o2 official 2.1 ota

Guest fards

Guest shinset

more details here

http://thereallymobileproject.com/2010/08/...ou-can-win-one/

why isn t DELL pushing 2.1 for their own stock (no carrier) product? sound like its an 02 only custom rom made by 02

just checked comments , the writer will post pictures of this build soon , so we can figured it out if its same as last leaked build with all issues or another and true final build with fixed issue

Edited by shinset

Guest miker71

I would guess that latest O2 8xxx build leak is a Gold Master in that case ...

I'm on the O2 6xxx beta build (can't remember the exact build numbers!) so seems it could be worthwhile flashing to the latest "final" O2 build once it's rooted. Or maybe hang on to see if there is a new MCR build or a Froyo leak, or .... etc

decisions decisions ...

Guest griff_dai
I would guess that latest O2 8xxx build leak is a Gold Master in that case ...

I'm on the O2 6xxx beta build (can't remember the exact build numbers!) so seems it could be worthwhile flashing to the latest "final" O2 build once it's rooted. Or maybe hang on to see if there is a new MCR build or a Froyo leak, or .... etc

decisions decisions ...

If i'm on the 6941 build, will I be able to get this official build OTA or from a link???

I don't feel that capable of going back to the stock rom.

Dai

Guest marra2
If i'm on the 6941 build, will I be able to get this official build OTA or from a link???

Dai

+1 on this

Guest gadjet110

Hope its better than build 8023, i.e. no lagging...

Reverting back to 1.6 now, and awaiting the offical update. Thanks heads up guys..:huh:

Guest griff_dai

Dai

Sorry I meant this one :-)

Guest Paul Brown

I've reverted back to 1.6 awaiting 2.1 OTA, if i dont get it OTA, i'm fine flashing it via recovery.

I hope they sort the volume buttons and icon sizes out on the official 2.1, but i'm seriously doubting it :huh:

Just rang o2. There second tier technical support had no idea of any release being out out for ota.

and??

that's actually suggesting that they know what's going on?

looks like this has gone out as a press release..

Guest jannism

I'm badly need this. Whether it fixes the myriad issues I have (that increasingly appear to be hardware-related) or not it at least should mean I can raise a fault issue with O2.

Guest shinset
I'm badly need this. Whether it fixes the myriad issues I have (that increasingly appear to be hardware-related) or not it at least should mean I can raise a fault issue with O2.

could you elaborate please? what hardware related issue are you talking about ?

Guest jannism
could you elaborate please? what hardware related issue are you talking about ?

Without straying too far off-topic, the sheer instability of the phone running any build is the biggest indicator.

Guest everunman

I went to settings/check for updates and it opened update.zingstaging.com/?version=GAUSB1A120321

and server timed out, hopefully means something is on the cards

Guest Chris J
I went to settings/check for updates and it opened update.zingstaging.com/?version=GAUSB1A120321

and server timed out, hopefully means something is on the cards

I think that means you are on the un-official 2.1 beta that is pointing to the development server. The latest 8023 build of 2.1 (as 1.6) goes to mobileupdate.dell.com

Guest illmatic75
I'm getting excited now.....;)

Only 3 hours 15 mins to go....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA and i thought i was desperate :(

on a different note, why does my profile on the right has a "Warn : 0% thingy" next to it :huh:

Edited by illmatic75

Guest synaptic.flaws
Bet we don't get the ota tomorrow, this is o2 remember , be more like friday if we're lucky ! :huh:

Don't bet too much, it's up now