New/recent 6.5/6.1 very stable/fast rom?

Guest andrew.mazlim

Guest andrew.mazlim

Hello, friends.

I'm looking for new/recent 6.5/6.1 roms, as much as stable/fast can be - and it would be great, if you'll point me "UltraLite" roms with M2Dv2 pre-cooked.

I'm good with my current rom I'm running, but I want to test/use something really new - but fast & stable.

Any ideas?

Thxs.

Guest blade87

Well... That's not possible at all. If Manila is preinstalled, then it won't be an UltraLite ROM anymore. :huh:

I still haven't seen a ROM that has only Manila and nothing else.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Well... That's not possible at all. If Manila is preinstalled, then it won't be an UltraLite ROM anymore. :huh:

I still haven't seen a ROM that has only Manila and nothing else.

Not really, bro.

You DIDN'T CHECK yet, Khuanchai's work!!!! He ALWAYS made UltraLite roms with Manila and NOTHING else "pre-cooked"! Just check his topic, you'll find countless firmwares (UL) with Manila!

(The problem is, Khuanchai - which I'm really respecting him as cheff - STOPPED working in i900, he changed device!!! So, all these roms of him are really old, from the last year...)

"UltraLite" doesn't mean (only) full memory/storage. Means also NO APPS pre-installed! That's all I want. I want an UI (Manila is the best for me), a better looking locking screen app (S2U2) and... nothing else, honestly!!!

All the rest, I can choose myself what to install.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest andrew.mazlim
agree.... want the same rom.... chiefs do you hear us?? :huh:

Well, bro... I guess you, me and... Khuanchai (lol!), we are the only users they like totaly "naked" roms, but with TouchFLO as UI!!!

I don't mind installing M2D myself, but I noticed a strange thing. With the very same "all-in-one" M2Dv2 cab, I CAN'T install M2D properly EVERY single time I'm doing it!!! There are 50-50 chances to install it correctly and running like charm..., or you may have problems!

So, that's why I need an UltraLite rom with M2Dv2 "pre-cooked", tested from the cheff (to working stable/good) and... the rest apps I'll need, they're on me!

Guest andrew.mazlim
I guess you were right... The thread was so far back that I have never seen it... but still it is M2D Classic.

Indeed. That's why I'm not using these any more; I used many of them, last year.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drrkgupta
Well, bro... I guess you, me and... Khuanchai (lol!), we are the only users they like totaly "naked" roms, but with TouchFLO as UI!!!

I don't mind installing M2D myself, but I noticed a strange thing. With the very same "all-in-one" M2Dv2 cab, I CAN'T install M2D properly EVERY single time I'm doing it!!! There are 50-50 chances to install it correctly and running like charm..., or you may have problems!

So, that's why I need an UltraLite rom with M2Dv2 "pre-cooked", tested from the cheff (to working stable/good) and... the rest apps I'll need, they're on me!

Add me in! Please also tell me if you get a good ROM ( 6.1 or 6.5) with only the Manila built in. Cab files are plenty and it is best to install the programs choosing yourself. I always did this in my now bricked i780.

Guest Hammad16

If all you need is a Lite ROM and that too with Manilla. I wud say Cook your own rom with Yonn Kitchen, he has also included the required addons so its pretty easy. Try it :P

Guest drrkgupta
If all you need is a Lite ROM and that too with Manilla. I wud say Cook your own rom with Yonn Kitchen, he has also included the required addons so its pretty easy. Try it :P

I had tried ROM cooking on my old (Now Bricked ) i780 but then ........ :)

so after that I am a bit scared of cooking. Have you tried the Kitchen by Yonn ???

Guest leebates1986
I'm bussy, these difficult days, to earn some cach. I don't have time to spend for "cooking", so...

(I'm pleased with "Eclipse" of OCK's, now).

it takes 10minutes :P

Guest PoisonOmnia
Me too! I like UltraLites and Sense... but Sense's not running in i900s.

Best thing to do is to cook your own, ive recently learnt OSKitchen, and now im using my own custom rom with 24627 as my base, so one of the latest builds, (not found on the current roms here) so far im very impressed, its also really easy to strip away bits you dont want/need.

Guest andrew.mazlim
Best thing to do is to cook your own, ive recently learnt OSKitchen, and now im using my own custom rom with 24627 as my base, so one of the latest builds, (not found on the current roms here) so far im very impressed, its also really easy to strip away bits you dont want/need.

a ) Can you share me that build 24627, unspoiled?

b ) Is it possible to guide me in ("cooking")?

c ) I believe ripping a rom from useless apps is one thing; the other one, placing your own SETTINGS/GRAPHS/etc..., how difficult is it?

Thxs for any reply, mate.

Guest PoisonOmnia
a ) Can you share me that build 24627, unspoiled?

b ) Is it possible to guide me in ("cooking")?

c ) I believe ripping a rom from useless apps is one thing; the other one, placing your own SETTINGS/GRAPHS/etc..., how difficult is it?

Thxs for any reply, mate.

I can indeed, build 24627 includes Office 2010 and Titanium, so its pretty much untouched, I think its from the HTC branch, Ive used LZX compression, its got an 6MB pagepool, and 1024 file Catch, so it should be fine and dandy.

Im not to great with skinning persay, would rather have a functioning rom that a pretty rom anyway.

Hope that helps Andrew, good luck, let me know how you get on.

My Simple Guide: :P

1: Download OSKitchen

2: Download CAB2EXT / turns cab files into EXT files that can later be cooked in (Attached with post)

3: Go here and pick your build from here, (make sure you download and cook in the right one with the correct resolution for the omnia WQVGA 240 x 400)

4: Open OSKitchen, click on "Import" and import the OS build that you have downloaded - that should have imported all the files and put them into the correct folders. (0409, All, Common)

5:In project Settings, this is where you start to build, make sure the Device model is Samsung SGH-I900 - Device Profile should be Default, your SYS build should be the corresponding one you just imported, 24627 ect... - Locas needs to be set to 0409 for english, if you want to cook another language, you need to add more locals for that language, Lastly you need to set the compression ration, I use LZX, as it gives you more room, but can make the rom slower, myself, ive not really noticed to much difference, but the other more quicker option but less storage is XPR, choice is yours

6: SYS packages, this is where you can omit from within the OS build, so if you dont want Titanium, you can remove it, its all self explanitory, just untick what you dont want, you will be given a warning if you remove anything that critical, so make sure that the packages that are 100% needed are ticked, else your rom wont boot, or worse could brick your phone.

7: OEM packeges, drivers, Apps ect, should be left alone, unless you know what your doing.

8: EXT Packages - this is the fun part, with the provided CAB2EXT, put all the cabs you want to cook into your new rom into a folder, select the cabs in CAB2EXT, AND CONVERT TO ext, you can then place the EXT files into the relevent folder, (Yonn_OSkitchen\Sources\Devices\Samsung SGH-i900\EXT Packages) now simply tick the ones you want to add to your rom, and they will be cooked in when you build.

9: Advanced Tweaks, are where you can modify the Welcome screen, and also were you can set the pagepool, and File Catch, its up to you what you decide is best for your individual rom.

10 : Click on Start Build and your done, if you have any errors, its likely you have included a package that is corrupt, or you have EXCLUDED a critical SYS package in 6:

CAB_Converter.exe

Guest andrew.mazlim

What can I say, mate...? MEGA-HUGE thxs!!!

I may... "COOK" this weekend!

PS: How, in the name of earth, can I INCREASE/DIGREASE the PagePool?

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest PoisonOmnia
What can I say, mate...? MEGA-HUGE thxs!!!

I may... "COOK" this weekend!

PS: How, in the name of earth, can I INCREASE/DIGREASE the PagePool?

No problem, I hope its understandable.

As in a Liverpool FC fan? YES! I took my girlfriend to the home game against Trabzonspor recently.

As for the pagepool, you can simply input the number you want, same with File System Catch.

Guest andrew.mazlim
No problem, I hope its understandable.

As in a Liverpool FC fan? YES! I took my girlfriend to the home game against Trabzonspor recently.

As for the pagepool, you can simply input the number you want, same with File System Catch.

Thxs, again!

Indeed, brother! As "Merseyside RED"! I may living in the "Big City", but my origin is from Merseyside. Of course, I could be an Evertonian %&)^&%$#%(...!!!! Loool!

Jesus! You went "down there", to Turkey..., WITH your lady? That needed serious b*ll*cks, mate - to go into the "wolves nest"! Hahaha...

I missed the Carra's testimonial game, damn it.

Okay for the PP, got it also.

Guest Raheel Anjum
I can indeed, build 24627 includes Office 2010 and Titanium, so its pretty much untouched, I think its from the HTC branch, Ive used LZX compression, its got an 6MB pagepool, and 1024 file Catch, so it should be fine and dandy.

Thanks for sharing ur ROM and guide to make one's own ROM. May be I will find courage to make one for myself. Meanwhile may I ask you a favor to make a ROM with minimum of Stuff e-g no keyboard as I prefer to install swype, no titanium or m2d as I prefer Mobile Shell, no office, no adobe, no S2U2, no backup software, no games, no photo viewer as I prfer Resco photo manager, no. browser as I prefer UC, No GPS software as I prefer Garmin, no extra microsoft stuff like my place, my phone etc. This all with fast XPR compression. The idea is to have a fast ROM with all necessary drivers but with maximum of free space. Programs and utilities can be installed later in my storage. Thanks in advance

Edited by Raheel Anjum