New/recent 6.5/6.1 very stable/fast rom?

Guest andrew.mazlim

Guest Hammad16

I cooked a few ROMs from OS Kitchen with help of Yonn EXTs Database, It really very easy. Hardly a few mins :P And you can get ALL the new WinMo Builds from XDA Chef Section :)

The only problem i had was that i wasnt really able to get my theme set as default while cooking a ROM, tried a Guide by Ock.. Didnt work for me but i guess maybe i made a mistake somewhere. Otherwise stuff is easy :(

Guest andrew.mazlim
I cooked a few ROMs from OS Kitchen with help of Yonn EXTs Database, It really very easy. Hardly a few mins :P And you can get ALL the new WinMo Builds from XDA Chef Section :)

The only problem i had was that i wasnt really able to get my theme set as default while cooking a ROM, tried a Guide by Ock.. Didnt work for me but i guess maybe i made a mistake somewhere. Otherwise stuff is easy :(

Well... THAT's the point to me, not "just" to "cook" a rom. I need to set MY personal themes/graphs, for the default ones.

Guest Hammad16

Well you can always set them default on first boot...... But to cook in Deafult theme should take like an extra10-15 mins to go thru the guide :P

I have seen plenty of guides and ways to set default themes. Just go for the Ocks one, Its very well illustrated and easy. And few good ones also on xda chef central :)

Guest edgarjeoffrey

@PoisonOmnia

i followed your set of procedures and finished cooking the ROM. thanks. however, i'm not sure why i don't have an eboot file in the output folder. i only have the pda.bin. i'm not sure what i did wrong, maybe you can shed some light. the only thing i did differently was using the "blank" osKitchen from xda-dev and i don't know if it will make a diffference.

Guest Dark Dick

thanks for those steps, this kitchen is quite easy to use but i have a little problem after building...

i have used the build option and all files are in the temp dir folder... but there is nothing i can do with EXEcutor, what to do now?

Guest PoisonOmnia
@PoisonOmnia

i followed your set of procedures and finished cooking the ROM. thanks. however, i'm not sure why i don't have an eboot file in the output folder. i only have the pda.bin. i'm not sure what i did wrong, maybe you can shed some light. the only thing i did differently was using the "blank" osKitchen from xda-dev and i don't know if it will make a diffference.

Should still be ok, just use EXEcutor by pako777, click on assemble, find your bin file and click go, should turn your bin file into a flashable EXE, the onle difference to Yonns kitchen is your missing the EXT and oem packages, and the batch file executeCUS that does what the EXEcutor does.

Guest edgarjeoffrey
Should still be ok, just use EXEcutor by pako777, click on assemble, find your bin file and click go, should turn your bin file into a flashable EXE, the onle difference to Yonns kitchen is your missing the EXT and oem packages, and the batch file executeCUS that does what the EXEcutor does.

i tried doing that and i was able to generate the exe file. i flash using grand prix and normally the ROMs i use have the eboot. would it matter if i flash without an eboot? since the oskitchen didn't generate one for me.

i tried the kitchen package from the link you provided but it still didn't give me an eboot. i don't know why. haha!

Guest PoisonOmnia
i tried doing that and i was able to generate the exe file. i flash using grand prix and normally the ROMs i use have the eboot. would it matter if i flash without an eboot? since the oskitchen didn't generate one for me.

i tried the kitchen package from the link you provided but it still didn't give me an eboot. i don't know why. haha!

It never gives me one, and ive flashed a few times now, my first cooked one got stuck at the welcome screen, but that was my own fault for not including all the essential packages, as long as you had no errors while building, i would imagine the worst that could happen would be you need to reflash, I hope it all goes to plan, what build are you using?

Guest edgarjeoffrey
It never gives me one, and ive flashed a few times now, my first cooked one got stuck at the welcome screen, but that was my own fault for not including all the essential packages, as long as you had no errors while building, i would imagine the worst that could happen would be you need to reflash, I hope it all goes to plan, what build are you using?

with that said, i assume it wouldn't matter if you flash without an eboot specified. alright. 'cause i haven't really tried yet doing that. (there's always a first time)

i used 28236 from the link you provided. i also downloaded the 24627 but winrar gave me an error while unpacking it so i didn't give it a try yet. i'm not sure if it's because i used winrar and not 7zip. (i'm using win7 and it wouldn't accept portable apps that's why). one thing i don't understand too is that i use 28236 but whenever i try to view the pda info using EXEcutor it always gives me 20270 as the build number.

-------------

flashed successfully! its runs fine but needs a lot of modifications for its interface.

will be cooking more. :)

thanks for your help. :P

Edited by edgarjeoffrey

Guest cruddasj

Your eboot needs to be the same as the base rom - e.g. You have cooked a ROM on DXID1, then you need the eboot from a DXID1 ROM in your phone or it will not boot.

Once you have it on there, then the second time your flashing, you wont need it as long as it is still the same base. So as long as you keep using the same base, you do not need to flash the eboot every time.

If you release a ROM always include the eboot section. If someone tries to flash from another ROM such as MSHJ1 and you have made a DXID1 ROM then the eboot section won't match and there phone will brick.

Your kitchen should generate a PDA.bin file. You get the eboot from disassembling an original samsung ROM. Just add it together with the PDA part using executor.

Guest Dark Dick

Can someone help me please!

When I press build, it builds the rom and I do not get any error messages. But I do not get any bin files? What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

In Temp folder I just get a lot of directories and other files.

Greets

Dick

Guest edgarjeoffrey
Your eboot needs to be the same as the base rom - e.g. You have cooked a ROM on DXID1, then you need the eboot from a DXID1 ROM in your phone or it will not boot.

Once you have it on there, then the second time your flashing, you wont need it as long as it is still the same base. So as long as you keep using the same base, you do not need to flash the eboot every time.

If you release a ROM always include the eboot section. If someone tries to flash from another ROM such as MSHJ1 and you have made a DXID1 ROM then the eboot section won't match and there phone will brick.

Your kitchen should generate a PDA.bin file. You get the eboot from disassembling an original samsung ROM. Just add it together with the PDA part using executor.

i get it. thanks for clarifying. i actually thought of doing that, i just wasn't sure if eboots are also customized and will only work with the ROM you cooked or like what you said. good thing i can simply extract it from original ROMs. :lol:

Guest edgarjeoffrey
Can someone help me please!

When I press build, it builds the rom and I do not get any error messages. But I do not get any bin files? What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

In Temp folder I just get a lot of directories and other files.

Greets

Dick

did it give you a prompt that it's done building the ROM? if not then maybe you just need to wait. it happened to me too and it took it's time before giving me that prompt. after that you shouldn't see the temp folder anymore, only the bin file in the output folder.

Guest andrew.mazlim

:lol: I love it, how a simple thread about asking an opinion, turned to a COOKING TOPIC!!! Love it!... Keep it up, lads.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

Guest Dark Dick
did it give you a prompt that it's done building the ROM? if not then maybe you just need to wait. it happened to me too and it took it's time before giving me that prompt. after that you shouldn't see the temp folder anymore, only the bin file in the output folder.

After pressing build... it copies some files, then it says "Idle...." and nothing happens, even the Stop button is grayed out. I will give it some more time. I will try again and let you know. Thanks for now.

... and now im using my own custom rom with 24627 as my base, so one of the latest builds, (not found on the current roms here) so far im very impressed, its also really easy to strip away bits you dont want/need.

Hi PoisonOmnia,

As your suggestion I've tried your 24627! I don't know how you did this but is very nice, clean, fast, a huge memory!

Congrats on this one!

I been looking for long time to find the unlocking the screen from EndCall button!

Some guys mentioned that this is not possible in Win 6.5.... only in 6.1

In this 24627 this hardware functionality is running!

I've combined with different stuff just to go for my needs & I think that this is going to be the ROM for many months ahead.

Thank you for sharing!

Guest Pera Kojot
:) I love it, how a simple thread about asking an opinion, turned to a COOKING TOPIC!!! Love it!... Keep it up, lads.

Somehow I prefer original idea of this thread :lol:. I find my self with first WinMo phone and I dont have realy time to get in cooking business. Right now I need usable phone and that means Omnia with NET 3.5, Flash 3.1, GPS Xtra (update over Wi-Fi) and maybe with 6.5.X because is more finger frandly. It seems like easy choice but.....

My phone part is RNHG8 and I dont have complaints on it. Now PDA part is little tricky. Of course all cooked ROMs here have new versions of Net and Flash, but there is some issues that are not so clear for me (after reading hundreds and hundreds pages hire). First, if I understand right, finger mouse dose not work in WM6.5? Or is it depending on specific ROM? Second, 3G and photo contacts are dependent on version of dealer app and photo menager (in case of HTC Photo menager that is part of Manilla). Some WM6.5 ROMs have problem with locking screen with "end call" button. There are few issues but right now I am to sleepy to recall tham all.

So, before I go to sleep, is there a fast and stable ROM that have NET3.5, Flash 3.1, GPS Xtra and if is possible with new version of apps ported from OmniaLite or OmniaPro? Shell, themes and icons are not important because i still have to tweak phone to change sound level, SMS and ringtone storage etc.

Edited by Pera Kojot

... build 24627

Good evening PoisonOmnia,

I've tested your 24627 built and I was impressed!

Thank you for sharing!

I was looking for a long time to unlock my device from st-by mode by EndCall button, on WM 6.5.x.

Finally I've got yours. Could you tell me if there is a registry trick to do that?

The help is very appreciated