07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ejstans
Hi, sorry to ask a newbie redundant question. Does anyone know if there will be a MODACO Custom ROM based on Gingerbread for the HTC Desire (not Desire S or HD)? I would like to update to Gingerbread and really like the Custom ROM Kitchen where I can pick what apps I want. I've been wondering if there's any updates to Gingerbread planned.

Please share any info you have. Thank you.

I've been using LeeDroid based on 2.3.3 for the last few weeks and I can recommend it.

Here's the link to the XDA thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1038195

I do miss the flexibility of having the Modaco kitchen. The alternative I use is to enable S-OFF and use Titanium backup to add & remove apps from the system partition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of things missing with FR11 since my last update:

• Wireless N options are no longer in the kitchen and after updating I can no longer see my N only access points.
  • I used to have a "Reboot" option when I held the power button on my phone (I think ROM Manager put this option there) which would let me reboot into recovery withouth having to go in to ROM Manager but this seems to have gone.

Is there anybody who knows how to get these things back?

Guest Sanukk

A couple of things missing with FR11 since my last update:

• Wireless N options are no longer in the kitchen and after updating I can no longer see my N only access points.
Did you use a pre-made ROM, or bake your own?

I used to have a "Reboot" option when I held the power button on my phone (I think ROM Manager put this option there) which would let me reboot into recovery withouth having to go in to ROM Manager but this seems to have gone.

That was removed for some reason, I use the option in 'Extended Controls' now. But I do miss the power button hack.

~S

PS Really dislike the new look forum ;^<

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sanukk

Hi,

Are there any plans to do a Gingerbread version now HTC have officially released a version for the Desire, or is this the last kitchen we will get?

~S

Guest Yogimax

Hi,

Are there any plans to do a Gingerbread version now HTC have officially released a version for the Desire, or is this the last kitchen we will get?

~S

Paul has been having some issues with maintaining root on his Desire when upgrading. Once this is sorted, I would expect to see a kitchen fairly soon. B)

• 1 month later...

There is a problem. I have removed my android market with titnium backup , may be some one know how to restore it. I tried copy new vending.apk to /system/app but this don`t help. please help.