kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

hi could you upload the update zip pls

http://www.mediafire...yqpl0rbb5j2eyzg

After I uploaded that version I actually succeeded in deodexing and doing some apktool magic on the calibration app from the original rom, and while it runs, it does not work to calibrate the screen. Basicly the calibration program needs to be compatible with the touchscreen driver in the kernel and I suppose it isn't.

So unless Huwaei release a working calibration app or the source to the kernel then we're out of luck.

Edited by kallt_kaffe, 05 September 2010 - 07:58 PM.

Blog - App

McSpoon

McSpoon

Enthusiast

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab 10.1

So unless Huwaei release a working calibration app or the source to the kernel then we're out of luck.

I'm not sure if this helps but Huawei always leave a hidden engineering app in their ROMs. One of the features looks like a touchscreen calibration tool but I'm not sure if it is. To access the hidden app dial *#*#2846579#*#* then select MMITest_II and it will start a series of tests, such as touchscreen, sensors, etc. I'm not sure if it actually performs touchscreen calibration, it might just generate a report of the inaccuracies, but could be worth a try.

davidluke

davidluke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone 845

I'm not sure if this helps but Huawei always leave a hidden engineering app in their ROMs. One of the features looks like a touchscreen calibration tool but I'm not sure if it is. To access the hidden app dial *#*#2846579#*#* then select MMITest_II and it will start a series of tests, such as touchscreen, sensors, etc. I'm not sure if it actually performs touchscreen calibration, it might just generate a report of the inaccuracies, but could be worth a try.

At least in Vodafone Joy (Huawei U8120) the MMITest_II causes reboot, hoping something new
Another try and "process com.huawei.mmitest" interrupted, forces closes.

Oh s***, in the ProjectMenu tab, we can UPGRADE the Touchscreen firmware... returns "avago-OFN" ...wtf?

Edited by davidluke, 05 September 2010 - 11:32 PM.

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:Pulse Mini with GM0d

FYI: I've made a port of the U8150 to my U8100 and out-of-the-box everything I've tried so far works except Wifi and that the touchscreen is a bit off. I'm going to try to de-odex the tscalibration.apk from the original U8100 ROM and hopefully that will take care of the touchscreen problem. No clue yet to how to get Wifi up and running but I'll let you know if I find a fix for it.

Tested OK:
- USB mounting
- Recieving calls
- Making calls
- Loudspeaker
- GPS
- Compass
- G-sensor
- Camera
- Camera button
- Bluetooth (only tried turning it on, not tried using it)

Tested not OK:
- Wifi fails when trying to start
- touchscreen is off and there is no way to calibrate it (yet)

If you intend to use the roadsync app that was bundled with you original phone you will need to change a bunch of U8150 to U8100 (or U8110 in your case) in build.prop.

just used the link u provided on my u8110 and its pretty much same as flashing img files directly (u have rooted it) no network no wifi no usb no loudspeaker, camera button doesnt work bluetooth turns on but wont connect to anything (tried PC, another phone and bluetooth headset)
my guess, u8100 and u 8110 are in fact alot diferent. while modifying android drivers and apks is out of my reach i will be satisfied with 2.1 for now :P

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

just used the link u provided on my u8110 and its pretty much same as flashing img files directly (u have rooted it) no network no wifi no usb no loudspeaker, camera button doesnt work bluetooth turns on but wont connect to anything (tried PC, another phone and bluetooth headset)
my guess, u8100 and u 8110 are in fact alot diferent. while modifying android drivers and apks is out of my reach i will be satisfied with 2.1 for now :P

Just a thought, have you tried renaming /system/etc/AudioFilterU8110.csv to /system/etc/AudioFilter.csv? Not sure if it helps but it may be worth a try. Still the touchscreen being slightly off was what finally made me go back to 2.1. But considering that all that seems to not work for the U8100 is the touchscreen calibration and the wifi it is a shame that Huawei aren't making an U8100 version. In fact if they publish the kernel source (which I believe they must do due to GPL) we propably could address the touchscreen calibration issue ourselves.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
Btw, renaming UPDATE.APP to UPDATA.APP actually makes it flash the normal way without modifications. Doing it right now. I'll report back.

Report:
- Splash screen now says IDEOS with a logo identical to the bootlogo.
- Wifi is still not working
- Touchscreen is still a bit off
- Signal strength show no connection and calls are not working

Oh, well, was worth a try I guess.

Edited by kallt_kaffe, 08 September 2010 - 10:25 AM.

Blog - App

dragon2611

dragon2611

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
http://code.google.c...yo-vodafone845/

I'm not sure if this could be of any use as it looks like people are working on porting the u8150 rom to the u8120, perhaps if it's similar enough to the u8110/u8100 then anything thats achieved there might also help people here?

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

http://code.google.c...yo-vodafone845/

I'm not sure if this could be of any use as it looks like people are working on porting the u8150 rom to the u8120, perhaps if it's similar enough to the u8110/u8100 then anything thats achieved there might also help people here?

So far they're only flashing the non modified contents of the U8150 rom. That's pretty much what has been done here allready. They are talking about using the pulse mini kernel source but what they really need is the U8150 kernel source (imho). Issues seems to be pretty much the same as when running it on the U8100.

Blog - App

davidluke

davidluke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone 845

So far they're only flashing the non modified contents of the U8150 rom. That's pretty much what has been done here allready. They are talking about using the pulse mini kernel source but what they really need is the U8150 kernel source (imho). Issues seems to be pretty much the same as when running it on the U8100.

Yeah, they are some issues that I can't do anything. The question is to work with original kernel or U8150 kernel, becouse i can't do anything without it.
By now the project is stop waiting also the advance of the Pulse Mini Froyo port :-)

Certainly, i'm DarkPlace (the tester of the U8150 ROM).

Greetings

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
4 new U8150 firmwares released today aswell as two new U8100 firmwares. It would be interesting to see if there are any new stuff in them. What we want is an U8150 release with touchscreen calibration and also it would be useful to know if any of the new U8100 firmwares are Android 2.2.

Blog - App

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
judging by filenames all u8100 new roms are 2.1.

in the filename seek BXXX, froyo have B8XX, eclair got B2XX

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

judging by filenames all u8100 new roms are 2.1.

in the filename seek BXXX, froyo have B8XX, eclair got B2XX

I didn't notice that. Good observation. I don't expect them to be much different than the first U8150 rom but I'm going to download one of them and see if the include a calibration app.

Blog - App

Gjole86

Gjole86

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

I didn't notice that. Good observation. I don't expect them to be much different than the first U8150 rom but I'm going to download one of them and see if the include a calibration app.

so i guess, and im sure they wont and never will include calibration app. just from reason that U8150 have capacitative T.Screen. capacitative touchscreens never need calibration.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

so i guess, and im sure they wont and never will include calibration app. just from reason that U8150 have capacitative T.Screen. capacitative touchscreens never need calibration.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I guess then our only hope is the kernel source.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
I've tried the Australian channel sales version and while it still suffers from exactly the samme issues as before (touchscreen + wifi) it looks like a nice clean release with a full set of languages so if we could only get that damn source we'd be up and running in no time.

Blog - App

jam_p

jam_p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:u8110
Flashed bootloader, system, userdata. Everything was fine except for these problems. Network works fine. Only poorly calibrated screen, but nothing has been cut. Root received after dancing with a tambourine.
Show you how you've fixed the problem with the buttons do not work the camera?

Edited by jam_p, 09 October 2010 - 01:52 PM.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
I've uploaded the U8150 kernel source here: http://www.mediafire...zdbe32b7s4czbbd
Might be a bit faster than getting it from Huaweis slow website.

Blog - App

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982

I've uploaded the U8150 kernel source here: http://www.mediafire...zdbe32b7s4czbbd
Might be a bit faster than getting it from Huaweis slow website.

hi could you make a 2.2 rom for are pulse with this?

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
Here's a beta... report any issues you find (except wifi): http://www.mediafire...t1042xdc0l0zg2s

Blog - App

rickywyatt

rickywyatt

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
  • Interests:Android
    Rom Modding &
    MoDaCo moderator
  • Devices:OneX Samsung S3 LTE Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@rickywyatt1982
no sound network

Remember to read the fourm rules<br /><br />Maker of the AIO tool for Orange San Diego here<br />and the maker of the Motorola Razr I AIO tools here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users