03/Sep - FRG33 build info and repacks (stock / rooted / deodexed)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie
Is rooted frf91 after flashing the new rom will lost the root of my device?

Or just wait for the relevant superroot?

Just install one of the rooted ROMs in the first post, if you don't have kitchen access the first one (rooted, deodexed, busybox,trackball alert etc.) looks to be the most useful. If it gives you problems because of the radio update then stick to the rooted without radio further down the list and get the radio update separately.

I'am having a problem flashing the Stock FRG33 to my Unrooted Nexus One, I have also tried without Radio Image in Package. It starts and recognizes it as it is verifying, it says it cannot verify entire update package, or verify the signature. Any kind of update to the Stock Package would be Appreciated it. Thanks

Guest frandavid100

Sorry guys, but I just found out I might NOT be human because I'm unable to solve the riddle and actually download the file. If I click on Paul's first link I get this:

Mxb6b.png

What am I supposed to write in the text box? Entering the text above just gives me a "not found" error.

Guest El Primo
Sorry guys, but I just found out I might NOT be human because I'm unable to solve the riddle and actually download the file. If I click on Paul's first link I get this:

Mxb6b.png

What am I supposed to write in the text box? Entering the text above just gives me a "not found" error.

just click download like i did lol you dont need to write anything...its just an AD :P

Just flashed the rooted frg33 rom with wiped all, and found the charging light doesn't work when system is running, but it just ok when the device is shut down...

Guest londonzombie
Which file? How are you flashing it?

P

Thanks Paul, Your a legend!

PS - Just realised I can just flash this update over the top of my last kitchen rom.... All looks ok so far (Fingers crossed!)

Guest mrcubes2u
not working for me.

tried the passing.zip and it didn't work either.

tried redownloading

tried rooted and unrooted versions.

signature failed verification and "no image or wrong image" messages

Same here. I tried fastboot and recovery and neither worked. I am currently running a non-rooted version of FRG33 and my bootloader is not unlocked. Universal Androot also did not work on FRG33.

Guest Makelegs
Just flashed the rooted frg33 rom with wiped all, and found the charging light doesn't work when system is running, but it just ok when the device is shut down...

I noticed the missing "charging light" last night, too! What's up with that? I guess, if that's the worst problem I've got, I won't complain, but it would be nice to see it reappear.

Guest jing_CN
I noticed the missing "charging light" last night, too! What's up with that? I guess, if that's the worst problem I've got, I won't complain, but it would be nice to see it reappear.

same thing here. I hope to see the charging LED back as well :P not a big problem indeed though...

Guest BilalAkgunduz

Hi I'm a blog writter and i written a topic for frg33. i have a problem for unrooted users. All unrooted users are signature verification failed error. What cause is this error ? thanks for helping

Guest Makelegs

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm currently using "Rooted / deodexed / busybox / trackball alert / FRF91 fingerprint with radio update zip download (recommended): DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 81c3a53f0c0f9a99ebe814bc06da4a42" from the first post. I have been trying all day to flash CM6, but to no avail. Started out using clockwork with ROM Manager. Tried using Amon, also. In every case it looks as though it perceives some error and then aborts the flash. The error report I get in recovery is approximately as follows:

Installing update....

Welcome to Cyanogenmod-6.0.0-N1!

assert failed: getprop("ro.bootloader") =="0.33.2012" l l getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

(status 7)

Installation aborted.

Is it possible that Modaco is somehow not custom-rom "flash friendly"??? Any thoughts or wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I feel like I've tried everything at this point... including making sure that name changes result in "update.zip" (not update.zip.zip).

Guest nexusninja

I installed the version that says to be compatible with trackball alert, update-nexusone-FRG33-rooted-deodex-busybox-ta-fingerprint-radio-signed

it starts to install as its finishing it says deleting files about 20 times, then says complete and asks to reboot. After reboot I am left on the static Nexus X screen ( not the animated X) and thats it nothing else.

So I installed, update-nexusone-FRG33-rooted-radio-signed and it works fine but I wanted to use Trackball Alert... what do you think the issue is?

Guest Makelegs
Makelegs, turn off asserts in ClockworkMod Recovery?

P

Thanks Paul,

Tried flashing the most recent nightly with asserts toggled both ways. No dice.

As an update though... I'm pretty convinced that I have some updated HBoot version that conflicts with the way these CM (and others) updates are packaged. Last night, I came across a thread discussing what is either an identical error report, or a very similar one. According to them.... a few lines of script have to be edited in order to flash the CM update without downgrading the HBoot. Keep in mind..... I merely know how to SPELL hboot. That's the extent of my hboot knowledge. Nevertheless, I was finally able, with the help of THIS THREAD and this DOWNLOAD LINK, to flash over to CM6-Stable. But, since I have no idea how to edit the update scripts, I will continue to be at the mercy of the general development process until these packages are made to inherently accommodate my hboot version (apparently?).

Btw... I have no idea what any of this means. Just doing my best to climb 1 hill at a time, here.

As of now, I have a great backup of the super deodexed/busy/tba/rooted, etc. Modaco FRG33 rom and a recent CM6-stable backup. So at least I'm good for a while.

Love the support on here!

Edited by Makelegs

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to install several times. Each time I get the following message:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted

I downloaded the file several times, each time I get the same error message. All the other zips also give the same error message. What do I need to do to make it work?