The new ROM and thread can be found here: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=802893
A custom ROM based on the official swedish U8100 ROM. It may default to swedish but it supports a long list of languages.
If 691.2MHz is to much for your phone (freezes, random reboots etc) then try this update that will lower the clock to 652.8MHz.
Although this ROM is based on an U8100 ROM it propably work fine on most U8110/U8120 phones aswell
1. Flash a recovery image (tested with AmonRA.)
2. Copy the .zip file to your MicroSD card and boot the phone into recovery mode (call+volume-up+power)
3. Choose "Flash zip from sdcard" and choose the zip you just copied. A guide in pictures
4. (optional) Wipe data+cache before rebooting. It may or may not work OK to not wipe data but it's propably best to wipe.A guide in pictures
5. If you skip step 4 because you are upgrading you MUST still clear the dalvik-cache because of JIT being enabled in RLS6.
New in RLS6
- New kernel with overclocking and swap support
- Updated Launcher Pro
- Added JIT
Buy SetCPU in the market if you want to tweak the overclocking (default will use up to 691.2MHz (when needed))
Partition SD card (backup first) in recovery. Boot script will automaticly look for swap partition on sd-card and use it finds one. 32Mb should be enough but 64Mb won't hurt.
- Removed Launcher2
- Removed MyWeather widget.
- Removed TouchPal and AndroidKeyboard
- Removed ServoSearch
- Added Launcher Pro
- Added Home Switcher
- Added MarketAccess
- Added the last flip-clock versionen of Weather widgets (yr.no).
- Added Googles News & Weather app/widget.
- Added HTC_IME & an AndroidKeyboard with Voice input support (also adds VoiceSearch).
- Added busybox with symlinks
- Added nano (texteditor)
- Added bash
- Added my own relocate_apps.sh script that allows moving /data/apps to the SD-card (but breaks USB-mounting).
- Replaced bootanimationen with a Nexus animation I resized for QVGA for another project.
- Replaced Market with a version that fakes HVGA (=more apps)
- Replaced Google Maps with the latest brut.all modded version (= international navigation)
- Replaced RoadSync with the offical upgrade you are allowed to download.
- Adjusted wallpapers in the original launcher to correct sizes and ascpect ratio for a QVGA device. May make them look a bit weird in the original launcher.
- Rooted with Superuser permissions (220.127.116.11)
- Fakes autofocus and more for more apps in the market
- Moved the 25Mb autorun.iso from /data to /system which frees up another 25Mb for apps on /data. This also makes sure USB-mounting doesn't break when you wipe data.
- Bypassed the /system/cust system so wifi should now work on other phones than the Expert Sweden ones.
- Disabled the mobile data warning
- Disabled the forced camera sound when phone is set to "silent".
Edited by kallt_kaffe, 08 October 2010 - 11:01 AM.