53 replies to this topic

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:motorola 9457
  • Twitter:@Mone
How do I get the swype keyboard working again? This is my only problem with this so far. I have went into settings/personal/Input and set it to swype but the keyboard still wont run it. I have done it several times with no luck. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong. Also how do I restore the phone to the original ROM if I would like to? Tried the update but no go. New to this stuff and just trying to get it all.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

How do I get the swype keyboard working again? This is my only problem with this so far. I have went into settings/personal/Input and set it to swype but the keyboard still wont run it. I have done it several times with no luck. Pretty sure I am doing something wrong. Also how do I restore the phone to the original ROM if I would like to? Tried the update but no go. New to this stuff and just trying to get it all.

If you want to use the swype keyboard with this rom, open up an app that uses the keyboard (like messaging or notepad or even file explorer) and click/hold on the keyboard icon at the bottom center of the screen. When the menu pops up choose swype.

If you want to go back to the original SAMSUNG stock rom, you will need to do the original update (january) first before the latest one (april) as it will say you already have the latest update. What it is saying is that DC23 is already in there and you don't need to update, so if you REALLY do want samsung original stock rom, you have to use official rom .exes not OCTANs.

Before you jump to stock, try my ZeroStock rom, I think its better.

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

If you want to use the swype keyboard with this rom, open up an app that uses the keyboard (like messaging or notepad or even file explorer) and click/hold on the keyboard icon at the bottom center of the screen. When the menu pops up choose swype.

If you want to go back to the original SAMSUNG stock rom, you will need to do the original update (january) first before the latest one (april) as it will say you already have the latest update. What it is saying is that DC23 is already in there and you don't need to update, so if you REALLY do want samsung original stock rom, you have to use official rom .exes not OCTANs.

Before you jump to stock, try my ZeroStock rom, I think its better.

I am not jumping just yet, I just wanted to know how to get the phone back to stock in case I need to take it in for warranty stuff or the like.
Is there any way to get the keyboard to default to swype?
Where do I get the Samsung Janurary ROM?

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

What it is saying is that DC23 is already in there and you don't need to update, so if you REALLY do want samsung original stock rom, you have to use official rom .exes not OCTANs.

Where will I find the Official .exes and how do I go about getting it to work if it says the latest update is installed?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Where will I find the Official .exes and how do I go about getting it to work if it says the latest update is installed?

I uploaded the january .exe a while back

it comes in two parts:

http://www.4shared.c...20_V10047z.html

This is the DC23 update (the large 400+MB files):
http://www.samsung.c...amp;tab=support

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

it comes in two parts:

Thanks much. Loading ZeroSense right now

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

it comes in two parts:

Sorry to be a pain. What is the file extension supposed to be on the Janurary .exe files? I stripped out the .001 and .002 and made the .7z files but when I try to open them I get the file format may be wrong or the files are corrupt. Any ideas?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Sorry to be a pain. What is the file extension supposed to be on the Janurary .exe files? I stripped out the .001 and .002 and made the .7z files but when I try to open them I get the file format may be wrong or the files are corrupt. Any ideas?

they are two parts to ONE file. don't change anything, just use 7zip to decompress the first file, and it will automatically follow through to the second file.

You should update to DC23 before flashing a custom rom btw.

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

they are two parts to ONE file. don't change anything, just use 7zip to decompress the first file, and it will automatically follow through to the second file.

Sorry. I did understand that there were 2 files that made up 1 complete file. The problem that I had was I was trying to use WinRAR to open the files. I had read on here some where before that it could be done that way. But downloaded 7zip and all is good. Also, I had flashed DC23 before doing the new flashes. Thanks for your patience with this here, working on my ignorance, newb.

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Wont let me run them because it wont allow reinstall. Damn!

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Wont let me run them because it wont allow reinstall. Damn!

right, like I said before, you must run the first update and THEN the april update if you want to go back to official stock.

No worries, we were all new to this at one time or another.

blankend

blankend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

right, like I said before, you must run the first update and THEN the april update if you want to go back to official stock.

No worries, we were all new to this at one time or another.

Yeah, I know. I tried to run the Janurary update first and it says the tool does not allow the installation. So I am stuck from here.

the sandman

the sandman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i920
Any new progress with this rom?

Samsung Omnia II i920

mdkpnj

mdkpnj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I920
Great ROM. Sense runs nicely - no lag at all, and available RAM is good to. :P
Is there a way to go back to the 4x4 program grid instead of 3x3? How do you get to all programs, or just use WinMo default for programs that are not quick links?

Have not tried everything yet, but so far no issues.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Yeah, I know. I tried to run the Janurary update first and it says the tool does not allow the installation. So I am stuck from here.

try flashing my v1 rom in my base/lite thread, then try the update. I think that is how I did it before.

No progress on this rom as of yet, I don't know what to change. I can look into the 4 across vs. the 3 across icons.

this rom isn't all that functional as far as sense goes, but it runs pretty smooth. It has more ram, because I removed a lot of sense stuff.

Can you guys suggest fixes for the sense part of this rom? I want it to be minimal, but not at the cost of functionality.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
If I can figure out the opengl thing from GinKage, Chainfire, and NuShrike I can get a better running Sense rom.

Edited by amdzero, 05 September 2010 - 06:07 PM.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx
Indeed, they hold the key.

X

If I can figure out the opengl thing from GinKage, Chainfire, and NuShrike I can get a better running Sense rom.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Indeed, they hold the key.

X

new beta comming in a day or two. If vzw/samsung don't release that new update, I'll also update my lite/base roms as well. They are tested, just don't want to release DC23, and then turn right around and release ANOTHER.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx
There is no Verizon update bro. Release away. :P

new beta comming in a day or two. If vzw/samsung don't release that new update, I'll also update my lite/base roms as well. They are tested, just don't want to release DC23, and then turn right around and release ANOTHER.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

jbr05ki

jbr05ki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia DEUX (i920)
  • Twitter:@jbr05ki
I'm down to try an updated lite/base rom!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users