Photo

07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

• Please log in to reply
2559 replies to this topic

aslsthlm

aslsthlm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@aslsthlm

Hmmm, i've leaned towards not doing this, what does everyone think?

P

good..

Device: HTC Desire
Rom: Oxygen v2.0-RC4
Kernel: VorkKernel
Radio: 32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27
Recovery: RA-desire-v2.0.1
HBOOT: 0.93 S-Off Oxygen Table

prgopala

prgopala

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:NEXUS ONE

Alrighty everyone, i'm starting on the r9 release. :P

It's basically r8 atm, but I will be dropping bits and pieces in (and requests) as we move forward.

P

sir make sumthing for nexus one :) atleast make a commit.. which feels like a commit...thr r many who r provding many 4 free.... not like modaco :(

P

does my signature match :(

western

western

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
The modded Hi-Res 3D-Gallery would be a nice choice.
Have to flash it always separatly.
It brings a really better Resolution than the standard Gallery3D.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?p=7662728

Madeli

Madeli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

P

Pls dont do it. Keep it as it is. People can do that themself.... this is a rom for everyone and then it should be like stock and then people can mod it how they want.

Thats what i think...

Nicke

Nicke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
If it's an option in the kitchen, people can do as they like. Keep it as near stock if you want but why not allow people to easily choose?

Exlo

Exlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@TeAmExlo

Pls dont do it. Keep it as it is. People can do that themself.... this is a rom for everyone and then it should be like stock and then people can mod it how they want.

Thats what i think...

Yes, please include :P
Just dont tick that checkbox if you dont want it!
Thats why we have a kitchen :)

Edited by Exlo, 03 September 2010 - 08:26 PM.

Mr Taylor

Mr Taylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, S-off, etc
  • Twitter:@tinker2000

P

I personally dont like the circle mod... I dont mind the coloured other icons, but the circle bit, IMO, is a bit cheesy

I would like the dsp and a nice OC Interactive kernel, like in Open Desire/CM6 but without the battery drain.

Also, an update program like DeFrost, OD and CM

Am I on my own here?

Madeli

Madeli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Yes, please include :P
Just dont tick that checkbox if you dont want it!
Thats why we have a kitchen :)

yes, very true... But its as easy to go to xda and get it too :(

I use it myself! I just dont think the kitchen should have it... there are alot of battery mods... should we then add them all?

Its just what i think... but its up to Paul :(

LouiS22

LouiS22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Thats what i think...

Totally agree!

First this, and then that... And soon you won't able to control the requests, such as: I would like an new icon for X or Y, please make it with red color, etc.

Diggedy

Diggedy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Desire, Wildfire, Defy, Arc
  • Twitter:@RichyNeal
I use the circle mod version D I think which is on these forums. I also use espresso bar mod. Whilst it wouldnt hurt to have these as options in the kitchen its probably just a waste of your time as anyone who wants to theme their desire can easily find the necessary files on here or XDA. Plus since there are many versions of these mods, people would want loads of different versions adding to the kitchen, again, more time spent on something not really necessary

Edited by Diggedy, 03 September 2010 - 09:03 PM.

Nicke

Nicke

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
The requests i see in the threads here is about 2 or 3 different mods. Why not use the most popular only and then stop there?

woti17

woti17

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Devices:htc desire

I personally dont like the circle mod... I dont mind the coloured other icons, but the circle bit, IMO, is a bit cheesy

I would like the dsp and a nice OC Interactive kernel, like in Open Desire/CM6 but without the battery drain.

Also, an update program like DeFrost, OD and CM

Am I on my own here?

you can have dsp btw, but it doesn't work as aspected, ie youtube stalls if dsp manager is started and you change things

i personally would like to see more opt-in than opt-out in the kitchen

opt-in for:
- stocks
- the htc widgets (too much everytime to click away)
- wave secure
- torch, app-sharing, car-panel, news and wheater, live wallpapers
- only one checkbox for social apps (if checked it should install friendstream automagically!)
- voice call, fm, voice recorder, voice search
- news/rss
- ase+scripts, spare parts

atm the kitchen gets more frustrating with every r+, too much to click away

ZiCoN

ZiCoN

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Twitter:@ZiCoN_dk

P

I agree with the idea of keeping it as "stock" as possible. But the whole idea (what I think at least) of the Sense UI is eye-candy and smooth productivity. As some of the others, I'm not crazy about the circle X, Y, Z bla bla.... However, the smooth sense looks stock but blends better in the the stock than... the stock...

... if that makes... sense :P

HTC Desire
MCR Custom :)

David_P

David_P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Devices:HTC Bravo, EVO3D & Blade
  • Twitter:@david_peltz

Are you aware this isn't i the stock 2.2 ROM either?

I am aware it isn't in the Stock Sense ROM yes, but it is a part of the vanilla 2.2 ROMs and is still available via google search if settings is made searchable. I just thought it was worth an ask :-)

David_P

HTC Desire
Orange De-branded, SIM Unlocked & Rooted
2.09.405.8 MoDaCo R9
32.47.00.32U_5.10.05.23
HBOOT 0.93 S-OFF

gigijoey

gigijoey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Paul.

Met someone in the park who also uses your ROMs. Nice feeling.

Anyhow, could I request some wifi proxy support. There are a lot of people on Google forum who need this.

Thanks
Gig

vfrvulcan

vfrvulcan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:One X, Desire

P

Happy for it either way. I use Circle-Mod B but it's no biggie to flash separately, admittedly a kitchen option would make it easier...

Things I would like to see:

A working browser which doesn't crash on pages like http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-kent-10992762. It happens on quite a few others as well but I don't know if this is just an R5/6/7/8 thing or whether all ROMs including stock are affected - perhaps others can confirm. Please don't suggest using Dolphin or something else as I just want one browser which works properly, including the auto-flow. @Paul, you said the page worked for you before but then I pointed out that under the video it proclaimed a flash error and you were going to look into it.

HTC Messaging, again, I don't know if this is a bug in R8 or generally. Select an existing SMS thread, create a reply, hit send, and sometimes I get a message saying 'invalid recipient, please enter a valid address' or similar. Hit the mug-shot of the other half of the thread, select send message and all works. Weird!

The Power governors update as mentioned several times in this thread already.

Bluetooth working with my Jawbone 2 - not tried any other (chef's) ROMs since R5 so don't know if this is a MoDaCo thing or not.

HTC Email, gone is the option to search the Exchange Server, what happened to it???

Other than that, you're doing a great job, thanks!

Aaron

armshouse

armshouse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Paul,

I'm trying to use the wiimote controller app. It doesn't work on the desire. Something to do with the manufacturer not supporting all Bluetooth settings (im no techie so its gone over my head the exact problem) but could you look into the problem and see if its possible to make your mod have full Bluetooth functionality?

Btw, keep up the good work mate! Very impressed by what you do!

greves1

greves1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Desire
I'm all about the MoDaCo boot screen, but can we get it with a black background? :P

Sally Mack

Sally Mack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I am aware it isn't in the Stock Sense ROM yes, but it is a part of the vanilla 2.2 ROMs and is still available via google search if settings is made searchable. I just thought it was worth an ask :-)

David_P

I tried what you said above, but couldn't bring up the privacy settings menu. How exactly did you do this? Just make settings searchable, then search for "privacy"? I tried a few different searches to no avail.

Grobie

Grobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7 3G
  • Twitter:@grobiedeb

P

Maybe as a optional extra that can be bake in with the kitchen for the people that wants it, I personal use the Silver Framework E one.

Grobies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users