Photo

07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

• Please log in to reply
2559 replies to this topic

htcnick

htcnick

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
hi
i have a problem with the sd card. this has happened a few times and i want to find out the problem. If the phone turns off, either by me turning it off or by the batt dying, it seems to wipe all the data on the sd card. is there a prob with the sd card or the rom. if wipes both the apps and the music and pic etc on the card.
cheers.

lucier

lucier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation

hi
i have a problem with the sd card. this has happened a few times and i want to find out the problem. If the phone turns off, either by me turning it off or by the batt dying, it seems to wipe all the data on the sd card. is there a prob with the sd card or the rom. if wipes both the apps and the music and pic etc on the card.
cheers.

Hi!

Try to test if the problem could be an SDcard supply power. Just copy data on it and unplug. Do you find them after?
You could use it in a camera (for example).

Try to unplug your battery and check if your files are in the SD card on ypour computer. Maybe your phone wipe the Sd card when you turn on it!

Hope I could be usefull.

madmanidze

madmanidze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Desire
I installed the Fr11, but I can't see some contacts pictures in the sms list.

also openvpn settings dont show configs when all uploaded to /sdcard/openvpn and config saved as client1.config. but no one showed in configs list in app.

ashraf.h.ghoneim

ashraf.h.ghoneim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dears,

would you please advice how would get an online kitchen ROM which support arabic? as i have tried one online kitchen for the desire and found out that the ROM does not fully support arabic!

i.e. the letters are there but not forming one word like letter by letter words!!

did i miss something?
appreciating your usual cooperation

BR\Ashraf Ghoneim

htcnick

htcnick

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
i just changed over to leedroid, best thing i ever did. phone looks and performs better. just need help with a few things.
where can i get the original clock widget that has the world clock and alarm clock from and also i want the the widget from the calander so i have a choice of the size and shape of the widget. and if anyone knows how i can get more screens that would be good. It comes with 5 but the over roms have 7.
cheers.

zaphodbeeb

zaphodbeeb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:desire
Hi Paul,

I think I've found a problem with the sense kitchen ROM for HTC desire with regards to busybox. As follows:

Firstly I flashed my kitchen sense ROM and all went well. A clean install of the ROM.

Then I wanted to upgrade the busybox from the rom 1.16 version. Firstly I tried downloading the busybox app. When I tried to install it came up with a message that superuser permissions were wrong and that busybox couldnt be updated. There was also a message stating that I should remind the rom developer to install busybox in the correct location.

Anyhow I tried JRummy's busybox installer, and after selecting the alternate location for the install the install appeared successful.

I powered down my s-off htc desire. Then powered it on again. It just hangs on the alpharev splash screen. Thankfully after removing the battery, I could still get into recovery.

This happens on versions 1.19, and 1.18 versions of busybox install (possibly all other versions higher than the 1.16 but I didnt try them all).

Also one other minor point. I selected for ROM manager to be installed in the kitchen, but it seems to have been skipped by the kitchen ROM maker.

Apart from the inability to update busybox the resulting rom is excellent and reliable and I would much preffer to stick with your ROM as opposed to other "stable" roms. Please fix it, or advise of a work around as I am a fan.

thanks

Andy

HTC Desire (GSM)
S-Off
A different rom each day of the week, currently modoco (no sense)
changeco.com managing the business of change

zwox

zwox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
  • Twitter:@zwox
hi paul, I don't know if i am right but it seems that cyanogen mod uses a modified bluetooth stack allowing HID. I was wondering if it was possible to add this in mcr (and/or kitchen as an opiton).
I am not familiar with cyanogen. I am used to modify mcr for my desire to make my own rom from mcr releases. I don't know if it is possible to had HID support recompiling the kernel, and sa I post here before to have a look. I know this is not the very fair order to do things, but I just wanted not to reinvent the wheel so I ask.

Thank's in advance

Fred34

Fred34

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY SII

Just upgraded to this from r9 and now wifi won't work. It just says 'error' and won't switch on.

Any ideas?

hi,

same here.

amarzahn

amarzahn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
i wonder how i am going to get the android OS fix for the current bug with the unsecured data transmission between gmail and android OS???
google just sent this out as a silent update - but i guess the modaco mod will fail to recognize any updates and fixes from google?
thanks for your support!

lightspeedc

lightspeedc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, sorry to ask a newbie redundant question. Does anyone know if there will be a MODACO Custom ROM based on Gingerbread for the HTC Desire (not Desire S or HD)? I would like to update to Gingerbread and really like the Custom ROM Kitchen where I can pick what apps I want. I've been wondering if there's any updates to Gingerbread planned.

Please share any info you have. Thank you.

ziggert

ziggert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thats what I'm interested in as well.

Paid Modaco and hope there will be a release soon. The kitchen is perfect.

ejstans

ejstans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy SII

Hi, sorry to ask a newbie redundant question. Does anyone know if there will be a MODACO Custom ROM based on Gingerbread for the HTC Desire (not Desire S or HD)? I would like to update to Gingerbread and really like the Custom ROM Kitchen where I can pick what apps I want. I've been wondering if there's any updates to Gingerbread planned.

Please share any info you have. Thank you.

I've been using LeeDroid based on 2.3.3 for the last few weeks and I can recommend it.
Here's the link to the XDA thread
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1038195

I do miss the flexibility of having the Modaco kitchen. The alternative I use is to enable S-OFF and use Titanium backup to add & remove apps from the system partition.

Sanukk

Sanukk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Location:To the left of your body, to the right of your mind
  • Interests:Android Phones, Beer, Girls, Pirates!
  • Devices:i9300
  • Twitter:@Mex5150
Hi,

Any chance of adding: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=867049 to the next version (assuming there will actually be a next version.

~S

zwox

zwox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:htc desire
  • Twitter:@zwox
does anyone know the password for cacerts.bks on fr11 please ?

gunk

gunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
A couple of things missing with FR11 since my last update:

• Wireless N options are no longer in the kitchen and after updating I can no longer see my N only access points.
  • I used to have a "Reboot" option when I held the power button on my phone (I think ROM Manager put this option there) which would let me reboot into recovery withouth having to go in to ROM Manager but this seems to have gone.
Is there anybody who knows how to get these things back?

Sanukk

Sanukk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

A couple of things missing with FR11 since my last update:

• Wireless N options are no longer in the kitchen and after updating I can no longer see my N only access points.

Did you use a pre-made ROM, or bake your own?

• I used to have a "Reboot" option when I held the power button on my phone (I think ROM Manager put this option there) which would let me reboot into recovery withouth having to go in to ROM Manager but this seems to have gone.
  • That was removed for some reason, I use the option in 'Extended Controls' now. But I do miss the power button hack.

~S

PS Really dislike the new look forum ;^<

zengzhi

zengzhi

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts
    http://s8.hk/5dyl This is HTC it?

Sanukk

Sanukk

Regular

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 57 posts
    Hi,

Are there any plans to do a Gingerbread version now HTC have officially released a version for the Desire, or is this the last kitchen we will get?

~S

Yogimax

Yogimax

Enthusiast

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 221 posts
    • Devices:HTC One; Advent Vega

Hi,

Are there any plans to do a Gingerbread version now HTC have officially released a version for the Desire, or is this the last kitchen we will get?

~S

Paul has been having some issues with maintaining root on his Desire when upgrading. Once this is sorted, I would expect to see a kitchen fairly soon. B)

eugenea

eugenea

• Members
    • Pip
    • 15 posts
    • Devices:desire
    There is a problem. I have removed my android market with titnium backup , may be some one know how to restore it. I tried copy new vending.apk to /system/app but this don`t help. please help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users