Network Lock After Rooting

Guest TheMrMay

Guest TheMrMay

I have used the usual method of rooting a Hero, it's has worked successfully 3 times in the past.

However, this Orange-locked Hero with an Orange sim card now shows a Network Locked message on startup (it didn't before the root.)

Any ideas what this could be? I've seen nothing on the forum about it, or the internet. Hmm...

Guest byakkotai
I have used the usual method of rooting a Hero, it's has worked successfully 3 times in the past.

However, this Orange-locked Hero with an Orange sim card now shows a Network Locked message on startup (it didn't before the root.)

Any ideas what this could be? I've seen nothing on the forum about it, or the internet. Hmm...

Flash a different radio version than the one that you have. That's probably the problem. You probably have the one ending in .11 which doesn't work with Orange SIMs. The best one for Orange IMO is the one ending in .14. I think they have it over at xda.

Apologies for the ambiguity and lack of links.

Guest byakkotai
Flash a different radio version than the one that you have. That's probably the problem. You probably have the one ending in .11 which doesn't work with Orange SIMs. The best one for Orange IMO is the one ending in .14. I think they have it over at xda.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzkgwommrnh

Done

Guest TheMrMay

This was the issue, and it's now fixed. Thank you, you beautiful person.