The official O2 2.1 update (build 8105) is here!

Guest Dunhamzzz

Anyone able to post up the recovery image used by this?

I installed the update but got blinking leds so i formatted the streaks partitions to re-flash it and kept getting a message about the software being up to date after everything had been formatted and it refused to apply the update... and then I flashed the older recover image for 2.1 and am getting a black screen -.-

Not sure if this is what you want, but here is the direct link to the download for the update:

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/A...id2.1update.pkg

Try emailing it to yourself and you should be able to upgrade OTA.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just updated my UK O2 Streak from standard 1.6 to the new offical 2.1 and it upgraded but when it reboots it just hangs on the Dell logo and doesn't boot to android. Have tried running the update from the SD card and same thing happens. Any ideas? O2 said it needs to be sent back for repair.

Guest vinokirk
O2 said it needs to be sent back for repair.

FOOLS! (O2 that is!)

If you want to be without your Streak for three weeks then send it back.

If you want it repaired in a few minutes, follow the different guides on this forum!

I dont knwo EXACTLY what to do, but I'd have a go at flashing the stock recovery ROM, the installing a stock 4399 or whatever, ROM. Then flashing a custom recovery then Pauls 2.1 MCR

Edited by vinokirk

Guest gl4swegi4n

I Tried to do the update earlier and now my streak won't work, every time I try to start it up I get this message :-

Android system recovery utility - GAUSB1A110421. To perform an emergency software recovery, you will need to insert a microSD card containing an update file. (/sdcard/update.pkg). To download an update file, and for further instructions, visit http://support.dell.com. Press the Volume down button to power off.

I have visited the Dell website but could'nt find what I was looking for and is it not 02 who are giving out the update. I really am clueless here guys so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Guest everunman
I Tried to do the update earlier and now my streak won't work, every time I try to start it up I get this message :-

Android system recovery utility - GAUSB1A110421. To perform an emergency software recovery, you will need to insert a microSD card containing an update file. (/sdcard/update.pkg). To download an update file, and for further instructions, visit http://support.dell.com. Press the Volume down button to power off.

I have visited the Dell website but could'nt find what I was looking for and is it not 02 who are giving out the update. I really am clueless here guys so any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I posted in this thread this

i transfered the update to sd card and renamed update.pkg and held the vol up and down buttons and powered on, selected the update file and it flashed without a problem this time

Guest ber.a808

i was able to update my ATT streak with the O2 leaked beta 2.1 to the official O2 2.1. It's simple. Simply download the official 2.1, rename it to Update.pkg and copy it to the root of streak's SD card. Hold the volume up and down buttons down while pressing the power button and choose option 2 from the menu that will appear. done.

:P

Guest gl4swegi4n

I posted in this thread this

i transfered the update to sd card and renamed update.pkg and held the vol up and down buttons and powered on, selected the update file and it flashed without a problem this time

[/quote

So I download the update onto my pc and transfer it onto my sd card then put it back in the phone and switch it on?. Where do I download the update from?. Sorry for the hassle but I am new to this, again thanks in advance.

Edited by gl4swegi4n

Guest everunman
So I download the update onto my pc and transfer it onto my sd card then put it back in the phone and switch it on?. Where do I download the update from?. Sorry for the hassle but I am new to this again, thanks in advance.

download from where it says here

The official O2 update, build 8105, is here! :P

The instructions are available here, or download the PKG file directly from Dell or via Mediafire Pro. MD5: 398c9b72837bf042c76562b5ec9bf96c

via: MyDellMini

Transfer to sd card and

# Power on your device with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons pressed. This will give you a menu, where the second option is 'Apply update.pkg from SD card' Select this option (using volume keys and camera button to select).

# When this process completes, your upgrade should be done this is how i did it

Guest gl4swegi4n
download from where it says here

Transfer to sd card and

# Power on your device with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons pressed. This will give you a menu, where the second option is 'Apply update.pkg from SD card' Select this option (using volume keys and camera button to select).

# When this process completes, your upgrade should be done this is how i did it

Thanks for your help but I'm still having problems (I'm sorry about this) I downloaded the update.pkg no problem but my pc can't open the file for me to transfer it. When I drag and drop it onto my sdcard all I seem to be doing is transferring the shortcut. Windows (I have windows 7) says it can't open the file and asks would I like to search the web etc.. Which program/software do I need to open it?

Edited by gl4swegi4n

Guest guru josh

Hi

Just curious to see if anybody had the same issues as me after upgrading to the official build.

Unable to logon to Google via WIFI worked ok over the data connection, also on a power up the unit

on the o2 logo does a little vibrate before the home screen appears ?, and last issue is the signal

strength fluctuates wildly

Guest lord_alan
Hi

Just curious to see if anybody had the same issues as me after upgrading to the official build.

Unable to logon to Google via WIFI worked ok over the data connection, also on a power up the unit

on the o2 logo does a little vibrate before the home screen appears ?, and last issue is the signal

strength fluctuates wildly

I had an issue where I couldn't log in to Google, even though I had a Wifi connection.

In the end I reset the device back to factory default and tried again. This time I used 3G to login and then turned on WiFi.

Must say am not very impressed with this build - it seems more jerky and slower than the earlier beta.

Roll on Froyo hey?

Al

Unable to logon to Google via WIFI worked ok over the data connection

Yes, I'm having the same problem, as do others obviously.

on a power up the unit on the o2 logo does a little vibrate before the home screen appears

Actually, mine has some kind of startup sound...you probably only got vibration turned on.

AS FOR THE SLOWNESS/LAG:

Try "Fast Reboot" - it's a freeware from the market which restarts all active tasks...after running it once all my lag disappeared. Keep in mind that right after flashing all programs run at once hence the lag. Use "Advanced Task Killer Free" or any other task manager to clear your RAM of Quickoffice, Sugarsync and what not.

cheers

Edited by Ha.Vo

Guest guru josh

Actually, mine has some kind of startup sound...you probably only got vibration turned on.

this is before the sound boot sequence i have is as follows get dell screen disappears comes back then o2 screen pauses a while on the o2 screen does a little e vibrate still on 02 screen then the home screen with sound comes on

Edited by guru josh

Guest everunman
Thanks for your help but I'm still having problems (I'm sorry about this) I downloaded the update.pkg no problem but my pc can't open the file for me to transfer it. When I drag and drop it onto my sdcard all I seem to be doing is transferring the shortcut. Windows (I have windows 7) says it can't open the file and asks would I like to search the web etc.. Which program/software do I need to open it?

i use w7, just hit the dell word in what was posted and it should give you an option to open or save the file, save it and transfer the pkg file to sd card rename update.pkg etc etc

good luck

Guest hdbueller
i use w7, just hit the dell word in what was posted and it should give you an option to open or save the file, save it and transfer the pkg file to sd card rename update.pkg etc etc

good luck

....don't try to open it.

....just right click on the file and choose copy

....then right click on your sd card and click paste

....Then right click on the file on the sdcard and click rename

....rename it update

then follow the original instructions to update.........

Later :P

Edited by hdbueller

Guest gl4swegi4n
....don't try to open it.

....just right click on the file and choose copy

....then right click on your sd card and click paste

....Then right click on the file on the sdcard and click rename

....rename it update

then follow the original instructions to update.........

Later :P

I have followed these instructions to a tee but still get the same message (which is driving me mental). Do you think I should completely blank my sdcard before adding the update?. There's a lot of files on it and I'm beginning to think that I might have a corrupt one on it from previous downloads etc..

Guest everunman
I have followed these instructions to a tee but still get the same message (which is driving me mental). Do you think I should completely blank my sdcard before adding the update?. There's a lot of files on it and I'm beginning to think that I might have a corrupt one on it from previous downloads etc..

yes format your card and try. Im outta ideas now, good luck

Has anybodies Baseband version changed with this update? im still showing GAUSB1A120421-EU with OEM version GAUSB1A120621 so the baseband hasn't changed from my 7546 update.