Photo

03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

rovex

rovex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Rovex
Ok got a problem. Ive flashed an r2 ROM and the phone has rebooted but its stuck at the dell/modaco guy screen. Periodically it blinks but nothing else happens.

hdbueller

hdbueller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak,HTC Athena
I have a US AT&T version with the Modaco r2 4399 build. Can I just flash the 2.1 Modaco rom, or do I have to do something else?
Thanks

Dell Streak
AT&T Version(Unlocked)
DJ's Streakdroid 1.5.1
AT&T

Visiting XDA Mod

jutley

jutley

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Devices:Dell streak baby oh yea
For those of you that think this rom is slow and or laggy it is not have been testing it since it was released i have to say i am impressed.It is very snappy and paul aint even started yet it would be great if paul and the technologist teamed up and created a custom kernnel as the did on the htc hero android they got that to blistering speeds what you say paul? Let the old times roll :P

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile

Had to run a factory reset after installing the MCR, however its now in and running. Even cut down, its just as slow as the O2 2.1 rom though.

you're doing something wrong then this is much faster

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile

I have a US AT&T version with the Modaco r2 4399 build. Can I just flash the 2.1 Modaco rom, or do I have to do something else?
Thanks

Read the first post.. you need baseband 206 so flash the latest o2 first...

hdbueller

hdbueller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak,HTC Athena

Read the first post.. you need baseband 206 so flash the latest o2 first...

Tried that......but when it goes to do it, it briefly tries to go to recovery and then I just get the little android dude and the triangle with the ! in it.
I have also recieved the update notification, but when I download it and try to run it, I also get the little android dude and the triangle with the ! in it.
I feel like such a noob with android.....LOL Learning by the day..... :P
Later.......... :)

UPDATE: I don't know what I did, but it is up and working now..... I just re-flashed everything from the beginning (again) and it worked!

Edited by hdbueller, 05 September 2010 - 01:14 PM.

Dell Streak
AT&T Version(Unlocked)
DJ's Streakdroid 1.5.1
AT&T

Visiting XDA Mod

stuliv12

stuliv12

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
If i flash this new mcr, will my existing apps installed remain? Thanks in advance.

vinokirk

vinokirk

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Devices:DHD, DZ, SF

If i flash this new mcr, will my existing apps installed remain? Thanks in advance.

Mine did :-)

jutley

jutley

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
mine too :P

stuliv12

stuliv12

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
nice :P

finalmoksha

finalmoksha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Ok got a problem. Ive flashed an r2 ROM and the phone has rebooted but its stuck at the dell/modaco guy screen. Periodically it blinks but nothing else happens.

Mine is stuck at the dell screen. went to fastboot, flashed the stock recovery and then back to 8105. this boots fine. Tried flashing the mcr but it just wont boot. tried it a few times. any ideas guys??

AndroidClone

AndroidClone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Mine is stuck at the dell screen. went to fastboot, flashed the stock recovery and then back to 8105. this boots fine. Tried flashing the mcr but it just wont boot. tried it a few times. any ideas guys??

I flashed my stock att 1.6 to 2.1 r2 by flashing the official package for 1.6 o2, do the online update through 1.6, it will upgrade your os into 2.1 official then go back into fastboot and flash clockwork 2.0.5.1 i believe is the latest version, upload modacos 2.1 to your phone rename it to update.zip and use clockwork to flash.

salt, pepper, done.

finalmoksha

finalmoksha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

I flashed my stock att 1.6 to 2.1 r2 by flashing the official package for 1.6 o2, do the online update through 1.6, it will upgrade your os into 2.1 official then go back into fastboot and flash clockwork 2.0.5.1 i believe is the latest version, upload modacos 2.1 to your phone rename it to update.zip and use clockwork to flash.
salt, pepper, done.

Thanks. Will try this tomorrow and revert. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers.

This is what i did
Stock recovery: down from 2.1 to 1.6 - DOWNLOAD
You have to load it to your phone in FASTBOOT MODE
Then you update Stock 1.6 (O2 official built 4399) - DOWNLOAD
You can now either update directly through the prompt you get from Dell/O2, or you can run the update manually Stock 2.1 built 8105 - DOWNLOAD

After this I flashed the clockwork recovery and then to MCR 2.1 R2. No issues so far. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Edited by finalmoksha, 06 September 2010 - 06:11 AM.

wgizmo

wgizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Guys then in what improvement have this rom comparing to o2 release?

crash6

crash6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

For those of you that think this rom is slow and or laggy it is not have been testing it since it was released i have to say i am impressed.It is very snappy and paul aint even started yet it would be great if paul and the technologist teamed up and created a custom kernnel as the did on the htc hero android they got that to blistering speeds what you say paul? Let the old times roll smile.gif

You say it is fast but I disagree. Could you please post a video of your widget menu scrolling? There may be a reason that some are slow and some are not. Can we also post a screen shot of the about menu?

Edited by crash6, 06 September 2010 - 12:54 AM.

twe

twe

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
Was wondering Paul, as some things have been broken in the official release compared to the leaked beta, as reported on many sites, would it be a good idea to be mixing parts of that into this official one? Like the Gyroscope issue. Thanks.

irenic

irenic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
can i flash to this from US locked set on android 1.6? i used rebelSim though ..

jutley

jutley

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
guys put it this way paul is going to keep updating this mcr release if you read his first post he says this is only the begining so you will see plenty of updates as for o2 ha i dont think your be getting much from them :P

Edited by jutley, 06 September 2010 - 08:34 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,254 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
We can't do a custom kernel until Dell release the source!

I am going to do some 'bolt on kernel bits' tho. :P

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

llecaroz

llecaroz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Paul,

Question, is it possible to propose in your mcr to replace (or to deefinitively remove this one to add another email client) the old version of the k9 mail client by the one in the google market which is newer, supports text selection, and and and Openpgp...

So could you also propose the Apg android openpgp client in the menu also of your kitchen rom tool ?

Thx in advance regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users