Help needed HTC Legend

Guest Hessian

Guest Hessian

Just got this phone two weeks ago, everything worked fine. I haven't dropped it, or modified anything(i wouldn't know how anyway). Last night it was working one second then for some mysterious reason the screen decided to stay black. I know its on because the notification led still flashes, and it still recieves calls(except I cant pick up because the screen stays black). So I took the battery out put it back in, and hit the power button. I heard the startup sound but it stayed black for awhile, then my home screen popped up. Sweet I thought it was fixed so I made a call, working fine. Then once the screen went black again I couldnt get it back.

I have read about the factory reset, but it doesn't help because I can't see anything. Any help would be very appreciated, I obviously need my phone running asap, and I'd rather not return it if I don't need to.

Guest borgfather
Just got this phone two weeks ago, everything worked fine. I haven't dropped it, or modified anything(i wouldn't know how anyway). Last night it was working one second then for some mysterious reason the screen decided to stay black. I know its on because the notification led still flashes, and it still recieves calls(except I cant pick up because the screen stays black). So I took the battery out put it back in, and hit the power button. I heard the startup sound but it stayed black for awhile, then my home screen popped up. Sweet I thought it was fixed so I made a call, working fine. Then once the screen went black again I couldnt get it back.

I have read about the factory reset, but it doesn't help because I can't see anything. Any help would be very appreciated, I obviously need my phone running asap, and I'd rather not return it if I don't need to.

I have a rooted legend and cant remember well how the boot was before rooting but wat you can try is :

hold down "volume down" wile booting up your phone

select factory reset / clear memory

if it doesn't work you can always try to reflash it with the original rom

i'll post the link as soon as i found it

good luck