Heartbeat 2.1 Custom ROM

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

heartbeattitle.png

Yo, This is my attempt at a custom ROM for the Pulse. Heartbeat (yup, pretty original) is based of flibblesan's Community Custom ROM based on T-Mobile UK 2.1 ROM, so you will need the UK update installed. For further information on the process Click Me!

This ROM is currently in development and while it is stable on my pulse it may not be on your own.

Requirements:

You must be updated to the Official 2.1 UK Update, while it may fit on other 2.1 updates it was created to work on the UK one and will be most stable.

Credits:

flibblesan for the community ROM and my inspiration,

Azurren for his awesome guide which got me where i am today,

ogiogi for his work on the Elegance framework

Fusion0306 for his wonderful boot animation

paul for his awesome sauce odex script

You can make whatever variation that you want to this ROM as long as you give credit where its due.

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

Newest Update:

Heartbeat_V1.1

To install this ROM you must flash it through recovery.

Click To Download

Older Versions:

Heartbeat_V1

Click To Download

Warning:

There isn't any Web browser installed so you will have to download a replacement, i currently use Opera Mini it is very fast and highly capable.

Features:

+Odexed ROM giving you upto 55.25MB free space

+Improved system loading times

+Eliot Stocker's Music Mod

+Original 2.1 Messenger App

+Custom Boot Animation

+Elegance Framework

+LauncherPro

+SuperUser

+ROMManager

+EStrongs File Explorer

+Barnacle WiFi Tether

And others that i can't remember. :huh:

Removed:

-Android Launcher

-Browser

-File Manager

-Dialer

And others that i can't remember. ;)

Add-on's:

+LauncherPro Custom Dock Icons (Designed for Elegance)

To use, you must unzip the icons in a separate folder in your MicroSD root.

Custom LauncherPro Icons

Issue's

+After installation pressing the browser shortcut on LauncherPro cause's LauncherPro to ForceClose

Screenshot's

screenshotye.pngscreenshot2bq.pngscreenshot3xl.png

Your Help Is Needed!

I've got some ideas on where to proceed with this ROM but require your input.

Should I?

+Look for more interesting APK replacements that are also lighter.

P.S I won't be removing Set-up Wizard as it cause's to many problems when removed

Please Comment and leave any advice you deem fit.

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Your Help Is Needed!

I've got some ideas on where to proceed with this ROM but require your input.

Should I?

+Odex my .apk

+Strip the system down (no developer tools)

+Give up and leave it at V1 :huh: ;)

Please Comment and leave any advice you deem fit.

Yes

Yes

Nope :(

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
Yes

Yes

Nope :huh:

Thanks i was going to odex my ROM anyway but its best to make sure the public gets what the public wants,

the removal of developer tools is probaly not going to happen as it takes up such a small space.

YAY positivity! ;)

Thanks for your input.

OP

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Guest grantpe

I've been using FLB since it got to v1.0 beta1, but dislike Astro for file management and prefer EStrongs File Explorer, so I'll be trying your ROM next, just doing an FLB update and nandroid backup first!

OK, just loaded it. 2 little things I would change (I wouldn't call them dislikes, but that make me wonder if I'll change from FLB yet):

1) Don't use spaces in your ROMs file name. ROM Manger doesn't like it! Underscores etc are fine, but not spaces! Renaming the file is easy, but really shouldn't be needed!

2) Live wallpapers! I've got slightly addicted to being able to have them! Not a major thing, just a nice thing to have.

Edited by grantpe

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

thanks for your replies people. the reason why i took out the live wallpapers is because they use a lot of space, but once I've odexed my ROM i will put them back in 'kay. Out of all the file managers to me personally EStrongs is the best while others can be better EStrongs seem to be the easiest to use. However if people what it to change i will consider it.

P.S fixed the ROM's name now 'Heartbeat_V1' :huh:

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
I also like Estrongs. If people don't like it then it's easy enough to uninstall.

Not exactly my ROM has it placed in system/app/ which stop it from being uninstalled howeveri will move it and launcherpro in to data/app/ so they can be uninstalled and replaced.

Warning if you dont install another launcher style app before uninstalling Launcher Pro it will cause major problems for a lack of better word :huh:

Guest grantpe
the reason why i took out the live wallpapers is because they use a lot of space

Given I backed up the various bits from my last FLB ROM, I've just copied Live wallpaper chooser and my favorite live wallpaper back in, I can't complain. Given I like one thats outside the normal pack, then I've saved 1MB (that the size of the package flb has been shipping with!) by only having the wallpaper picker (40KB) and my chosen Maxtrix wallpaper (160KB).

Given all that I can replace the almost anything, and could create my own ROM if i could be bothered, and base it on yours. Honestly, I haven't got time to do so and maintain it, so I'll just keep on changing the one that closest each release!

My biggest annoying with all these ROMs is tha rather tedious nature of having to go through the whole welcome to android etc setup screens. Most of us know how to type, given we're managing to flash these ROMs and have already rooted our phones etc. I take it we could drop these from the ROM and save some space?

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

Yes we can but we choose not to because...i haven't got a reason lol i see what i can do...at the minimum it will require you to add your gmail account through settings other wise android markets FC all the time

P.S ive added live wallpaper picker into the new update coming soon, however there isn't any live wallpaper to use so you will have to put them inside yourself or download them of android market

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

New version of Heartbeat Custom ROM out. Live Wallpaper Picker added but you will need to download your own actual live wallpaper's

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Guest biron_w

I've got v1 and I like it. Seems nice and quick and has no problems. Is there any point in flashing 1.1? I don't need extra space as I have have dalvik-cache on my SD card.

Guest AntonioPT
For best results yes. In fact definitely yes it would really screw up your phone otherwise

I guess it wouldn't screw his phone if he already used Heartbeat v1... But yes, wipe = better :huh:

PS: Why did you remove the browser? :( And doesn't the dialer provide the funcionality of... dialing numbers? :D

Great ROM btw... ;) It's always good to have more choices :D

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
I guess it wouldn't screw his phone if he already used Heartbeat v1... But yes, wipe = better :huh:

PS: Why did you remove the browser? :( And doesn't the dialer provide the funcionality of... dialing numbers? :D

Great ROM btw... ;) It's always good to have more choices :D

Thanks, I removed the T-Mobile style dialer because the the 2.1 equivalent makes a dialer anyway. I removed the Web Browser because I'm currently with T-Mobile and T-mobile have a really strict browsing policy, besides the one you can download are way better. ;)

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Guest OPTICAL BOOM
I wiped dalvik before flashing 1.1 and my phone works fine.

Jolly good, if you have problems don't hesitate to ask for my help and i will try my best to fix it. :huh: