with lol ><

Make sure you're running 2.1 (might work on 1.6, i'm not sure) and you're rooted :P

Guest alfonsomm

Make sure you're running 2.1 (might work on 1.6, i'm not sure) and you're rooted :P

Haha ok thanks im rooted on 2.1

Does it switch the screen on when the notification comes?